It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

test your gullibility...how conditioned are you??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ok...so you all know that outthere...somewhere...someone will prey on your ignorance, pride etc etc...these are natural human traits that could be abused...but here i want to look at how conditioned we are to fear mongerors.
to show how conditioned we have become to alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment...its important because it is the same argument that allows so many chemicals into our food...worring also now that unatural food products are classed as natural products...!!!??

im urging people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide."...though you directly do not have to sign this, what i want from you is to class how dangerous chemicals like "dihydrogen monoxide' are...from a scale of 1 to 10....1 = not dangerous....10 = very dangerous.

do you think dihydrogen monoxide should be banned??

to explain why it could be banned there are plenty of good reasons, since:

1. it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
4. accidental inhalation can kill you
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients

please score how dangerous chemicals like this are and that they should be banned...in return i will then attempt to sore your vulnerability of being conditioned....

please answer honestly using the information above, dont look at anyone elses answers....i will tell you your individual scores soon!

peace
edit on 6-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Stupid -.-

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Funny. But a point well made, to think critically and do your research without just accepting everything at face value (for example, at least one crucial point left off your list--like what percentage of our bodies is made up of this vital element, and how we would die of dehydration without it).
edit on 6-6-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good try but its an old scam

Dihydrogen Monoxide is just water by a different name.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
hahahah funny
edit on 6-6-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)
don't ban me bro!
edit on 6-6-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

a seven...lol...all i can say is ...at least this guy was honest!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

link   
On the scale I would put it as a 1... but I don't need a score on my gullibility. I think I do just fine figuring out things for myself. Don't like other people evaluating me as they don't know my background or what I'm about by just asking a simple question.

Have Fun !

link   
Okay, it's an old one, but leaving that aside, my answer is: as a sceptic I would check the sources of the information, check out scientific reports on the subject, ignore whatever the media or politicians might be saying (they are known to be very unreliable, especially on scientific issues) and not jump to any immediate conclusions - accepting always that however certain I may be, new information may change my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
saw the video you saw first

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
dihydrogen monoxide

di = 2

Hydrogen is easy H2

Monoxide
Mono = 1

Oxygen is easy O

Answer = H20 = Water

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
BAN IT!!! WHY WONT WE THINK OF THE CHILDRENZ!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend57
On the scale I would put it as a 1... but I don't need a score on my gullibility. I think I do just fine figuring out things for myself. Don't like other people evaluating me as they don't know my background or what I'm about by just asking a simple question.

Have Fun !

i did say using only this information above....and i cant evaluate you...buut i could evealuate how prone you are to making a rash decision based on edited facts...

to add...i dont have a system to score you...its just to see if you would answer anything other than 1...

to add further...you passed!!...but i hate scoring the pompass

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"Dihydrogen monoxide" is water.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Simple research is all that must be done.
Everyone knows the problem is our bodies.
All issues on earth would be solved if we didn't use these flesh vehicles.BAN THEM!
I'll immediately alert Nancy Palosi ! I'll have to use words with more than 3 syllables in order to circumvent her intelligence of course.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
dihydrogen monoxide

di = 2

Hydrogen is easy H2

Monoxide
Mono = 1

Oxygen is easy O

Answer = H20 = Water

Well Done !!!! You are the type of person I would go to for advice on research such as this .

As far as doing research into something like such that is put out there for you...I also would be careful about the research we have access to. The scientific fields are known to be biased at times , in their research, to manipulate results, to further their own agendas.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Research is important for sure. People usually will not take the time to dig to the truth (when it takes digging). Unfortunately, this very example (Di-hydrogen monoxide) of people's gullibility is being used in college classes to create doubt in people who find flaws with "official" stories or accepted science. They know most of you will not dig.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Hey! I'm not a pomp ass! I honestly just don't like people evaluating me. I have seen this before and so I was prepared to answer. Didn't give away anything like other posters did. Just used your scoring and gave an answer.

Jeesh! What you gotta pick on the little guy for

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

...ok.....i wont score you but i will say.....the sky will fall on your house on the thrid night of the new year....unless you empty your cash account into mine....that is the only way to save yourself.....hurry my friend!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join