It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Admits Plans to Inject Aerosols into Stratosphere

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

And here they are openly talking about injecting aerosols into the stratosphere to reflect sunlight in an effort to manipulate climate, and admitting that testing of such techniques is already underway, "albeit very small scale," whatever "small scale" means to a politician.

So-called "geo-engineering" studies have gone on for years.

Small-scale tests have been the subject of TV series produced by the History Channel, NatGeo, and others. These studies were conducted by independent researchers and entrepreneurs, NOT "the military" or "the government"; such vague references are security blankets for the fearful and their evangelists.

These tests have included:

Spraying aerosols from ships to reduce solar radiation. Failed to produce meaningful results and introduced tons of carbon into the environment.

Chemical sequestration of CO2 via apparatus that "washes" ambient air in large volumes to remove CO2. Failed to produce meaningful results and introduced tons of carbon into the environment.

Aerial seeding of mangrove cuttings into coastal locations to increase density of CO2-removing environments. Failed to produce meaningful results and introduced tons of carbon into the environment.

"Seeding" of seawater with iron oxides to enhance carbon fixation. Failed to produce meaningful results and introduced tons of carbon into the environment.

"Chemtrail" faithful take vague talk of potential "remedies" to assumed anthropological global warming as "confirmation" of their fears and suspicions without even perfunctory analysis of what is proposed and what has already been attempted.

This does not bootstrap your beliefs into "facts," it reveals your paranoia and inability to conduct rational research.

deny ignorance
jw

edit on 10-6-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
not good..?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Nice, posting more nonsense that you have forced into your definition of 'chemtrailing'. I can see you don't know the difference between theory and practice by the image you kept spamming threads with as 'proof' (with other geo-engineering proposals).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

No, they aren't. From dic.com:

The slight differences in the definitions of "proposal" and "plan" are irrelevant.

When it suits you!!

As history has shown, the government does as it pleases, regardless of what the population thinks.

Always? I think here are numerous examples of governments backing down on programmes and failing to be re-elected when they ignore popular will.

So I'm going with "What stupid generalisation will a chemmie come up with so he can ignore reality this time for 20 please"

They have given us no reason to believe they wouldn't implement "proposals" or "plans" such as these absent our knowledge or consent, especially if there were "unknowns" about the health risks or if the activity in question furthered some unknown agenda of theirs.

And you have given us no evidence that chemtrails exist beyond paranoid assertion, fearmongering and bad science.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

No, they aren't. From dic.com:

The slight differences in the definitions of "proposal" and "plan" are irrelevant.

When it suits you!!

"Plan" and "proposal" are synonyms. Please consult a thesaurus.

I can't believe you are still arguing a moot semantic point. You want to change the word "plan" in the OP to "proposal." Wow, what an awesome "debunking." Total proof right there.

Here's a link to a thesaurus for your convenience: thesaurus.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
So-called "geo-engineering" studies have gone on for years.

Small-scale tests have been the subject of TV series produced by the History Channel, NatGeo, and others. These studies were conducted by independent researchers and entrepreneurs, NOT "the military" or "the government"; such vague references are security blankets for the fearful and their evangelists.

Right, like you are going to prove now that the military has never experimented with these things.

Like I said earlier, the military application of this technology is too obvious and the PDF linked even discusses the impact this technology would have on international relations, if it was all out in the open. You just want to pretend that the military sits around with their thumbs up their asses while civilian scientists spend decades wondering about these things. Again, when they would have obvious military applications.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The question that it comes down to is whether or not you believe the military is just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses when it would be too easy for them to go up testing this stuff already themselves. After recent admissions of the way they went up and dumped biological and chemical agents on people to see what the effects would be (including making a bunch of people sick in California at least), why in the hell do you think they wouldn't do it?

Exactly why the chemtrail deniers have a problem from the start. They maintain that the government says it's only in the research stages of aerosol spraying such as we see in the T.A.P. proposal, and that this should be considered some sort of "evidence" to support their claim that no such operations have been implemented. They push the theory, "The government has said it's not happening yet, so therefore, chemtrails are a myth,"

Exactly, these trolls are just taking the government at face value and pretending that this is somehow logical.

Again, these are the same kinds of people who said "I am not a crook," "I did not have sex with that woman," "We know where the WMDs are in Iraq," "Read my lips: no new taxes," etc. etc. etc.

And what about the military? How many times have they declassified information that was previously classified? Dumping chemicals from planes and making people sick, denying new aircraft technology and then turning around and announcing its existence. The only people who don't think that the military lies, are the people who have never read Sun Tzu's Art of War. Actually you don't even have to read that, you only have to have common sense about it. Lies and deception go hand-in-hand with murder and warfare.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

As apposed to the trolls who post something up, get shown it's completely wrong and aren't big enough to admit their mistakes.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
As apposed to the trolls who post something up, get shown it's completely wrong and aren't big enough to admit their mistakes.

Would you care to elaborate on what exactly you are talking about?

Don't tell me you're objecting because you want to replace the word "plan" with "proposal" too. If that's the case then did you see the thesaurus link above? How about this: do you know what a "synonym" is?

Actually you know what, you're obviously incorrect because you used the word wrong instead of incorrect, and they obviously mean completely different things.

And you think I'm trolling?

edit on 10-6-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Talking about the person you replied to.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just another example of Human Scientists working for the Good of Mankind....

I remember a TV show in the 1990s about the US Atomic Tests......

If I remember correctly, the US conducted something like 1500 !!! Atmospheric Atomic bomb detonations.

Not to mention the US and French blowing the Sh*^er out of various Pacific "Atolls".

All for the Good of Mankind, you must understand!!!!

Naturally, this has'nt affected our environment or climate one Iota.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

The US has conducted 1030 nuclear detonation tests, 215 of which were atmospheric. The Soviets did similar.

www.nrdc.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11How many times have they declassified information that was previously classified?

Tens of thousands of times, since they are required to do so by law.

Everyone knows the government has secrets. It is both expected and generally accepted.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Talking about the person you replied to.

My bad man. I actually did make an effort to go back and figure out what you were originally arguing about in this thread, but the "arguments" being proposed against the OP were so convoluted right off the bat....

adeclerk is still trying to bash the OP over the use of the word "plan" instead of "proposal," when they are synonyms.

And speaking of trolling, there is a certain person here who kept bringing up the irrelevant argument that maybe cats are really robot cats and we can't tell the difference. Well what do you know, now there's a brand new member here named "RobotCat."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks for confirming the number.

1030 is still 1030 too many!!!

Not to mention the Russians, Chinese, French, English, Indian, Korean, Iranian,....anyone else I forgot??

All for the Good of Mankind tho......Dont forget...

(Just "stuff" the rest of Life on Earth)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
there is a certain person here who kept bringing up the irrelevant argument that maybe cats are really robot cats and we can't tell the difference.

That was me. I brought it up because you seemed to be arguing that maybe some contrails were chemtrails, and we can't tell the difference.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
They have been talking about doing this for at least a decade.. Talking doesn't equal doing, nor does this prove any of the silly theories about chem trails.

What's "silly" about it when it's already being explained to politicians and they have admitted testing has already been going on in these regards?

They've admitted small scale testing of some geoeingeering proposals. Not stratospheric spraying - which wouldn't work anyway since we cannot isolate sections of the atmopshere. We have to rely on models to determine how effective such an operation might be. And based on current proposals, the models are not convincing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

And speaking of trolling, there is a certain person here who kept bringing up the irrelevant argument that maybe cats are really robot cats and we can't tell the difference. Well what do you know, now there's a brand new member here named "RobotCat."

I see that you are not particularly strong in your convictions sometimes are you? Whilst making insinuations on public forums (quote above) you save your scurrilous accusations for private messages (below).

from: bsbray11 sent: 11-6-2011 at 12:41 Not sure how much more blatant you can be in making a socket puppet account. Yeah, let's go make sock puppet accounts whose names reference the stupid memes we've been posting about.

Guess what, you are completely wrong, I am not a "sock puppet".
In my first post after joining I made it perfectly clear that I had borrowed Uncinus's analogy as my username. I decided to use it as a user name because I like cats, I'm full of metal and I liked the analogy.

Now you can check that indeed I am not who you claim I am by making a formal complaint to the MODS because I'm sure that having multiple accounts is against forum etiquette and they will find that my IP addresses (I have posted from two computers, at home and at work (I can 'cause I'm the boss)) and they will confirm that they don't match any other posters here.
My IP addresses will also show that, yes, I am posting from Wellington, New Zealand.

Why did I join?
I joined because I used to be commercial pilot who lost his medical because of a motorcycle accident who is still passionate about aviation and I am offended by by the uninformed BS put about by chemtrail junkies about the aviation industry.

Now, am I going to get an admission you are wrong (I don't think you will stretch to an apology) or am I going to have to put up with your usual obfuscation?

edit on 11-6-2011 by RobotCat because: added missing question mark.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If WE dont find a way to make this criminals legaly accountable for their crimes, we will end up with a totaly messed up atmosphere. Who are they to believe, they can just change the compostion of OUR atmosphere at will ???

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

That is one of the reasons such spraying operations have not been allowed. What right has Mexico to change the atmosphere over Burkina Faso?

I doubt we'd ever go down that line (there are too many other problems) but it would probably require 100% agreement of all UN nations before anyone could start it. I don't see that happening.

Of course, other geoengineering suggestions do not have quite such problems.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join