It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd...THING in the sky last night. NE Ohio area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok, first of all I have no pics or video, so please don't ask. The only camera/video thing I have is my Palm Pixi and if any of you use them then you know that night time pic and video taking is worthless. That being said, I was in the middle of a bout of insomnia last night and stood at my kitchen sink drinking some water and gazing out the big bay window at the night time sky around 4:15 am. I am in Tuscarawas county Ohio and I was looking south west.

About 45 degrees up from horizon level I saw a strange light. It was not a air craft and not a star as fr as I could tell. It was shaped like a cigar almost but the edges were not smooth. It was orange in color and the ends twinlked a bit. It did not move! It hovered there twinkling, not changing shape just casting an eerie orange glow around it in the sky.

Now, I don't know what it was, and I'm not saying its and alien craft or anything. But it was just really really odd is all.

I want to know if anyone else has seen something similar before, and if anyone in my area saw it last night/this morning? Is there anywhere I should report this to or should I just chalk it up as atmospheric strangeness and let it go?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
NorthEast Ohio and was Orange? Early in the Morning?

Are the Browns sneaking away again in there middle of the night?

Say it ain't so..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
NorthEast Ohio and was Orange? Early in the Morning?

Are the Browns sneaking away again in there middle of the night?

Say it ain't so..

LOL! funny guy! funny.....I'm not a Browns fan i am a Steelers fan!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
LOL....I did'nt know Steelers fans could live within the State of Ohio. I thought there was a law against that.

There's about FOUR Browns fans here in Lake Tahoe.. That's it. I would be one of them.

You KNOW if you have no pics on ATS someone's gonna bust your chops.

If you HAVE Pics, someones gonna bust your chops because they're photoshopped.

Equal opportunity debunking website here.

NO ONE WINS until Aliens on White House Lawn signing autographs or the Browns win a Super Bowl..

Sigh... Same odds on either happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

www.nuforc.org...
They have an interesting video out of Mass. too there I saw but did not look at it.
I would say you could make a brief report and leave it at that and see if anyone there saw the same thing
as you. These things may indeed be something of a spiritual nature sometimes and ah..well for the most
part, best left alone. That is a personal opinion from me, a senior who lives in NW Florida. Back in my youth,
saw lots of things there in N.C..but alas, it may always be a mystery. Never saw anything land etc..
Stories abound about stuff being seen over military installations so no telling what they have.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
LOL....I did'nt know Steelers fans could live within the State of Ohio. I thought there was a law against that.

There's about FOUR Browns fans here in Lake Tahoe.. That's it. I would be one of them.

You KNOW if you have no pics on ATS someone's gonna bust your chops.

If you HAVE Pics, someones gonna bust your chops because they're photoshopped.

Equal opportunity debunking website here.

NO ONE WINS until Aliens on White House Lawn signing autographs or the Browns win a Super Bowl..

Sigh... Same odds on either happening.

Yeah I know I'll get some crap for this post but seriously, I wouldn't put myself out there like this for a hoax, I don't need the drama! Hopefully someone else has seen something similar and explain to me what it was or just reassure me that im not a hallucinating crazy..... That's all!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You may want to spend some time at the following sites by plugging in your exact location and the time/date of this sighting to eliminate or identify a star/planet/satellite....

Satellites, ISS:
Heaven's Above
NASA - Human Space Flight

Stars, planets:
Stellarium

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Perhaps the stench from Akron finally blew into the steel mills of Youngstown and ignited.

Bah. I'm sure you know that the Youngstown area added an air force base a few years back. That's a likely source...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No picture needed, I believe you.

Saw something similar to what you are describing last night as well. Took the dogs out around 1:30ish this morning and saw what you are describing but it was very far away and the orange glow you are describing was barely noticible. Cylinder in shape, orange in color, and twinkled unlike the rest of the stars. I'm not too far off from you; Northern VA. It caught my attention among the gazillion other stars that were out. Why? I don't know, I could have easily missed it among so many stars, but I zeroed in on it. Forgot about it actually until I happened upon your post and saw the date was current to today and then it hit me. Cool

Nothing is showing up that would give this explanation via links provided by Greeneyedleo, (thank you for them,) either.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder

No picture needed, I believe you.

Saw something similar to what you are describing last night as well. Took the dogs out around 1:30ish this morning and saw what you are describing but it was very far away and the orange glow you are describing was barely noticible. Cylinder in shape, orange in color, and twinkled unlike the rest of the stars. I'm not too far off from you; Northern VA. It caught my attention among the gazillion other stars that were out. Why? I don't know, I could have easily missed it among so many stars, but I zeroed in on it. Forgot about it actually until I happened upon your post and saw the date was current to today and then it hit me. Cool

Nothing is showing up that would give this explanation via links provided by Greeneyedleo, (thank you for them,) either.

YAY! someone else saw it!! I AM NOT CRAZY!!! *does a happy dance*

I seriously wasn't sure if it was my insomnia playing tricks on me or what! But I stood there forever just watching it through the window, then i peeked out the open door and stared for a while waiting for it to do something but it just hovered and twinkled on the ends...around about 4:45 I finally said to myself ... girl, you REALLY need some sleep! So I went to bed and finally was able to sleep. When i got up this morning I thought I might as well post just to see if anyone else saw anything at all....

So was it to your southwest as well?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You may want to spend some time at the following sites by plugging in your exact location and the time/date of this sighting to eliminate or identify a star/planet/satellite....

Satellites, ISS:
Heaven's Above
NASA - Human Space Flight

Stars, planets:
Stellarium

Thank you for these links! Lots of good info here that I will be brushing up on. So far I don't see anything that seems to connect with what I saw last night, but I have alot of researching still to do on these links so maybe I will eventually find and answer. Until then I'm filing my personal experience conveniently under the WTF category.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

OK, and if it was clear enough last night (it was here in Maryland), where in the sky did you see Venus?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

OK, and if it was clear enough last night (it was here in Maryland), where in the sky did you see Venus?

You know, I honestly could not tell you cause I was so... shocked at what I was seeing I kinda forgot about anything else but IT. My bad I guess... but it didn't look like a planet or star, wrong shape. I'm really leaning towards some sort of atmospheric Phenomenon....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm just west of Cleveland. Around 2 O'clock I heard and felt a large explosion. It rattled the windows. I woke up halfway to hitting the floor. I thought maybe a Gas line or transformer blew but when I went outside, nada and I still had power. Didn't think of looking up though.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I seen something similar to what you described but there was 7 orange cigar shaped things to the west just over the horizon above the setting sun. Upon further inspection, I realized that it was the contrails of 7 different planes cresting the horizon. It was definitely a cool site to see, the almost looked neon. I'm in north central Ohio and I saw this at about 8:45 pm. This is one possible explanation for what you saw. Go browns!

edit on 3-6-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

That's just funny...

2nd.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Perhaps the stench from Akron finally blew into the steel mills of Youngstown and ignited.

Bah. I'm sure you know that the Youngstown area added an air force base a few years back. That's a likely source...

And I quote...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I thought this was a thread posted from last night. Never occurred to me to look at the date.
I it an interesting picture though so I am leaving it here. Surfers...You will probably see this pic again since I took it last night and am wondering what it is. Looking for an appropriate thread to put it in.

One of the threads here last evening said UFO's over major cities so I decided to film the sky randomly.

...caught this strange image with a cheap video camera from far away. Hope you can see it there in the upper left of the frame.

It is a white object moving off to the right with 2 smaller bluish things moving in the opposite direction and more north. What do you make of it? Contemplating where to put this but since it was last night anyway and distance is nothing to something that can travel planets I thought you might find it interesting.

I can at least confirm there was something strange over the earth last night. This was filmed much earlier however, around 1 am.

This camera doesn't even pick up the stars so must have been pretty bright and since 3 object (lights) are in close proximity, that should rule out planes. Also flares, balloons and Japanese lanterns but we cannot rule out asteroid debris in some sort of freakish collision with other asteroid debris or possibly Cigar Shaped UFO's releasing fleets of purple ships!

edit on 7-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join