It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Comet Elenin, Worst to Come From Comet Elenin in October This Year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is not a doomsday thread, i'm not even going to claim that i have expertise in the feild to know if Comet Elenin could effect us despite how close it is expected to come.

Let's begin, here are two images of the proposed path of the Comet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/414908a0ec64.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd5d4db8c712.jpg[/atsimg]

Based on these, which might be accurate enough or not (not my expert subject, which is kind of why i'm sharing here on ATS in this method) it looks as if around mid October of this year would be when the comet would be inbetween our planet Earth and the Sun, thus projecting the tail end of the comet (and whatever celestial winds, debris and heat) directly at us at that point.

Are there any other remarks on these paths and those statements of mine from members here?

edit on 6/8/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

this is kinda off topic but sorta isn't

okay I believe I heard maybe about two years on cnn that if in the event that there was a comet behind the sun we would never see it because we haven't been able to send a sate. to view it SO......everybody is showing these youtube vid. of two suns now pleasantly renamed elenin instead of nibiru. we already know that "elenin" is part of a cause for atmospheric and geological ananomolies. I also think it is that thing haarp. but as far as impact i don't think so.I just believe we need to hang tight its gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes

well... i mean, we spin around the sun too. so if something was on the opposite end of the sun as us, within 6 months we'd be on the other end of the sun and able to view it.

also, it is my 'theory' that the current rising heat waves 'could' be attributed to the comet drawing near. only a theory because i'm no expert, however; there are definitely some anomolies in our nature that we are seeing right now. seems like the tectonic(sp?) plates are starting to 'rattle' and temperatures are steadily reaching up (of course in the summer, which the northern hemisphere is currently in the season of, that is normal)

we will see, just wanted to hear from ATS with a clear topic as this thread, thanks for the post

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
comet would be inbetween our planet Earth and the Sun, thus projecting the tail end of the comet (and whatever celestial winds, debris and heat) directly at us at that point.

Two points...
1. The orbit of the comet has a 1.8 degree inclination, so it isnt as "flat" as the simple top view pictures you've shown.
The tail will pass "over" the earth. The earth isnt going through the tail.

2. Comet tails pose no threat to earth. Its happenend many times before, most famously in 1910 when earth went through the tail of Halleys comet. Nobody died.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

that's good to know, any good references for the comet elenin you can lead me in direction of

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Im still trying to locate it on google earth.
so if you find out realtime coordinates messge me

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolveseyes
Im still trying to locate it on google earth.

Google earth isnt realtime. Most images are many years old.

You'll only find the comet with a (large backyard amateur size) telescope,
or by early august a big pair of binoculars
or by late august a small pair of binoculars
or by september, with your eyes in a dark sky.

If you know someone with a telescope, the "coordinates" are here...
link

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

u are wildly awesome.
you get a star

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There is not enough available info for the regular person to draw a definite conclusion. Those with big telescopes should know. What authority figures would you trust. NASA? The US govt.? The President?

What about a clairvoyant? You might have seen the story just recently where a psychic tipped police to bodies buried near Houston. Bad tip. You might be aware of instances where governments lied to their citizens.

If you are a believer you should look at Terral's site, "Humans are Free". If you are open minded this is a good site with a fair number of believers and skeptics.

The govt. could tip their hand by installing more martial law type orders shortly. Also the big investors can buy all kinds of inside info. If you see large market moves in the second week of August, they may have gotten the tip off.

One pastor, pastor Riley has been studying this topic since 2000. He says that it was discovered in 1981 and that in 1983 there was a meeting like Bilderberg, where the big shots all agreed to say nothing.

The pastor is interesting and honest. He studies and then prays for guidance and understanding. But he could still be wrong. Terral is a true believer and is very open minded.

About the third week in August I think we will all know one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.
I've never really notice before, but your diagrams show the comet between us and the sun. Does that mean that we won't be able to view it until it is past us?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
what if this whole Elenin thing is a hoax?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by alfa1

that's good to know, any good references for the comet elenin you can lead me in direction of

There's some good stuff at Rational Wiki on Comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

There is not enough available info for the regular person to draw a definite conclusion. Those with big telescopes should know. What authority figures would you trust. NASA? The US govt.? The President?

What about a clairvoyant? You might have seen the story just recently where a psychic tipped police to bodies buried near Houston. Bad tip. You might be aware of instances where governments lied to their citizens.

If you are a believer you should look at Terral's site, "Humans are Free". If you are open minded this is a good site with a fair number of believers and skeptics.

The govt. could tip their hand by installing more martial law type orders shortly. Also the big investors can buy all kinds of inside info. If you see large market moves in the second week of August, they may have gotten the tip off.

One pastor, pastor Riley has been studying this topic since 2000. He says that it was discovered in 1981 and that in 1983 there was a meeting like Bilderberg, where the big shots all agreed to say nothing.

The pastor is interesting and honest. He studies and then prays for guidance and understanding. But he could still be wrong. Terral is a true believer and is very open minded.

The comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) was only discovered last year. It is small enough, dim enough and distant enough that it was beyond our telescopes before that.

It would have been impossible for someone to have been known of it since 1981.

Perhaps the pastor was talking about something else?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

The comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) was only discovered last year. It is small enough, dim enough and distant enough that it was beyond our telescopes before that.

Stop making fun of me. I am working on my GED. Then I will be somebody.

I always wanted to be somebody.
edit on 8-6-2011 by yourmamaknows because: not done yet

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Sure, unless it isn't a comet, or unless the government has better telescopes or other detection devices than the ones we know about. But it would be highly unlikely that they would hide their capabilities from the public... I'm with the "we don't have enough info" crowd myself, but for the sake of objectivity in our speculations I though I should point out those flaws in your argument or statement or whatever... There are some people who believe "they" would have had near or faster than light speed craft by 1981, so if this is the case, they wouldn't necessarily need a telescope, they could see it passing by on a trip to alpha centauri. The fact is, we just don't know what they have... But I do think they like us to think they are more advanced than they really are. Anyway if this is a dense failed star, they could see its effect on the oort cloud and the outer objects probably before it entered the solar system or possibly Pluto, etc... They don't need to detect it directly to know that something wicked this way comes. Of course this is assuming its not a comet. It's too bad we have to wait so long for confirmation. But we have 3 alignments and 3 eqs right? Haiti, chili, and Japan? Is that right or did I goof that up? The orbit simulators don't seem to work on my phone... Forgive me if I'm wrong on that... I'm gonna research this now, because I think that would be enough confirmation for me.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

We have been through vast numbers of alignments of planets, stars and comets all through history as well as recently. They don't seem to be statistically significant. Also, no-one has yet proposed a scientific "cause of action" (theory of how alignments might actually do stuff in the real world) yet.

Three data points of three supposed alignment/earthquake correlations (out of the thousands of no-shows) hardly makes a compelling dataset.

I have seen several threads on here that point out that the supposed alignments were actually approximate and that when the alignments were even closer, nothing of significance occurred.

Please read the link to Rational Wiki on Comet Elenin that I posted in my first response in this thread. Most of what you were suggesting is, I believe, adequately addressed.

edit on 9/6/2011 by chr0naut because: I just love to edit.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
some interesting videos i found conerning elenin that might fit with the line of thought i'm trying to direct in this thread

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
seismicity paper
this is the paper mentioned, shown and linked to from the video in the last post i put in this thread

it makes some interesting connections between magnitude 6 and greater earthquakes and the position of elenin in relation to other bodies in our solar system.. very interesting, it is in pdf format but you don't have to download anything but because it is pdf ( or for some unknown reason to me ) it won't let me copy paste any of the main points but it's not a dull read so i would suggest anyone interested in the topic to have a look.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join