It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest amazingly beautiful CME

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
EDIT: Due to new helioviewer video of the CME.
Absoultely have not seen anything like this.
One huge filament of mass hurling out of the sun and then crashing back down.
Has this been seen before?

From the M Class flare a little earlier. I posted in the solar watch forum but I had really pretty pictures from helioviewer.org and I wanted y'all to see them. And this is my one big promotion for HELIOVIEWER as it is just amazing to watch the sun do its thing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b677672d8a3f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4f6805fd2f2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b765e17fe9fd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3a9011fd925.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-6-2011 by BornParadox because:I didn't include the helioviewer shout out.

edit on 7-6-2011 by BornParadox because: the other edit reason didn't sound like a proper sentance.

edit on 7-6-2011 by BornParadox because: I found a vid

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Pictures like these are scary, beautiful, awe-inspiring, and thought-provoking. The sheer power is mesmerizing. It's just hard to fathom the size of the CME's, let alone the Sun! Very pretty pictures, thank you for posting them. Also, thanks for the links.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Wow great pictures OP, thanks for uploading them !

link   
And to think there are things in space that are millions of times bigger than our sun. Amazing. S&F

link   
reply to post by BornParadox

Is it heading this way. And when will it arrive. There has been a bit of activity with flares this last week or so. My cell phone has been getting really poor reception. Spends all day looking for a strong signal. Im not on the new XT or 3g network. Anyone else here in NZ having the same probs. If it is these flares, then i dont need to go and get a new phone.
By the way. My phone has been working perfectly before the solar storm that started last week.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Go and watch the play by play on helioviewer. It all started at 06:16:00 on 6/7/2011. I swear that filament probably has a diameter near equal to earth and its five time that in length.

That is a lot of mass.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Wait, are you saying theres been a solar storm, My reception has started getting bad but only in certain areas, when normally its fine, been happening past 2 weeks ?

Flares are interacting with our earths magnetic field ?

Its only a matter of time before the Nutrinos start to heat the earths crust and we get earth crust displacement

Sorry i watched 2012 last night
Good movie though

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The moon has been really dark red the past few days i love it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
We should be hit by this when? I was wondering if anything was going on because yesterday we had so many problems with our internet connection! It was really frustrating.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Amazing pictures and link. Thanks for sharing

I have been trying to find out if this is Earth directed but haven't come across anything yet that mentions this.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What t.. f... is going on with the sun these days?

I wonder why there is no warning posted on the spaceweather site? Helioviewer is not working since yesterday...? Strange

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here is another one of this huge flare-cme...
Notice how the time from the beginning of the blast is missing....jump of cca. 5 hours - missing?

from 02:00 to 07:40 is deleted from soho - Why?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Nice pictures ..

Sun is very active end by more in next days ..
Strong magnetosphere storms in next days(h) especially on 11.06 min. 24 hours long, earthquakes or volcano possibility ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63fdacf795f1.png[/atsimg]

I post on my thread some other pictures end info for that event ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace ..

edit on 7-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It looks like this will hit us arround 11.06.2011 ?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That is just staggering! I dont think I've ever seen that much matter ejected, could be wrong and probably am. But that still is really out of this world.

If it does hit us I hope to God that we have clear skies instead of this pissy rain; been a good few years since I last saw the aurora.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
damn, totally cloudy over here since the weekend, so I can't even get my solar telescope out

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

That is a great graph! I'm not sure what I'm looking at. It would help if you gave a little info on what it is showing. I think I figured it out. It is showing the when the earth will intersect with the solar flare. I know I'm not the brightest bulb on the string though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

Is showing when end how strong or fast CME,s hit Earth magnetosphere, also showing solar wind from coronal holes ..

Yellow dot present Earth, that solar wind from 11.06 is from coronal hole ..

Is periodic time for coronal holes wind, on that graphic also you can see when suddenly CME's appear on Sun end when they hit Earth magnetosphere ..

I hope you can understood, my English is bad end sry for that ..

Peace ..

edit on 7-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BornParadox

Better video, that exists.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

June 7, 2011 - A dramatic eruption from an otherwise unimpressive NOAA Region 1226 earlier today is expected to cause G1 (minor) to G2 (moderate) levels of Geomagnetic Storm activity tomorrow, June 8, beginning around 1800 UTC with the passage of a fast CME. A prompt Solar Radiation Storm reached the S1 (minor) level soon after the impulsive R1 (minor) Radio Blackout at 0641 UTC. The Solar Radiation Storm includes a significant contribution of high energy (>100 MeV) protons, the first such occurrence of an event of that type since December 2006.

swpc.noaa.gov

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join