It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans ask U.S. not to seek death penalty in Cole bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Gaddafi kids were not killed by USAF warplane because the US stop the air role it's in April 4th if you don't mind as it was already given to NATO.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

ya, like we really want your oil, i mean frodo's, i mean kiwi's, regime change, wmd's or even go there for a vacation

to spend our money.

don't like our policies? change your own government, easy as that.

like all the rest of you peoples, MAKE your government stop doing biz with us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by Vicky32

Gaddafi kids were not killed by USAF warplane because the US stop the air role it's in April 4th if you don't mind as it was already given to NATO.

Oh yeah, sure... I believe that! Really, no one would dare do a thng like that if the Americans didn't either approve or order it..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Vicky32

ya, like we really want your oil, i mean frodo's, i mean kiwi's, regime change, wmd's or even go there for a vacation

to spend our money.

don't like our policies? change your own government, easy as that.

like all the rest of you peoples, MAKE your government stop doing biz with us.

Working on it! (We have elections in November).
V

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

sorry but that what kills me about america bashers, not you, just in general.

their govs are in with the us almost everyone!

i know it's hard to change it, hard for us to change too.

but as voting countries, we have some kind of chance.

imagine bush or obama for 30yrs! just expand it to other countries!

it's not fool proof but there is a chance.

edit on 10-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
hang em
shoot em
stick a needle in his eye

those sailors had no clue of what was about to occur wake one day goto work and bam your dead.

murder death kill

and may allah have mercy on his soul

i support the death penality since it happened to americans in a port of call

europeans have no say in the matter.

true,but the more people you murder the less we are likely to extradite....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

you are just messing with words, america calls many of the shots at nato....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
hang em
shoot em
stick a needle in his eye

those sailors had no clue of what was about to occur wake one day goto work and bam your dead.

murder death kill

and may allah have mercy on his soul

i support the death penality since it happened to americans in a port of call

europeans have no say in the matter.

Just curious, would you also support an Afghan family that seeks revenge over the killing of an innocent relative? Let's say a US soldier kills an Afghan civilian whom turns out to be innocent and had no malicious intentions. Yet, he was killed by US troops and as a consequence, his brother seeks to kill the perpetrator. Considering that you support the death penalty for an attack that killed innocent people, I assume you don't discriminate between nationalities, now do you?

edit on 10-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

reply to post by Vicky32

you are just messing with words, america calls many of the shots at nato....

Oh really? What about when Britain and France pushed for this war and the US taking a back step? BTW what does this topic had to do with this? stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

My friend, usually my friend, Did Americans tell what Britain and France what do to since they wanted this war in the 1st place and not us???

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

My friend, usually my friend, Did Americans tell what Britain and France what do to since they wanted this war in the 1st place and not us???

It's hard to tell, but yeah, probably...
V

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, what good has the death penalty in America done? Apart from kill a captured, guilty-convicted (hopefully) criminal?

It hasn't deterred violence or crime, has it? Over the years, as murder and other death penalty related offenses dropped? Doesn't seem like it to me. In fact, it seems to be getting worse.

I mean, people in the US states that enforce a death penalty STILL shoot and rob other people. So regardless of whether there's a threat of death should someone be caught and convicted, people *still* do wrong.

Personally, I don't see the point in the death penalty - people still do what they do...

edit on 10-6-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
As for the Europeans opinion on it - sure, they have no influence in what the Yanks want to do.

But give it a thought. Europe has had a very long and often very violent and bloody history. Far longer than anything America has ever endured. And if they can have a compassionate opinion on someone's fate, given what they've been through, maybe it's something for the US to think about.

Just saying, is all.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I agree with you. Here in California, so much trillions of dollars spent on people convicted on death rows and the death penalty here was rarely used. Due to the war on drugs, so much prison population was filled because of this. I believe that legalizing Hemp would solve this. As for Heroin and Cocaine, i'm not sure because these are the stuffs that actually kills you.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by noonebutme

I agree with you. Here in California, so much trillions of dollars spent on people convicted on death rows and the death penalty here was rarely used. Due to the war on drugs, so much prison population was filled because of this. I believe that legalizing Hemp would solve this. As for Heroin and Cocaine, i'm not sure because these are the stuffs that actually kills you.

pure heroin is one of the safest drugs you can put in your body. It is very addictivebut compared to what the like of smoking and drinking do to your body it is childs play

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Paranoid? Why not ask a Mod if I spoke to anyone or reported you and see what your answer is? The removal of your words was done my MirthfulMe I see.... u2u works.He definitely has my permission to tell you what I have and have not done. Maybe you will learn something about owning your words and making paranoid assumptions by asking him.
Believe it or not, civility and decorum is actually enforceable here.No, I did not say anything to a mod that would get you banned.. in fact, you have accomplished that with your own behavior. People arent picking on you. Accept a little responsibility for your own behavior and words when you disregard TOS since this is not the only time you have either wished harm, bashed, trolled politically, threatened or personally trolled a poster that hasnt even addressed you, but has simply commented on a thread. As far as Im concerned you can say whatever you want, and accept the consequences since you agreed to TOS when you signed up here.
Vicky, I do admire your passion on subjects, but I will never admire your lack of civility or prejudice/hatred of any other nation and even the peoples of those nations other than your own. You are right along side of the "Jew haters" and " black haters" here. I am not only a US American, Im full blooded Blackfeet, so you can add my brownish-redness to things to hate about me. All one has to do is replace a race or religion with "American" in your posts and you sound the same. This dirty American has been all over the world ( living in and visiting other nations) and I see we are ALL in this together as a world population... we citizens who are at the mercy of our corrupt governments. And I believe fully that every govt in this age, including your own, is corrupt and cares little for you as a human being. Just as I will not judge an Iranian or an Iraqi for the actions of their govts, you should consider that being a citizen of a country that is corrupt does not mean we all agree with or support the actions. Some of us actively work against it and have for decades. In the past you have even wished harm on American children that you claim to have seen in your country and this is astonishing to me. If you are being "threatened" with banning, rather than blaming others maybe look at your own words and own them.

On topic : Id love to know who they intend to put to death since it was not just one person. IMO this is more BS by my govt and more playing the "good guy" by European govts that were completely on board with the absurd things we have done... in the past and present. I really couldnt care less what "Europe" says as they have as much blood on their hands in all of this as my own Govt. The US did not just come up with this ridiculous "war on terror" all on its own. As another poster said, the death penalty does not deter this sort of thing from happening again, but I dont think thats the point. Its not a method to deter, its a punishment. But, I ask.. who is this punishment being meted out on and what evidence is there? Im absolutely positive we will never get the whole truth on it. I do not trust my government nor do I trust them to make sound decisions concerning my own life, much less others from other countries. If they knew who bombed Cole, wasnt it the flavor of the day to call the country they were sponsored by a terrorist state and take it from there? IMO its all ridiculous posturing by us and the Europeans to fool people into thinking they all arent on the same page concerning the domination of the Middle East. Fortunately for us they let the cat out of the bag concerning Libya and who all drives this nonsense.. the UN. America cant even balance her own checkbook, yet we are the "empire" forcing the world to do our bidding? Laughable.. and only the very young or the deluded would think such a thing given our history and the reality of the international cabal that is obviously no longer hidden.We are no more than the dog of war on a leash.I intend to do my part in cutting that leash and biting the one who holds it.
Funny that rather than coming together in disapproval of each of our own Govts actions we insist on bashing eachother. Yay for playing right into what they want. Stay divided so nothing ever changes in our WORLD. Love your nation, but for Gods sake grow up and think outside of your invisible borders.

War on drugs? Ridiculous thing. It didnt start out a great idea and become corrupt, it was corrupt BS at its inception wrapped in rhetoric and glittery packaging. Im old, anti-drug, never even smoked in college and dont even drink now.. even I can see the absurdity of it with my old fashioned thinking
IMO everything should be legal. Legalize heroin to marijuana. I dont even like the idea that we are told by a corrupt govt what we can and can not put into our own bodies. Wasnt too long ago we had over the counter preps containing coc aine and heroin.. and it worked better than this toxic waste we use today for pain control. Addicts and addictive personalities will seek their addiction regardless of legality and those who are not... will not. There will be no more addicts that there are now in the end if they legalize it. Im tired of being treated like I can not make my own decisions for my own body and every one of you should resent it as well regardless of country of origin. Its also a money pit.. which I figure everyone knows.. channeling money for less than savory government actions. False incarcerations of non-violent criminals and people trying to self medicate rather than dealers of it all. Ruining peoples lives and futures for some pot is NOT my idea of the American way. I worked as an RN in an ER for a decade and I have NEVER seen marijuana or heroin cause the devastation that our LEGAL alcohol has. In fact, nothing we have done since Reagan ( maybe Lincoln in all reality) has been the "American Way".

Anyway, bash away. I have a garden to tend so Im not forced to eat franken-veggies.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Believe it or not, civility and decorum is actually enforceable here.

Oh no, not as far as I can see! (Or if it is, it's enforced extremely selectively... Atheists abuse and insult Muslims and Christians with impunity. Americans wish that death be rained from the skies on other countries, and they cannot be rebuked for this (I've tried!), or they even make death threats against named individuals. That's fine with ATS. I wish karma on those who wish death - that's what they want will be visited on them, and I get labelled "antie-Merkin" and threatened with banning. Newsflash. I am not an American so it's not incumbent upon me to be pro-American, and McCarthy's not in power any more.

Originally posted by Advantage In the past you have even wished harm on American children that you claim to have seen in your country and this is astonishing to me.

It's astonishing to me, too! What the heck are you talking about? I would never wish death on children. Either you have got me mixed up with someone else (quite likely) or you're simply making # up...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What really needs to happen in the US is to make so damn money out of the Death penalty to make it seem more appropriate.

Now, If it were streamed live or had its own Pay-per-View then the Death Penalty would be something to look forward to.

After all, why not see how a man is put to death.

Each state can cut taxes by 3 - 5 % if they sign up to Death Penalty TV.

The ratings would go through the roof.

IF you think about it carefully. People actually tune in to watch the Men's Ice hockey on TV and pay to go see it. How crap is that? Its mind numbingly boring as a game and dull as dirt.

So can you imagine what DEATH PENALTY TV could do for each state. You could have interstate competitions. Start records for the quickest death or the slowest death. Set a time limit and if you are still alive after that they stop the process and set you free.

Sound like a winner to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
We caught him we will kill him and all the Jihadists we can.We don't want to but they are a threat.I'm not going to pay the price of our illegal covert operations by laying down to die in the name of moderate beliefs.
Perhaps we should covertly deport them overseas so European people will learn why they should be killed the hard way.
If you don't like it then get them off our backs,which of course would then make YOU the police of the world instead of us.
No power, no chance,great..we'll just do what it is we do.
None of us actually know all about the covert activities if the world so I ain't paying for it.
I 'm not bitching about the Crusades am I? The inquisition was a nasty affair who should pay for those attrocities?
I will say I do think once known we are being lied to by slimy nasty people who have orchestrated far more deaths than Nazis.
Some most likely ARE Nazis.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

any proof that Heroin is safe? If you take it too much, it killed you. I think with Hemp, you get mostly dizzy or something.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join