It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Boeing does'nt want you to know about their 737 planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

What Boeing does'nt want you to know about their 737 planes

sbs.com.au

Last night the Australian TV network SBS aired a report called A Wing and a Paryer in which they ask; could Boeing really have allowed ill-fitting and dangerous parts into the construction of some 737 planes, potentially risking the lives of passengers?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It seems from the reports contents, that Boeing is knowingly fitting defective parts into some of their planes.

Two Boeing Internal auditors audited Boeings sub-cntractor and lost their jobs for persuing their findings and thats not all.

SBS got this report off the English language Al Jazeer network. Sorry If I havent posted the link correctly. This is the first time I have made such a post and I wanted to get this up before SBS takes the story off their website.

You can view the report using the link above.

sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
im never gettin on a plane again lol...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ah, like I believe anything the news have to say.

Similar like Spanish cucumbers, these "boeing news" could be just a "war of corporations"...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Here is the quote for you incase they take it down soon so people can read. Dateline is my favourite tv show form anywhere in the world, and this report reinforces it...Cant believe George Negus left for mainstream channel 10

Could airline giant Boeing really have allowed ill-fitting and dangerous parts into the construction of some of its 737 planes, potentially risking the lives of passengers? Dozens of the planes are in Australian skies and there have been three suspicious crashes elsewhere in the world, but an investigation screened on Dateline alleges that Boeing and the United States authorities have taken little action.

Two former Boeing employees turned whistleblowers, Gigi Prewitt and Taylor Smith, are at the heart of the story. They say they couldn't keep quiet any longer over defective parts being made by a subcontractor, Ducommun, which they say were then allowed into 737 Next Generation planes between 1996 and 2004… some even had to be hammered into shape or packed with filler to make them fit.

Their allegations have been all the way to the US Department of Justice, the Federal Aviation Administration and the Defence Criminal Investigative Service – all have dismissed them, with Boeing saying they’re ‘without merit’. But Tim Tate's special investigation alleges conflicting information, intimidation, collusion, and ultimately aeroplanes that are unfit to fly. So are we really safe in the skies?
www.sbs.com.au...

And the transcript of the video report is here as noone outside of Australia can watch it:
www.sbs.com.au...
edit on 13-6-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Dateline is from a non profit tv station, and hardly mainstream media, quite the contrary.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As Kal El said in the movie Superman; "Statistically speaking of course, it's still the safest way to travel". I am constantly amazed at how few plane crashes or even minor incidents there are, given the amount of air traffic worldwide on a daily basis.

Seriously, look how many MILITARY aircraft of all kinds (prop planes, fighters, choppers), crash all the the time even on just routine training flights or just moving them from one base to another, and you would assume that military aircraft are made to much higher tolerances, more often inspected and maintained than civilian craft.

Most large jets are surprisingly hard to crash, they can lose 2 engines and still land just fine. I believe the biggest causes of civilian plane crashes are things like wind shear, where all the piloting skills and redundant systems just don't help. Fortunately we have gotten good at detecting and predicting weather patterns that create dangerous flying weather and route around them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Whenever a new products hits the market, the first people using it are some kind of guineas pigs.

The best example is software, I used almost every version of windows and the stability from the early versions was crap, but we paid more for it than we now have to for windows7.

The problem is people wanting have the latest technology without having that technology tested in every possible way before it hits the consumer market, so the product is flawed the moment it hits the shelves.

It's not like Boeing is the only company that does it, remember when Airbus had to replace all of its flight speed indicators not that long ago?

Or the second generation Iphone where they first wanted to blame the users for not holding the phone properly while there was less signal reception.?

That's why I nowadays read a lot of reviews before I buy something, spent too much money in life already on rubbish.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
WOW,
How many of these posters actually watched the video?
Its not about a design flaw or something minor overlooked.

The video shows how a company who manufactures key structural parts redesigning them and building them with common household tools.
It even goes to the extent of how these parts contributed to the deaths of passengers as the air-frame broke up.

The scary thing is Boeing employees redesigned the aircraft as they went with hammers to accept these inferior parts...shocking how the managment and legal system ignored the fact

To be honest, Airbus more then likely has similar issues with parts been out of spec due to their large sourcing

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I don't believe in non-profit TV stations.

somebody is giving the money for every TV station out there.

and that somebody is always following his goals and goals of his masters...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't know about Boeings, but an old friend used to work laminating plane parts for Airbus. He refused point blank to ever fly in one, citing that they are not safe due to shoddy workmanship. Maybe this is a danger with any spread- out manufacturing of planes or other vehicles?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7
Ah, like I believe anything the news have to say.

Similar like Spanish cucumbers, these "boeing news" could be just a "war of corporations"...

Its been leaked before, on television, a show that depicts disasters. And I'm pretty sure its not just boeing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is nothing new in this story. I have a friend who worked for BAE, he won't fly in anything they built. He'll fly in anything else as he doesn't know what went into the construction and would be oblivious.

As ever, scrimping and saving for every penny compromises what should be much stricter guidelines. Remember most of these planes are built to a minimum specification, not to an ideal. You pays your money, you take your choice! To fly or not to fly! I expect it's the same with ships, planes, cars, bicycles, etc.

Maybe a horse or foot is your best bet for travel, although shoes aren't what they used to be, and horses scare the crap out of me, one bit my Mum once, and another chinned me and knocked me clean out. My two experiences with horses do not encourage me to have further dealings with them, other than at a BBQ in France.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
our local airliners do that everytime

our aeronautical engineers replace deffective parts with "not so deffective" parts

by the way, i'm from manila... we have the most beautiful beaches & b******s you'd ever see

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

That is the case with just about everything!! How would you feel being launched in a space shuttle built by the lowest bidder?? Same with airplanes...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Seems Australia has been having problems with AirBus planes and not Boeing.

An Australian Airbus had to make an emergency detour/landing here not long ago because the electrics in the cockpit burst into flames.

I'd rather fly a shoddily maintained 737 than a brand new Airbus any day.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i wonder how much of the news media that released report has invested in airbus

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by seiva7

Dateline is from a non profit tv station, and hardly mainstream media, quite the contrary.

Non-profit tv stations operate with funds that have been donated to them.

A promise of a large donation is payment enough for someone to look the other way.

top topics

join