It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMB! China Has Divested 97 Percent of Its Holdings in U.S. Treasury Bills

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
China has dropped 97 percent of its holdings in U.S. Treasury bills, decreasing its ownership of the short-term U.S. government securities from a peak of $210.4 billion in May 2009 to $5.69 billion in March 2011, the most recent month reported by the U.S. Treasury.

cnsnews.com...

Welcome to the USD Collapse party. Were we are playing musical chairs and the music is about to stop.

So now that china is a net seller of US Bonds who is going to buy the rest of the bonds.."Hint hint = FED's print money to buy bonds and fund the goverment" Really folks this is end game.... Its just a matter of time now.

Nice how this came out after the closing bell today. I really dont know what to say at this point, The S is about to hit the Fan.
edit on 3-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Already Posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You should chandge the name of the post to.
"FED's print money to buy America"
Bow to your new owners.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
At least they will be USA feds, not Communists.
The Aussies will buy them up as they gamble with their citizens super funds.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The Fed's buying of paper should be called "The GREAT TOILET PAPER SWAP" ---- hmmm, maybe not --- Toilet paper HAS VALUE! The fed's paper has NO VALUE --- too small, and crisp to be good for "wiping"!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Don't even joke about that.

I will personally start an Australian Revolution if the ranga buys up the US Securities.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
At this point in the game, if anyone is not prepared for what's about to happen, it's there own fault. And I'm sorry to say, I won't feel sorry for them. People have been screaming from the roof tops for years now and no one either seems to care or give a damn to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
China has dropped 97 percent of its holdings in U.S. Treasury bills, decreasing its ownership of the short-term U.S. government securities from a peak of $210.4 billion in May 2009 to $5.69 billion in March 2011, the most recent month reported by the U.S. Treasury.

cnsnews.com...

for more than 3 years now... its been harped all over the place that China has close to $2 Trillion in USA securities...

this article must be focusing [bonly on 2 month Treasuries from what i'm reading

its been said in many corners that China has been trading their holdings of Treasuries/notes/bonds to buy up rare earth metals, gold... and other real assets during the course of 2010-2011

and their holdings even with a reduced trade surplus the last 12 months ---- is still above $1 Trillion in USA Paper

i just don't know what to make of the OP reporting... they seem to be out in left field & behind the times...

thanks
edit on 3-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
At this point in the game, if anyone is not prepared for what's about to happen, it's there own fault. And I'm sorry to say, I won't feel sorry for them. People have been screaming from the roof tops for years now and no one either seems to care or give a damn to do anything about it.

Yeah its about to get crazy. Our largest buyer of debt HAS SOLD EVERYTHING! Think about it! I was waiting for a sign to pull the trigger and buy my last purchase, bullet proof vest, and i guess this might be it

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Second this opinion - it's now at the level where those who don't recognize the signs by now are clearly ignoring every single fact available for the sake of their own comforts.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Uh, I wonder what is Japan doing! They are also holding quite some US bonds, and they NEED the cash to repair the country...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Welcome to the USD Collapse party. Were we are playing musical chairs and the music is about to stop.

Yep and when the music stops youll still have the tune ringing in your ears,

Bye Bye Miss America Pie,
Drove chevy to the levy
But the credit ran dry
This will be the day the we all die !
edit on 3-6-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't waist your money on a vest especially in the state of CA. It is just not smart to invest in the US Government at this time. I would be inclined to follow the smart money into Gold/Silver (physical), real estate, emerging markets, a nice dividend portfolio (stocks like MO, VZ, ED, BCE, NNN, KMP, O) with stop losses on each. Stay calm men, the USD is a long way from dead.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
They probably sold because another round of Quanatative Easing is probably coming.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
From this article linked in the first post.

As of March 2011, overall Chinese holdings of U.S. debt had decreased to 1.1449 trillion.

Can you read? This 97% was mentioned about short term debt which was previously 200bilion$. Chines still have 1.1449trillion of US debt so nothing significant changed. Don't panic.

Your food, water and ammunition supply for five years of nuclear war and post-apocalyptic earth which probably all of you had hidden in your bunkers in gardens would not be handy this time so take it easy. Maybe next time.
edit on 3-6-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Thank you for a little reason and logic.

The country's economy is going in a bad direction, but people freaking out about the news in the article are crying wolf. There is nothing crazy going on here.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

It has been said by many economist around the globe that another round of quantitative easing would herald the fall of the USD. I myself think that they may be correct. How much money can really be printed before it has a hyper inflationary effect on every thing valued in the USD? For those not in the know by this point, just put your head back in the sand and go on about your business of american idle and justin beiber,. because at this point in the game it's too late to start preping now.

As far as China selling off their US treasuries, they have been saying they were going to do it for some time now. Just looks to me like they are making good on their threat/preparations for the USD collapse ahead of time.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The dollar is toast.
How can you tell?
Well, it continues to buy less and less, and it is increasing its speed downward...unlike how gravity acts upon a falling object...which has absolutely nothing to do with this subject.
How do you measure that, not gravity, but the decline of the dollar?
You have to be able to measure your spending power...your ability to do today what you could, say, five years ago, or ten years ago. Don't go too far back, you will get really depressed.
So, I could be screwed....and not know it?
Yes. You can learn to love yourself. And then, the dollar wouldn't matter so much.
What?
Sorry, what was the question? Oh yeah...Yes, financially, you could be screwed and not know it. It is because you are "softly" screwed, over time. Like a gentle rape where the rapist becomes your friend...convincing you that you deserved it.
A "financial" rape?
Why yes! You are clever!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by odyseusz

Thank you for a little reason and logic.

The country's economy is going in a bad direction, but people freaking out about the news in the article are crying wolf. There is nothing crazy going on here.

put your head back in the sand. Why your at it you should buy some muni and federal bonds

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
From this article linked in the first post.

As of March 2011, overall Chinese holdings of U.S. debt had decreased to 1.1449 trillion.

Can you read? This 97% was mentioned about short term debt which was previously 200bilion$. Chines still have 1.1449trillion of US debt so nothing significant changed. Don't panic.

Your food, water and ammunition supply for five years of nuclear war and post-apocalyptic earth which probably all of you had hidden in your bunkers in gardens would not be handy this time so take it easy. Maybe next time.

Nothing to flip over about, but it does suggest that China is starting to pull out - Rome is starting to burn, you just havn't smelt the smoke yet.

(they arn't going to try and dump all the debt at once, they are gradually pulling away, they want to sell as much as they can before it goes bust)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join