It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northeren Hurricane Watch 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
2011 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Outlook:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d6fa8a98872.jpg[/atsimg]
Names:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e912083a2793.jpg[/atsimg]

Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, Tropical Depressions, or Tropical Waves can be reported in this thread. Significant or particularly destructive storms can of course also be reported as individual threads.

edit on 7-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Jumped the gun

edit on 7-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: added images

edit on Sat Jul 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
KOOL 1 named after me this year! how much of a storm i gonna cause! im so stoked to c!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
KOOL 1 named after me this year! how much of a storm i gonna cause! im so stoked to c!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. I have a feeling it's going to be a bad year and we are going to continue to see crazy and record breaking storms. I hope I am wrong, but it's been happening all over the world all year long. Everybody stay safe and make sure your prepared for extreme weather.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Here are a few helpful links I've used in the past:
National Hurricane Center Satellite page
Hurricane supply kit
FEMAs hurricane links (yeah, I know we bash them a lot, but there is good info here)
More good info

I would also suggest one read through The Redneck's thread on what can happen and how it can be dealt with.

If you've got a link, please share it. The more prepared we are, the better able we will be to help others.

If it isn't mentioned in the above linked references, make sure you have a way to charge your cell phone/lap top batteries. If you don't have a generator, buy yourself a couple of power inverters and you can use your vehicle as a generator for a bit if need be.

I've been through Alicia, Ike and every other storm in the Texas Gulf coast for the past 42 years and with the tornado outbreak we've had recently, I am keeping a very close eye on the tropics this year, even more so than in previous years...

Stay safe!
edit on 7-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: formatting fix

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well I subscribe to Quakes 2011 - Tornados 2011 ... might as well join in with Hurricanes too

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
lol The meteorologists around here seem like they can never even accurately predict whether or not its going to rain within the next hour. But I hope people along the Gulf put the effort into preparing for hurricanes. There have been enough casualties already between the flooding, tornadoes, and earthquakes this year. This has been such a terrible year weather-wise that its almost getting hard to believe its all natural.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
East pacific has a wave with a near 100% chance of forming into a tropical depression today.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The other side (Atl/Carrib) has one wave with a 20% chance of forming. The Air Force Recon of this system that was scheduled for today has been cancelled.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

edit on 7-6-2011 by lasertaglover because: added second link

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm no meteorologist but I know from living in the southeast that when we have extremely hot Springs / Summers, we are going to have bad hurricanes. The temperatures in the southeast have been in the 100 degree range for over a week. This causes the ocean temperature to rise and that's when you get the cat 3 and above hurricanes.

When Katrina hit, ocean temp's were just 2 degrees above normal. Hell, we were hitting 90+ degrees in April and look at the storms that spawned off those higher than normal temp's!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Map of listed depression:
S ource

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah living on the Space Coast here in Florida I am not looking forward to Hurricane season. I just have a feeling it is going to be active.

I like the names but Ophellia stands out as one that will do some damage for some odd reason.

I dont mind small 1-2 hurricanes but anything above well not so much.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I live in Pinellas County, A zone, right by the mangroves. We are way overdue. Not since 1921 has a hurricane come ashore here. Geography is out friend though. A storm nees lots of energy to swing hard east from its normal n/nw then n/ne trajectory after they come curling over the Keys. The ones that worry me are those that start around the Yucatan that slowly build then hea east after coming up the MX/Southeast TX coast.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

It's officially Tropical Storm Adrian now.

www.signonsandiego.com...

more info:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
edit on 7-6-2011 by hazey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From what I'm seeing, the conditions are the same as prior to the 2005 hurricane season, which was a record year.

So that's why meteorologists are predicting a big year.

We shall see.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hazey

Projected track as of this post:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3824ec5240bb.jpg[/atsimg]
Satellite image:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c756922ed83.jpg[/atsimg]

So far it's a fish storm.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Existing Hurricane Watch 2011 here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yeah, I saw this after I posted the thread.

Strangely enough, I searched "hurricane 2011" and that thread did not show in the results, which lead me to post this thread.

Mods, please feel free to close this duplicate thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
From what I'm seeing, the conditions are the same as prior to the 2005 hurricane season, which was a record year.

So that's why meteorologists are predicting a big year.

We shall see.

Not only are conditions the same as 2005, the names are also the same.
It's not very well known that the list of names for hurricanes repeat every six years, with the exception of "retired" names.
Five names have been retired from the 2005 list: Dennis, Katrina, Rita, Stan and Wilma

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
South Georgia and large areas of Florida are burning and forcasters are telling us that only heavy rain such as tropical systems will stop these fires.

I have a lung problem and find it very difficult to be outside even a few minutes, with oxygen being used, because of the smoke and ash falling in my area

Never thought I would be praying for a small hurricane to come to us but I am now.

OP I like your thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

* A tropical wave moving through the Yucatan Peninsula is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms to the Yucatan Peninsula, southern Mexico, and parts of Central America.

* This system is not expected to develop today due to unfavorable conditions for development.

* There is some potential for this system to organize and develop tomorrow or Wednesday as it moves into the Bay of Campeche.

* Some computer models develop this low, bringing it into eastern Mexico in the next couple of days and bring some rain to South Texas.

source

As long as this does not intensify too much, we will welcome the rain. We've had a little recently, but are still under a "D4 drought-exceptional" classification.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join