It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Theist.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote (on your intention to end this thread on your part).

[" I already tried to end it:"]

And then you got smoked out. Just like me wanting to have the last word.

Quote: ["Again, thanks for participating!"]

You guys constantly play drama-queens. What about some facts instead.

Aright, you got me there.

Here's a factoid:

The Washington monument is 555 feet and 5 1/8 inches tall.

Star for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

In the last 10 of your posts that can be found on your user profile (with timestamps similar to this post) show that you have suddenly changed your position and are now complimenting arguments that you once ridiculed and cast away.

So is it just facetiousness, or are you being genuine?

I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just a Christian.

We're retardeds.

But you will get a star for your investigative efforts, Bravo!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I left atheism and Evolution, I've been a Theist and born-again for less than a decade. Do I really need to go back to my former beliefs to re-evaluate my current beliefs?

That sounds, what's the word.. retarded.

I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just a Christian
We're retardeds.

Cool story, bro!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Cool story, bro!

Wait, are we stoopid or not?

I'm confused now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote (on your intention to end this thread on your part).

[" I already tried to end it:"]

And then you got smoked out. Just like me wanting to have the last word.

Quote: ["Again, thanks for participating!"]

You guys constantly play drama-queens. What about some facts instead.

Aright, you got me there.

Here's a factoid:

The Washington monument is 555 feet and 5 1/8 inches tall.

Star for you!

You authored the thread, giving you a 'ring-master' position on topic. The above is topic-relevant or just untalented sarcasm?

Remember this, when you next time yell for forum rules.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Remember this, when you next time yell for forum rules.

Another fact for you:

Tennessee joined the union on : June 1, 1796

Star for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes, there are christians who are idiots. There are atheists who are idiots, and the same can be said of every group of people.

Every belief system can argue their point in a convincing manner, backing up their statements with their religious texts. Does it mean they are all true? Nope. So are any of them true? I don't know.

Their are good representatives and bad representatives in all groups of people. So that being the case, how do we settle our differences and live peacefully with each other?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Yes, there are christians who are idiots. There are atheists who are idiots, and the same can be said of every group of people.

Well said. Assuming the position of "Atheism" or "Theism" doesn't automatically grant you intelligence, or knowledge.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We can all agree about the Christian idiots, but you're going to have to show some evidence of an atheist idiot. I've never met one. I call b.s., they don't exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well said. Assuming the position of "Atheism" or "Theism" doesn't automatically grant you intelligence, or knowledge.

Come on man, yeah it does. You have to be a complete retard to believe in Jesus or Noah's flood.

Everyone knows that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We can all agree about the Christian idiots, but you're going to have to show some evidence of an atheist idiot. I've never met one. I call b.s., they don't exist.

Must... not... reveal...

Ahem.

But if they find one, will you admit defeat? And I demand proof that the atheism was NOT the cause of the idiocy.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Must... not... reveal...

Ahem.

But if they find one, will you admit defeat? And I demand proof that the atheism was NOT the cause of the idiocy.

I'd need proof of more than one. If they find one how do we know if that person wasn't raised Christian? That would make them an idiot before they embraced Atheism.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'd need proof of more than one. If they find one how do we know if that person wasn't raised Christian? That would make them an idiot before they embraced Atheism.

True... because "the exception proves the rule", right? Yet surely there will be some signs of evolving intelligence in one who has emerged from the primordial soup of theism and stood on the hind legs of reason.
edit on 11-6-2011 by SaberTruth because: changed 'arisen' to 'emerged'

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

True... because "the exception proves the rule", right? Yet surely there will be some signs of evolving intelligence in one who has arisen from the primordial soup of theism and stood on the hind legs of reason.

The exception only proves the rule in regards to Christians, there is always a Theistic asterisk involved with all laws of logic.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The exception only proves the rule in regards to Christians, there is always a Theistic asterisk involved with all laws of logic.

Ah, yes of course. An anti-Christian's Pomeranian is a Christian's pit bull.

Why do I now have this vision of Capt. Kirk saying to Khan, "I'm laughing at the superior intellect"?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

I'm only learning. That's all we can try to do at this point.

I do have to take frequent breaks though.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Every belief system can argue their point in a convincing manner, backing up their statements with their religious texts. Does it mean they are all true? Nope. So are any of them true? I don't know.

Their are good representatives and bad representatives in all groups of people. So that being the case, how do we settle our differences and live peacefully with each other?

The last question first. The answer: Democracy. It's not an ultimate, absolute 'truth', it's just a lessening of suffering in general (let the 'original sin' flagellants flagellate themselves).

Eventually it's a question of consensus pragmatism vs. 'for-your-own-good' abrahamic fascism or similar 'ubermensch' philosophies.

In the democratic model ideological 'idiocy' is just one of many personal inclinations, like collecting stamps or getting drunk and unruly in connection with football.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Come on man, yeah it does. You have to be a complete retard to believe in Jesus or Noah's flood.

Everyone knows that.

Nope. You have to be a complete idiot to force the idea on other people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Must... not... reveal...

Ahem.

That means, that you FINALLY agree to take up an open debate?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm only learning. That's all we can try to do at this point.

I do have to take frequent breaks though.

Take your time. Evolution is slow you know... except when it's fast, according to Gould.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join