It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Admits Plans to Inject Aerosols into Stratosphere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

And in reference to the T.A.P. proposal and the diagram I reference on Page 31, which is labeled Figure 5.3, it's caption reads:

Figure 5.3. Example of typical flight path executed by research aircraft in the study of oxidant formation in power plant plume in the vicinity of Nashville TN. The color code identifies the flight track of the aircraft (green) and the various point sources in the region, the direction of their plumes and the plume-crossings by the aircraft. The estimated relative magnitude of the various sources of NOx are listed in the box. From SOS (1998)

Is there anything about the words "example of typical flight path," "flight track of the aircraft," and "direction of their plumes and the plume-crossings by aircraft" that would give the impression that this is not a diagram showing an example of a flight paths of aircraft that are emitting plumes?

No, it does not give that impression at all, it shows exactly what the caption says it shows.
In other words it shows the flightpath of the air sampling aircraft taking samples from the POWER PLANT plumes (chimney discharge) from the Paradise, Kentucky power plant (in black), the Gallatin, tennessee power plant (in pink), the Cumberland, Tennessee power plant (in red) and the Johnsonville, Tennessee power plant (in blue).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The completed (yes, completed) Department of Energy Tropospheric Aerosol Program (TAP) was a "Prior Program Component" of the the much larger and more indepth Department of Energy Atmospheric Science Program (ASP) the goal of which is........................

The Department of Energy's Atmospheric Science Program has as its long-term goal developing comprehensive understanding of the atmospheric processes that control the transport, transformation, and fate of energy related trace chemicals and particulate matter. The current focus of the program is aerosol radiative forcing of climate: aerosol formation and evolution and aerosol properties that affect direct and indirect influences on climate and climate change.

Before the chemtrail believers go leaping in and misinterpreting the ASP program details, here is the ASP definition of aerosols............................

Aerosols are suspended solid or liquid particles in the air that often are visible as dust, smoke and haze. Aerosols come from a variety of natural and human processes. On a global basis, the bulk of aerosols originate from natural sources, mainly sea salt, dust and wildfires. Human-produced aerosols arise primarily from a variety of combustion sources. They can be the dominant form of aerosol in and downwind of highly populated and industrialized regions, and in areas of intense agricultural burning.

One thing that I picked up from the details of this program that some of you may find ironic or amusing is the identity of one of the aircraft used in the TAP and ASP programs is non-other than the (in)famous Grumman Gulfstream 159 (G-1) N701BN (now where have I seen that aircraft before.
)

HERE is some more information on the Gulfstream, including what instrumentation it carries and what the external (forward facing) probes are for.

For all of you believers out there who say it is impossible to sample contrails at altitude, I'll give you a bit of help to do just that.
Here is the FORM to fill out to request a booking for this dedicated air sample gathering aircraft to directly sample some suspicious looking contrails. According to table 7.3 on page 64 of the TAP document the going rate in 2001 was $5000 an hour, allowing for inflation, budgeting $10,000 an hour should be more than enough to cover it. If you spread the cost amongst the many, many serious believers in chemtrails the cost would be negligible per head for quantifiable results.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
first let me say great find by the op and it certainly makes the debunkers jobs alot harder now .
My problem with all this is that the route cause for global warming is not from the sun's rays and i don't buy into the whole greenhouse effect being directly caused by our production of CO2 after all we produce 3 % of all the CO2 released each year nature causes the other 97%.
If this is the plane to reduce global temps[after all we have seen .65 degree rise in air temp]it will fail.
If you look up what causes the air temp to rise you will see that the oceans[1.5-3 degree rise in temp]are causing the increase global temps then take a look at what causes the heating of the oceans [geothermal energy] and you will see the real cause of our problems.
when you add to that the increase in earthquakes and there magnitude and the increase in volcanic activity [i would just like to point out that the vast majority of our volcanoes are under the oceans and therefore its hard to get a true reading of how many are erupting]and join the dots.
Therefore this plan will fail unless it's not to reduce global temps but an attempt to patch up the 2 great holes in our ozone layers.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RobotCat

Won't happen.

I've tried...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Easier to moan about it on the internets and in the case of the William Thomas's and Cliff Carnicons, it's easier to keep the myth alive.

Instead of helping to finance what in the world are they spraying, why didn't Michael Murphey finance a research expedition to sample chemtrails....?

Can't eliminate your cash cow I spose!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monstertako
reply to post by Phage

Got a question for you, as I'm on the fence about Chemtrails, and I feel like both sides have valid arguments.

Up until recently, I lived in an arid region with maybe 350 days of sun, about 45 minutes west of Palm Springs. The commercial airlines run east to west, and west is the direction of the Ontario and Los Angeles airports, Ontario being about an hour's drive. Planes go back and forth across the sky all day and night, and they are at a height where I can make out their general shape, and the shapes of their windows, and their coloring.
Now, there are other planes which fly much higher than this, and these are indistinct specks to my eyes. These planes are shiny white or gray, leave white or gray trails in their wake, and they sometimes criss-cross the sky north and south, east and west to make a grid pattern in the sky. The trails eventually spread and cover vast portions of the sky for the remainder of the day. I have followed the path of these planes for 25 miles, as I sometimes dropped my daughter off at college, or picked her up while they were still in motion.
I am willing to entertain an explanation that it gets colder the higher it is, and the more likely a contrail will form, except for one repeated event. These high altitude planes leave a trail, then stop leaving it. They turn around in the sky, and once they've positioned themselves parallel to their previous line, the trail starts up again, like skywriting. Sometimes they kept going all the way down the horizon until I couldn't see them anymore, but many times I'd watch them making the wide turns and start their way back from where they'd first come from, and no trail whatsoever while they're making the turn. It looked a lot like a farmer tilling a field, turning his mule around, and starting on the next row back.
I've looked into cloud seeding, but doesn't there have to be a cloud first for them to seed?
The sun is always cooking out there, there is no surface water, there are no crops, there is hardly any wind for three quarters of the year, and I have no idea why something would be trailing a plane in such a way right up to the edge of a populated area, as when this condensation or chemical or whatever it is settles, it would land well into the desert.
This occurred in the eastern most corner of Riverside and San Bernardino counties, in California, and I noticed it from 2008 through 2010.
edit on 6/10/2011 by Monstertako because: Oops, meant to say spread instead of disperse!

Please get off the God-damn fence. What you have described is going on in
every single NATO country. Aluminium oxides are being sprayed routinely and All
governments are Corrupt and sold-out entities, from whom you will hear NO TRUTH.
Aluminium Oxides gradually strangle the ability of plant growth (probably excepting
genetically modified plants) and of course the sun is vital to the health of all life.
With Respect.
edit on 10-6-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djcarlosa
first let me say great find by the op and it certainly makes the debunkers jobs alot harder now .

How so? It makes it much easier - because it demonstrates that chemtrail believers really don't have a clue what they're on about!

Maybe the OP any others should read up on the subject first next time? Try wikipedia for example. Or even my blog, where over the years you'll find several references to stratospheric spraying and other geoengineering ideas.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

perhaps you would like to comment on the rest of that post personally when i see Second, some—albeit very small scale—geoengineering testing is already underway speaks volumes.
after all what do you think they mean by being tested on a small scale?
Doesn't sound like a lab test to me what do you think?
edit on 10-6-2011 by djcarlosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Speaking of MY skyline here in Lake Tahoe.

There has been no evidence of contrails, chemtrails or any "cloud seeding" for the last 3 days.

OR airplane patterns flying over the Lake to other destinations. (They probably rerouted)

The sky is Blue again... 3 days in a row now.. SUPURB!!!

We're talking PERFECT!!!

So..I'm pretty sure the Airlines will reroute over the Lake again sometime soon...spewing that Contrail mist and covering the sky..in a total blanket over a period of 4-6 hours..and then..re contrailing me by flight pattern.

Looking out across 75miles in all directions and seeing only blue sky's with no contrails can only mean
one thing...when it starts again.. just the old flight pattern reinstated.

Got It!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Quick note THREE planes are flying in different directions!!!

I THINK I see a contrail behind them...WAIT!!

The moisture is dissipitating right behind them! It's evaperating.!!

No long trail that goes all the way across the sky.

Must be a different kind of jet.

Cool..
I'm sure the word Geoenginnering was created by kooks trying to blame Govenment for anything they can.

I know the word sarcasm has my name next to it in the dictionary.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
DAMNIT!, I thought we were going to get a 3 month break in the chemmie fantasy stories.
You people should be arrested for False Advertising!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by bsbray11

The military is testing geoengineering schemes? Why?

Seriously ? YOU can't see why the military would want to control the weather? They want to control everything they can get their hands on. For national security don't ya know.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by djcarlosa

I think small scale testing means exactly what it sounds like - small scale testing.

However, no such testing has yet to my knowledge been undertaken with regards spraying aerosols into the atmosphere, indeed I suspect it would be very difficult (impossible even?) to conduct such a test. I believe the reference in the OP is probably to the experiments in seeding the oceans with iron filings. Which didn't produce quite the expected results.

www.sciencedaily.com...

But that's why we'd carry out such small scale testing before embarking on any massively expensive global operation.

Current objections and problems with the stratospheric sulphate suggestion have been found without the need for actual physical testing:

ie: www.sciencedaily.com...

see also www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 10-6-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Over 70 countries have signed a treaty to prohibit militarized use of weather modifications, over 190 countries have signed off an agreement to ban geoengineering until further study has been carried out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there would be a few annoyed countries if someone broke this treaty....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

But geoengineering schemes aren't about the weather
How will an algal bloom make it rain on your enemies tanks? Think about it!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

As I said, there is little evidence that individual solar cycles have much of an effect on warming and the evidence that is there is well contested.
reply to post by Phage

And where do you get this information? I say, "it is common sense". Come on now...stop already with the "Sun does not effect us" already!

I mean....do you really believe this^^^^? If so, I say to you... Wake up!

The solar cycle, or the solar magnetic activity cycle, is a periodic change in the amount of irradiation from the sun that is experienced on Earth. It has a period of about 11 years, and is one component of solar variation, the other being aperiodic fluctuations. Solar variation causes changes in space weather and to some degree weather and climate on Earth. The cycle is observed by counting the frequency and placement of sunspots visible on the Sun. Powered by a hydromagnetic dynamo process, driven by the inductive action of internal solar flows, the solar cycle: Structures the Sun's atmosphere, its corona and the wind; Modulates the solar irradiance; Modulates the flux of short-wavelength solar radiation, from ultraviolet to X-ray; Modulates the occurrence frequency of solar flares, coronal mass ejections, and other geoeffective solar eruptive phenomena; Indirectly modulates the flux of high-energy galactic cosmic rays entering the solar system.

All the planets are warming....the Suns magnetic field ? Maybe.

Also, do you not agree that our magnetic field has weakened to a point whereas it will cause even more climate changes from our Sun? I believe so.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Maybe they know something we don't.?? Why such interest to manipulate, if not....just a thought.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Second, some—albeit very small scale—geoengineering testing is already underway. Third, we may need geoengineering as a “Plan B” if, in the event of the failure of “Plan A”—the reduction of greenhouse gases.
that says to me that they are talking about testing of plan B now in case plan A fails.

both plans will fail because the route cause has nothing to do with the green house effect which is why most country's are not taking carbon reduction seriously but it dose give a great cover story of why the weather is playing up.
the problem is below our feet and there is nothing we can do about it we lack the technology to solve the problem and its only going to get worst there is a reason why the experiment you mentioned did not work the oceans are heating up and what we are seeing now is but the tip of the iceberg [pardon the pun].

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

All but 2 of the planets in our solar system show signs of global warming this is true but you should look into how much each planet has warmed by the results are the opposite of what you would expect if the sun was the route cause ie the 2 planets closest to the sun mercury and Venus are showing no signs of global warming where as Pluto has shown the highest temp rise.It should also be noted that the sun is rather sleepy in regards to solar activity.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
More means and motives validating chemtrails as a reality.

www.publications.parliament.uk...

That is a really interesting document, and I highly recommend you read it, as it contains a detailed discussion of the various ways we might approach geoengineering in the future.

It does not, however, contain "means and motives validating chemtrails as a reality". In fact it's very very clearly laid out that there's no SRM geoengineering being done at all. And much of the document is about IF it is to be done, then how it will be regulated. They also discuss the scale of the tests:

Page 74-75

Dr Blackstock: I would quickly respond to Professor Keith’s point and say I agree with most of what he has just said. The issue that I am trying to raise is the question of how the politics play out. As he pointed out, Russia has begun doing subscale field tests, and they are extremely subscale, at a point where there will clearly be no transboundary impact. While I would agree that we want to progress our science— and we will need to do some of this subscale testing to understand the feasibility of some of these technologies—we want some international mechanism, some mechanism of legitimacy, for defining what subscale actually means to begin with, and then, before we start pushing the boundaries of what questionability of subscale, that is, I believe, where we really need to have, not just scientific, but political agreement. As Professor Keith raised before, the international grouping of national academies could be the right body for being able to make a declared statement of a subscale test being actually subscale, but there will be cases where the politics will overrun that and individual scientists, and particularly nation states supportive of subscale testing, need to be very aware of the political issues it can raise and be proactive.

It seems very clear from this document that the international community is very aware of the issue of potential geoengineering, and they have discussed it quite openly. It also makes it clear that the US and the UK have not even got to the stage of subscale testing in SRM.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Take a moment to read the caption and absorb the diagram

On the contrary, I would suggest that you "please take a moment and re-read" my earlier comment and "absorb" it's content:

Where would you expect to hear about politicians discussing illegal spraying of toxic chemicals on an unsuspecting population? In the MSM?

You claim this comment of mine speak about government secrecy, then you try to suggest I contradicted myself by posting a publicly available government document as evidence of chemtrails.

So, in response to your latest comment:

I can't help but read between the lines, I know what you're trying to suggest.

...Maybe this is your problem. Perhaps you have erroneously believed yourself to be the Amazing Kreskin with the ability to read my mind and "know" what I'm trying to suggest. Perhaps you should not be "reading between the lines," because in this case, you have clearly been mistaken. Once again, I will point out that the above comment states nothing about government secrecy and only addresses the likelihood that the MSM would not report discussions by politicians that implied chemtrail spraying over an unsuspecting population.

And again, I would like you to specify where I have stated the T.A.P. proposal is "evidence" of chemtrails? A document that outlines a proposal is not "evidence" of something occurring, but it has the potential to show a correlation between what is being "proposed" and what is being witnessed at the current time. It is a document that anyone researching the chemtrail issues should take a look at.

Also, an aerosol is any particle suspended in the air. When you breathe out, you make aerosols. Dust is an aerosol. Salt spray from the ocean is an aerosol.

Thank you for that (very unnecessary) dissertation explaining what aerosols are. Too bad you couldn't have made a guest appearance on "Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood" to explain the definition of aerosols to his young audience while he was alive.

Look, It's ok to admit when you're wrong, I've lost count how many times I've admitted my mistakes. So come on, act like an adult and admit you're wrong so we can both move on.

And there it is....the staple remark one would expect from someone who's manipulation techniques have been exposed for what they are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join