It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I am a BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN.

Actually, being that you've already shown yourself to be a liar (being that you lied about what I said in order to change the debate) there is no reason to believe you are a black woman. Most likely, you are a teenage white boy. And just because you said "don't get it twisted" isn't evidence you are black.

The sources you reference are shoddy, with absolutely no academic value; not because of "racism" but because they are not supported by any sort of facts or evidence.
edit on 7-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
--Radioactive skeletons 3000 BC. Ruins of the ancient cities of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa are extremely radioactive.

Got any evidence to back up the radioative claims.........how about the readings of radioactivity or which specific radioactive isotopes were detected ?

Youtube videos or websites making vague unsubstantiated claims,with no proper statistical data to back up the claim simply don't cut it I'm afraid.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by Unity_99
--Radioactive skeletons 3000 BC. Ruins of the ancient cities of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa are extremely radioactive.

Got any evidence to back up the radioative claims.........how about the readings of radioactivity or which specific radioactive isotopes were detected ?

Youtube videos or websites making vague unsubstantiated claims,with no proper statistical data to back up the claim simply don't cut it I'm afraid.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

I think you know enough not to hold your breath waiting for evidence.

rationalwiki.org...
I'm pretty sure that the "radioactivity" would come as a real surprise to the folks that have worked there for the last 50 something years excavating the site.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
One book which I have read wich ties all of the ancient world myths together and gives sources to each ancient world myth.

The book : Hamlets mill !

I suggest you read it as the two authors tie together almost every ancient cultures creation myth , and its basis in science its very interesting

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think there's really only two options for these ancient stories.

1. They're all bs.

2. They involve aliens somehow.

Fiery discs, flying chariots, non-human beings, what else could it be? Aliens would explaing EVERYTHING. Assuming this is real, of course. The other option is that ancients had a wilder imagination than we have now.
Now, it's pretty obvious that some people have realised this is a real goldmine. While they might make up some theories to make money, it doesn't mean they can't hold the grain of truth. And even though some claims would be proven as wrong, it doesn't automatically mean that it was a lie. Some people do some serious research on this. People say Sitchin was a fraud, but he really took the time to study this. He sounded like he sincerely believed in all of this. Now, he might have been wrong on some occasions, I don't agree with everything he said. But people make mistakes. It doesn't make him a liar.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamelukkikala

1. They're all bs.

Fiery discs, flying chariots, non-human beings, what else could it be? Aliens would explaing EVERYTHING. Assuming this is real, of course. The other option is that ancients had a wilder imagination than we have now.
Now, it's pretty obvious that some people have realised this is a real goldmine. While they might make up some theories to make money, it doesn't mean they can't hold the grain of truth. And even though some claims would be proven as wrong, it doesn't automatically mean that it was a lie. Some people do some serious research on this. People say Sitchin was a fraud, but he really took the time to study this. He sounded like he sincerely believed in all of this. Now, he might have been wrong on some occasions, I don't agree with everything he said. But people make mistakes. It doesn't make him a liar.

This is not imagination:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
This is not imagination:[/img]

How do you know what it is in the first place to declare it isn't imagination?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Its highly unlikely to have a mass hallucination among several different civilizations, and all at the same time.

When I first left religion alone, I laughed at the notion of a god , angels, and the bible itself; it all seemed like a fairytale to me.

Later, I started to learn about the universe and its vastness and grew an interest in extraterrestrial life; not from movies, but from the fact that we are not the center of the universe and thus, there is nothing 'special about us'. We are special only to ourselves..

Then, when I heard of the Ancient Alien theory, I paused and critically looked at it. At that time I was a hardcore atheist and here we were mentioning 'gods' again.

But then,

I saw the parallel of the AAT and the bible. The bible couldn't be true, right? its just a fairy tale, right?

Switching out ancient words like 'gods/angels, chariots, virgin birth with modern words like 'aliens, spaceships, and technology is when it started....to make......sense.....

How in the world could ALL of these ancient civilizations, with oceans and deserts between them

DESCRIBE THE EXACT SAME STORY???????????

So.....

I concluded it must be something to this.....

God(s) - extraterrestrial (leadership/commander type of position
Lord - et with the highest position (notice how the bible differentiates 'God' from 'Lord God')
Angel- et with a specialty; crew memeber, not in leadership position
Chariot of Fire- flying vessel (Rocket, spaceship)
Virgin Birth - artificial insemination
Miracles -advanced technology

These are some things to truly consider before dismissing the AAT altogether.

edit on 8-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamelukkikala

1. They're all bs.

This is not imagination:

Absolutely!!!

See my above post where I am trying to seriously explain how these incidents and technology HAD to exist

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Lord - et with the highest position (notice how the bible differentiate 'God' from 'Lord God')

That makes sense seeing as how if the Ancients saw things like this they wouldnt know how to fully comprehend it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Lord - et with the highest position (notice how the bible differentiate 'God' from 'Lord God')

That makes sense seeing as how if the Ancients saw things like this they wouldnt know how to fully comprehend it.

Exactly my point.

They were using the current terminology to best describe what they were witnessing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Its highly unlikely to have a mass hallucination among several different civilizations, and all at the same time.

Along with having a very uneducated view of history, the development of cultures and religion, you are trying to force everything into a false dichotomy. The truth isn't a simple choice between either they were describing something they didn't understand (aliens) in the best terms they knew how or they were delusional; it is a variety of factors, imagination, attempting to understand the world around them, building off previous religions and beliefs. And not every civilization and religion developed at the same time. The Sumerians did not develop the same time as the Romans or the Aztecs, for example.

DESCRIBE THE EXACT SAME STORY?

That is the false generality that the ancient alien theory is based on, but anyone who has studied the development of religions can tell you that they do not tell the exact same story.

And you did not address my question. How do you know what the objects are in the first place to say they are not imagination.
edit on 8-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Having the exact same story is actually true..

Oh, with the exceptions of names...for example, an African civilization may have told the story (many generations later) with African names, like Isis, Osiris, Horus, Imhotep, Amen-Ra)

European civilization ( Mary, Peter, Paul, Timothy)

Greek civilization (Aphrodite, Apollo, Hercules, Zeus)

and so on.

The premises of the 'story' are still the same:

Some examples

Epic of Gilgamesh Enuma Elish

Flood occurs in the Mesopotamian plain.
Main character is warned to build a boat to escape the flood
Main character is told to save himself, his family, and a sampling of animals
The boats were sealed with tar
The boats came to rest on a mountain
Birds were released to determine if the waters receded
Main character sacrificed an offering

And

Sargon of Akkad, a great Mesopotamian king, which is almost exactly the same as the Moses story...but about 2000 years earlier. Or the Mesopotamian legend of Utnapishtim, who is basically Noah.

Biblical events and characters

Cautions of Discernment
1) Krishna
2) Buddha
3) Horus
4) Zoroaster
5) Mithras
6) Attis
7) Dionysus-Bacchus
Alleged Crucified Deities

And with Egyptian history:

Jesus=Ra

His mother was a woman called Meri
His father was called Jo-Sep
His father was of royal descent
His birth was heralded by a star
His birth was witnessed by Shepherds
King Herut tried to have him killed
He was 30 when baptised
His baptiser went on to be beheaded
He was followed by 12 disciples
He walked on water and healed the sick
He gave a 'sermon on the mount'
He was crucified
...between 2 thieves
He was buried in a tomb
He was resurrected after 3 days

and countless numbers of parallel 'coincidences'

I love debate, and I welcome debate of different opinions than mine.

We got overheated yesterday, and I apologize for the ugly things I stated and am trying to debate in a mature manner at this point.

Please refrain from using derrogatory names toward me and my race (insisting that I am using black slang to pretend to be black, etc) and lets do this the right way.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

DESCRIBE THE EXACT SAME STORY?

And you did not address my question. How do you know what the objects are in the first place to say they are not imagination.
edit on 8-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Well, I can't travel back in time to view as an eyewitness, but I can use critical and logical thought, as we all have to do when debating this.

So, here's one example of many:

AAT's speculate that the 'moving stars', such as the one when describing the one that the 3 kings followed to witness the birth of Jesus could not theoretically been a 'star'

as stars do not move ( I know they do around the center of the galaxy, but not for us to see the movement)

So to describe a shiny object in the sky that is moving, even going left-to right, and hovers had to be describing a flying metallic vessel.

Here's the source for the biblical description of this object: Matthew:2 verses 1,2,7, and 9

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

great post, keep in mind there are some things which still are a mystery, (at least of there origin) like the Inca Stones, which pioneered many medical procedures, and even laser tech' & some modern flight & stealth tech' as well as the classified China stone disk's, of which little is know of. and not to mention the Philadelphia Project which no one will ever no the truth about. and of course the Nasca Lines. as for the likely hood that ancient aliens did not (or do not) exist, come on now, do you really think that in all the vastness of the universe that we know of now, that there is no other life out there that has been or even is light years ahead of us in both society and tech'? as well as the FACT that in most every culture and most every period in history there are writeings, carvings and many other depictations of "other tech" and "other life" and many of these depictations are know to have been createted YEARS before cultures were interacting with one another. it's just what we think we know, what we don't know and the truth that we can not yet perceive.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunsInBothHands
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

great post, keep in mind there are some things which still are a mystery, (at least of there origin) like the Inca Stones, which pioneered many medical procedures, and even laser tech' & some modern flight & stealth tech' as well as the classified China stone disk's, of which little is know of. and not to mention the Philadelphia Project which no one will ever no the truth about. and of course the Nasca Lines. as for the likely hood that ancient aliens did not (or do not) exist, come on now, do you really think that in all the vastness of the universe that we know of now, that there is no other life out there that has been or even is light years ahead of us in both society and tech'? as well as the FACT that in most every culture and most every period in history there are writeings, carvings and many other depictations of "other tech" and "other life" and many of these depictations are know to have been createted YEARS before cultures were interacting with one another. it's just what we think we know, what we don't know and the truth that we can not yet perceive.

I agree!!!

This is what I explained in my recent posts.....when I left 'religion' lone, I had to consider my knowledge of the universe...the more that grew, the more I knew that we could not possibly be alone, and that maybe there was something to that bible after all.....

Back then, we called them gods.....today we call them aliens.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
from Sitchin's "The 12th Planet"

" The appearance of modern man a mere 700,000 years after Homo Erectus and some 200,00 before Neanderthal Man is absolutely implausible. It is also clear that Homo Sapiens represent such an extreme departure from the slow evolutionary process that many of our features, such as the ability to speak, are totally unrelated to the earlier primates."

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

AAT's speculate that the 'moving stars', such as the one when describing the one that the 3 kings followed to witness the birth of Jesus could not theoretically been a 'star'

as stars do not move ( I know they do around the center of the galaxy, but not for us to see the movement)

So to describe a shiny object in the sky that is moving, even going left-to right, and hovers had to be describing a flying metallic vessel.

Hmmm, first off there is no evidence that the 3 kings story or even Jesus is true.

But if for arguments sake it is a true story......there are things in the night sky that move.....they could be meteorites, comets, earthquake lights (Which don't always occur just where there are earth quakes), perhaps they saw a pulsar.

Is a flying metal vessel the only thing it could have been.............errr short answer.....NO!

edit on 8-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This is what I explained in my recent posts.....when I left 'religion' lone, I had to consider my knowledge of the universe...the more that grew, the more I knew that we could not possibly be alone, and that maybe there was something to that bible after all.....

I think you've just substituted one fairy tale for another.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

I think you've just substituted one fairy tale for another.

The Ancients must of saw something. If the Ancients are drawing animals that they see why would they be hallucinating about seeing something like a UFO?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join