It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans ask U.S. not to seek death penalty in Cole bombing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
What really needs to happen in the US is to make so damn money out of the Death penalty to make it seem more appropriate.

Now, If it were streamed live or had its own Pay-per-View then the Death Penalty would be something to look forward to.

After all, why not see how a man is put to death.

Each state can cut taxes by 3 - 5 % if they sign up to Death Penalty TV.

The ratings would go through the roof.

IF you think about it carefully. People actually tune in to watch the Men's Ice hockey on TV and pay to go see it. How crap is that? Its mind numbingly boring as a game and dull as dirt.

So can you imagine what DEATH PENALTY TV could do for each state. You could have interstate competitions. Start records for the quickest death or the slowest death. Set a time limit and if you are still alive after that they stop the process and set you free.

Sound like a winner to me.

I hope you're being satirical!
Vicky

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is a Christian nation...

...of course we're going to seek the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
This is a Christian nation...

...of course we're going to seek the death penalty.

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad... (The biggest Christian denomination, some say it's the original) is adamantly opposed to the death penalty.
V

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I also disagree with the death penalty. I think it is never ok to kill another person, I don't care how vile their crime is. To want the death penalty is not justice and it is not an effective deterrent to others. I was a criminal justice major back in my college days so I know about the studies to support that statement. True, you may not be able to rehabilitate the person, at least not today, but who knows, maybe in 10 years we will find a way. As far as the European opinion goes, to spare the life of one person could go a long way in helping our relations with them, not to mention help improve our image in the world community.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Vicky32

yeah all sailors think they will be killed in a friendly port of call.

I'm sure Bin Laden didn't think he would die in his home either...but there you go it happened. Consider the suicide bombes the special forces and it's no different to anything we do... So whilst yes he should be considered the enemy and imprisoned.

Saying he deserves the death penalty is no different to saying people in our military do for planning and taking part in special ops missions. Or is the West 'so big and mighty and always right with God on our side that our guys don't deserve it because damn it they were right!!' [/sarcasm]

Don't get me wrong I am in no way on the side of terrorists or suicide bombers and I don't agree with their tactics, but I'm sure they don't agree with the way we get tanks and they don't life just isn't that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join