It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple wants to block iPhone users from filming live events with their smartphone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

nah dude, it will be free
and available from Cydia
just like untrakerd came out in less than 48hrs
of the gps log issue came to light

yet another reason to jailbreak

edit to add: interesting post in the comments even more interesting is the username of poster

I love how the press is trying to make something of this. Here are a few things to know, and feel free to look back...IF YOU SEE APPLE ALLOW A PATENT TO BE MADE PUBLIC BEFORE ANY PRODUCT IS RELEASED CHANCES ARE THEY ARE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GOING TO RELEASE IT! Time and time again we have seen patents issues to Apple that NEVER see the light of day as products. However we have seen MANY MANY MANY instances where Apple releases a new product and/or feature and the patent becomes public MUCH later. As with any company that creates IP, when Apple comes up with an idea or application of something by nature they patent it! Nothing more or less...in fact you guys are looking at this ALL WRONG! If Apple applied for this patent, as I said, they have really no intention of ever bringing it to market. If that's the case...THEY JUST PROTECTED YOUR RIGHTS sine no one else will be able to! In other words it's a slow news day!

- NotTellinYou, Cupertino, CA, 18/6/2011

edit on 19-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by macman

nah dude, it will be free
and available from Cydia
just like untrakerd came out in less than 48hrs
of the gps log issue came to light

yet another reason to jailbreak

Yeah, I know.
I was going at it with more sarcasm then anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
Make no mistake. This isn't so much about filming a live concert as it is filming the police in action.

Yes, the police will be waring little infrared transmitters that will shut the camera down.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You can merely throw a piece of tape over the sensor to block Infrared.

Apple's gone off the deep end. There is no possible way their sensor will work.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

But what if the senor is the camera its self? If the senor is separate from the camera then yes this will work but if the senor is the camera then you are out of luck.

And yes most cameras now can see into the infrared. Try this to see if yours can. Take you camera and then take any TV remote and point it at the camera. Push a button on the remote and you will most likely see the remote light up. It will look more purple than red on most cameras you will see the light.

edit on 6/19/2011 by fixer1967 because: To add test details

edit on 6/19/2011 by fixer1967 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is a simple solution to avoid this problem: dont buy any Apple products.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I agree. and I don't and wont.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join