It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest amazingly beautiful CME

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by borutp

it seems that whenever there is a cme of decent size, there are always several hours of footage missing. i have noticed this several times myself

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow!! The Sun just ejected one massive load. I think this load was held in back when the Sun was blue in color. Back then people on earth would refer to it has the giant blue ball.... all true

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This caught my eye so i thought i'd post it.

Notice this little thing appear right before the CME, slightly indicating it traveling towards the sun:

Then you see the CME begin after:

Interesting to say the least. There have been quite alot of comets popping up on the soho footage lately

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
just beautiful
2nd line

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Very nice, though looks like we only catch a glancing blow from this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Electronics are completely miss-behaving here in Louisiana
I accidentally spoke up and said OH YEAH - that last flare should be reaching earth
I am now labeled as crazy

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What exactly is going to happen? Power was out in an area near me I wonder if it had anything to do with this?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They aren't talking about this on the news at all. The only sources of news about this are on the internet. They said it is a moderate storm what does that mean exactly? If this is such a big solar storm why is no one talking about on the TV news?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
We are lucky because not directly course to Earth but we expect geomagnetic storm today ..

"We don't expect it to be any kind of a real severe one but it could be kind of a moderate level storm."

The Space Weather Prediction Center said the event is "expected to cause G1 (minor) to G2 (moderate) levels of geomagnetic storm activity tomorrow, June 8, beginning around 1800 GMT."

"Any geomagnetic storm activity will likely be over within 12-24 hours."

"The Solar Radiation Storm includes a significant contribution of high energy protons, the first such occurrence of an event of that type since December 2006," the NWS said.

"As many as 12 satellites and spacecraft are monitoring the heliosphere, and one instrument in particular on board NASA's lunar reconnaissance orbiter is measuring radiation and its effects."

Source

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ficargul
That is just staggering! I dont think I've ever seen that much matter ejected, could be wrong and probably am. But that still is really out of this world.

If it does hit us I hope to God that we have clear skies instead of this pissy rain; been a good few years since I last saw the aurora.

I'm right with you on that. I haven't seen it in the midlands since 91.
This thunderstorm overhead today can bugger off!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Also just seen this story on Sky news

Sky News

Looks amazing. Says flights over the north pole will be re routed (are there that many anyway)

Seems a lot of natural things are happening right now, EQ's and alignments and solar flares etc.

All reported seperately but are they related?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thanks! I kind of figured that was what it was representing, Incredible stuff to look at and think about. I'm just ignorant of astrophysics.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

I think they said it was only an S1 solar storm. I'm trying to find the link to that story now, but I remember reading it the day after on spaceweather.com.

An S1 is minor, it has no biological or satellite interference, but can affect HF radio in polar regions. Some experts are saying that the solar storms will increase over the next couple of years though, so we could see more activity soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So if I understand correctly, the solar storm or CME erupted four days ago now, at which point, a volcano in chili began to erupt, followed by another volcano in the phillipines two days ago, and also two days ago, my cell phone service provider suddenly had problems with one of the stations on the westcoast as I have not been able to access my voicemail since tuesday AND my internet has been running really, really slow for the last few days!

Are all of these related incidents? Or just conincidentally happening around the same time? Just curious...
Great thread OP! S+F!
edit on 10-6-2011 by anjl32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join