It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China about to Kick off?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think the U.S. has defined it's interest's here:

The US said it had a national security interest in a peaceful resolution and that it supported a collective solution. Beijing insists the issue should be handled through bilateral deals.

and here:

"Perhaps the presence of our treaty partner, which is the United States of America, ensures that all of us will have freedom of navigation, will conform to international law."

Link...

So although I do not completely understand what the relationship is between China and Veitnam is at the moment, it is pretty clear that the U.S. has decided that NATO should again be the world police.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Truth be told I, wouldn't see anybody go through what we did.China's egocentric rulers obviously don't let themselves be bothered by little things like facts on their destined way to achieve a 50 year Chung Kuo,after all these upstart civilizations are not as experienced in these matters,or as wise.

Pride.....what does it do?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Bradely Manning.. He was not even hating, just truth telling..

What the hell are you talking about?

Bradly Manning was dealing in stolen documents.

CYBERSPACE to MER!! Back in this thread on the the internet in the ATS forum
We are talking about the what the chinese government does
to people who oppose them peacefully (aka labor camps, head beat-in's, death)
Ask the Tibetans...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by hillynilly

after a decade of war in vietnam only to become their best buds because of a chinese threat?

after a decade of war fighting islamic extremism to become their best buds in libya.

dude i cant stand china or vietnam or radical extremism.

but when you play both sides yeah my country has my contempt.

dont really care if you dont like it.

With the U.S having either declared war or engaged in some form of military intervention against so many different countries over the past century - the world would be a very small place if the U.S ignored these former enemies.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Bradely Manning.. He was not even hating, just truth telling..

What the hell are you talking about?

Bradly Manning was dealing in stolen documents.

CYBERSPACE to MER!! Back in this thread on the the internet in the ATS forum
We are talking about the what the chinese government does
to people who oppose them peacefully (aka labor camps, head beat-in's, death)
Ask the Tibetans...

what the hell are you talking about,china has remained within its remit for thousands of years... America in its short existance has been in a perpetual state of war and has over a thousand military bases worldwide. China is not a threat... you are judging a different book by your own cover..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You are sadly mistaken. China is all over the Middle East and Africa, buying up their resources and providing military assistance. It's on the news and the interwebs.

Heck, they're buying large swaths of land in the US as well.
edit on 14-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

You know ive yet too see if its North?? or South Vietnam ??that is blocking China's access too the Islands?

Anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You are sadly mistaken. China is all over the Middle East and Africa, buying up their resources and providing military assistance. It's on the news and the interwebs.

Yes they have been building roads, hospitals and schools. not droping bombs, toppling democraticly elected governments and forcing contrties to have a centralized banking system. China is buying up resources and giving infrastructure in return..... thats a lot more than the west has done......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes they have been building roads, hospitals and schools. not droping bombs, toppling democraticly elected governments and forcing contrties to have a centralized banking system. China is buying up resources and giving infrastructure in return..... thats a lot more than the west has done......

Hmmm..We used to do that as well, still do as a matter of fact. Give it time. The worm will turn my friend.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So i don't see where China offered to BUY the Islands,, instead of by machine gun ,,,,,diplomacy,
China,,,,the same country that shut off ALL rare Earth Metals too Japan,,over that dispute about More Islands,, peacefully done,,or under threat,, which threat do you prefer?
Or is China just Island hopping, like MacArthur?

No mistake about it the red dragon is on the move.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Heck, they're buying large swaths of land in the US as well.

And can you give me a good reason for them to not be allowed to?

www.chinaafricarealstory.com...

Some researched info on the Chinese - Africa relations from an unbiased source.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

This is the area that is in question...according to the link:

The complex dispute over sovereignty in the 1.2m square miles of sea has been simmering for decades, but has grown increasingly fractious in the past few years. Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines and Taiwan also lay claim to parts of the sea.

As much as a third of the world's trade passes through the Malacca Strait. Countries are also competing to tap the sea's energy resources and exploit its fish stocks.

LNK...

So it seems that it is not just Vietnam that is affected, but rather things have escalated enough that Vietnam is under the microscope at the moment with China's hostility (hostile might be a bit exaggerated). So in response to your question...I think there is obvious adversity from both North and South Vietnam at least according to China!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I see no reason to be truthful, but it should be conditions based. These companies are after all, State run. Gotta be careful.

A purchase should employ the locals, not imported labor under the guise of immigration.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Gobs of Piracy going on in that strait as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So China wants to take on a fully united vietnam??

or should it be

edit on 14-6-2011 by BobAthome because: i would luv too watch that one on pay per view,,paybacks a bitch.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

As much as a third of the world's trade passes through the Malacca Strait. Countries are also competing to tap the sea's energy resources and exploit its fish stocks.

LNK...

I would imagine that China`s claim to huge expanses of the South China Sea aren`t helping the dispute either ..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I agree...there seems to be a tremendous push by China to control what is and is not going to pass though these waters, and they seem to want authority to control the sea fairing market here. The question is, or should be, why limit trade and shipping routes in this area, and for what reason. Money is an obvious reward in itself, but there seems to be more on the table...I have to wonder what is really under the rug on this developing situation?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

So China wants to take on a fully united vietnam??

or should it be

edit on 14-6-2011 by BobAthome because: i would luv too watch that one on pay per view,,paybacks a bitch.

I really don't know what China's intentions are...I would assume (and I hate to do that) China is willing to do whatever is necessary in their view to maintain control...they are communists.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The Communist North Vietnamese successfully overthrew the South immediately after we abandoned them.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

I was wondering when someone would point out that Vietnam has been a unified country since 1975.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join