It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The 21st Century has been a spiritual awakening for many, forcing us to question the very fabric of life and it's purpose.

The theory that you are indeed God, is most likely not a new one.

Man has the power to create life, take life, to judge, to forgive...

Man has developed the ability to fly, he can re create nature and all the creatures.

The God referred to in the bible had many "human characteristics" such as jealousy, promiscuity of the angels, judging ignorance with death....

Everyone is familiar with the saying "With great power comes great responsibility"

The 21st century is about knowing the truth, that every person is as powerful as God, and the OWNUS is now on you "insert name" to think about your actions and the effects they have

When you kill in the name of the lord or hate a person for being different, do not pass off ownership of words and your actions.

Own the words and actions you "insert name" impact upon the world and others.

Take blame and responsibility for the results of negative actions and there consequences

In the 21st century, God is no longer a yes man for your decisions.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I Am, indeed. So are you. And we.
Of course, all depends on how you define 'God'.

Blessings,
God

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
1 would only wish to assist GOD as best as 1 can, as you stated the responsibilities are heavy & many I dont think are considered.

Be well

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I,Just can say is .........GOD WORD IS THE SAME AS YESTERDAY AND IS THE SAME TODAY. His word never changes.

I am constantly amazed by the fact that the Bible, written so long ago, is still relevant today. In Matthew 24:3, Jesus tells us, “Heaven and earth will pass away but My words shall not pass away.” Again in Isaiah 40:8, God assures us, “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of God stands forever.” The Bible has stood the test of time. The words of wisdom found in Scriptures of old still hold true today. The truths and principles therein are as applicable to our lives as they were to the lives of Abraham, David and the Apostle Paul. History has also proven God’s Word to be true. As far as researchers have been able to determine, the events, people and places in the Bible are accurate. For example, when a debate arose many years ago over the book of Acts, the Roman historian Sherwin White wrote, “The facts authenticating the book of Acts are overwhelming. Any attempts to disprove its historicity even in matters of detail are absurd.” Additionally, archaeology has proven Scripture to be true. The great archaeologist William Albright said, “All radical schools in New Testament criticism which have existed in the past or the present are pre-archaeological and are quite antiquated today.” In other words, all archaeological evidence that continues to unfold only supports Scripture as accurate and true. If you are interested in reading more about the existing archaeological evidence supporting the reliability of the Bible, I would urge you to read Josh McDowell’s book, A Ready Defense.In matters of science, the Bible speaks in simple, yet correct terms that avoid absurdities. For example, some non-biblical accounts of creation border on the ridiculous, whereas the Bible is nowhere guilty of this. The Babylonian creation myth, for instance, developed during pre-scientific times, suggests the crude proposition that the earth was formed from a dismembered part of one of the gods after a fight occurred between them in heaven. The biblical narrative, on the other hand, is concise, sensible and above all, accurate. www.starwire.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've been contemplating this on a practical level for some time. It really is amazing to think that, as far as we know, humans are the most "superior" (as in god-like) creatures in existence. We have the ability to wipe out most of the earth's ecosystem in a nuclear holocaust if we chose to and kill nearly every living thing. We're really the ones who are shaping reality. A lot of people probably never even had this epiphany.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

You said:

The 21st Century has been a spiritual awakening for many, forcing us to question the very fabric of life and it's purpose.

We didn't create ourselves, so we don't have the right to say why we were created;the whole idea of a human coming up with a "why we are here" is inherently flawed because humans didn't create themselve, which isn't the case, as clearly, we didn't designate ourselves, and erroneously claiming so seems egotistical and hubristic.

You also said:

take life, to judge, to forgive...

Well, here in the 21st century, it's pretty axiomatic that the (so called) "justice" system is failing. The rich/famous swindle there way out of being prosecuted, while the poor have no chance. Not to mention that corrupt cops are on the rise, being female helps in your sentence being lessened (whereas, on average, the male would receive a much higher sentence, assuming they both did the same crime, such as murder), et al. And there has certainly been a lot of "taking life"
I fear that WW3 will come and that's when it'll really start goin' down.

But, yeah, humans do forgive each other.

You said:

Man has developed the ability to fly, he can re create nature and all the creatures.

Us humans have limited abilities and only manipulate the creations to transmute them into other ones; humans don’t truly “create”, i.e., bring something from non-existence into existence. The materials to make planes were here 5,000 years ago, but the means to manipulating the creations to form a plane was not; we use that which has been furnished for us. Humans only use what is available and form objects of which weren’t thought of in the previous years.

But, yeah, man, there have certainly been many technological advancements recently. If you were to tell someone a century, or heck, why not 50 years ago, that humans would have toys which they could talk with each other from almost anywhere in the world (abstract interpretation of a cell-phone
) or that humans would develop machines to exceed the speed of sound, they would never believe you. I'm pretty sure the military has some equipment (which hasn't been shown to the general public or is secret) that would definitely WOW us out.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well if God is Everything, and I'm a part of Everything, then that means we are all a part of God.

Of course, this all depends on the first assumption being correct.

Which it is not.

We are not God.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Well if God is Everything, and I'm a part of Everything, then that means we are all a part of God.

Of course, this all depends on the first assumption being correct.

Which it is not.

We are not God.

As the saying goes opinions are like A-Holes... Everybody's got One.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No, unless we develop magical powers then we can say we are closer to being GOD's. either than that we are just an hallucinating or... illusionating
hammmm

yes we can create alot of toys and play with them but we i havent seen real Magic just tricks and alikes, illusions
edit on 6-6-2011 by HisMajesty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
God is an awareness that has no self, and for that reason, it is everyone.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We are not gods. Just because we have the spark of the divine within does not make one a god. That's like saying if you hit two rocks together and make a tiny spark, that is the equivalent power to a supernova. Ridiculous.

We can become co-creators with the divine though, but only after a long long time of proving oneself worthy. It takes a great level of spiritual balance, maturity, and wisdom to be a true co-creator with the divine, something most humans sadly lack.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No, absolutely not!!!

Do you know what it means to "use God's name in vain"? It isn't G-damn, or Damn it, it is very easy to figure out.

vain/vān/Adjective 1. Having or showing an excessively high opinion of one's appearance, abilities, or worth.

You simply say, "I am God", and you have committed a Sin! Do not use God's name in vain, for the very love of your own soul, because it has consequences!

new topics

top topics

join