It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 14th 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok....just so all know...this is not a prediction thread, i just want to understand if my friend is actually on to something or if anyone else has heard of this date...

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I like how saying the world will not end is considered trolling....

Hey OP, when the date goes by without anything happening can you come back and say you were wrong?

Remember Mat 24:36 ""No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

I do not think you have read this thread......

Originally posted by The Great Day
Well i guess we will see, but i truly wish i knew why my friend thinks this is the date...

not of a rapture or the end....but the beginng of the end.

I do not expect much from this thread...but it would be interesting to see if any others have come to that conclusion.

Harold Camping...well not many bible punchers believe in rapture and the ones who actually read the bible know that know man knows the date of the end....

So never mind bashing....just looking to see if there is any other talk of this date.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
reply to post by lpowell0627

Do you have something better to offer?

Yes. The elimination of these threads. I offered my solution for just that on page 1.
edit on 3-6-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Yes. The elimination of these threads. I offered my solution for just that on page 1.

Or...... you could just not go to these threads? No one is forcing you, why invite yourself to a thread then say these threads shouldn't exist? Sounds like a good time for you to leave.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I did some searching it doesn't look like a lot of info. There are some things in history that happened on that date. Like the US Army started on that date. Aushwitz concentration camp was opened on that date so on and so forth. I couldn't find any Masonic date relevant to June 14. I did see a prediction of an earthquake around Indonesia for that date. But someone seems to always be predicting earthquakes. June 14th is flag day in the US. There are some people planning on holding rallys at the states capatols. Other than than it seems to be an ordinary day.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Maybe this should be in predictions thread...but an old time acquaintance of mine has warned me of this date.

He says this is the day that the great tribulation begins...and it will begin in a big big way.

I asked how do you know, where did you hear this? But he would not tell me. He said he will only tell me in person one day...and we will both live to meet up one day. (he lives in Mexico now and i now live in Asia, Mexico is the last place i will go if i could afford it since my home is Canada)

Anyway....i was trying to get a feel for if he was loosing his mind, doing hallucinogens or channeling things he should not be channeling. But he would not say. He would only say..."Just prepare your mind and trust in God...he has it under control"

So my question is.....

has anybody heard anything significant about the date June 14th 2011?

or should i recommend some meds for my old friend.

Since your friend is talking about religious markers of time (such as tribulations) I would have to assume that he is or has gotten this idea...from moon phases.

There is much debate over the correct way to observe the moon phases and align the them with the 'true calendar of god' lets say. Im not religious, but one of the things I deeply found of interests was the calendar in the OT.

If your friend mentioned June 14th....from what I understand, this is not following the Old Testament calendar directions as to how to 'read' the 'true calendar' (that is if your interested in that).

Many confuse the idea of 'new moon' today and what it really was defined as in the days of old. Today, we say the 'new moon' is when the Sun and Moon conjunct...but in the Bible, the 'new moon' was something that could be observed in the sky, it was the first sighting of the thin crescent in the western sky. This meant that they were to start a 'new month'. I agree with this calendar for several reasons and agree with the old definition of 'new moon'.

Any religious 'days' should be concerned with a moon cycle. I know later the religious calendar did become a lunar solar and this in my understanding would stil lbe ok as long as the new moon was still observed and not predicted.

So we have the importance, of new moon and the 14 days after new moon for the full moon. Some confuse the 14th of our usual months with the idea of religious holidays when they really need to step away from the Gregorian calendar to observe the moons link with religious days.

From what I can understand...we will have a new moon sighting on June 3rd TOMORROW! Its a very magical thing to spot the new moon sighting and I encourage you, outside of any religious interests or for religious interests...to try to observe this in your western sky right after Sun set. It will only be there for a short time so you have to be willing to find a place where there is no mountains or high trees blocking the low horizon for you and be willing to sit and watch the Sun set and then sit out there an hour or so after the Sun sets.

So if the moon sighting comes on June 3rd...then we can count 14 days and we arrive at the 16th of June for a full moon. So if there is any specific occurrences, according to your friends interests of THIS MONTH...I would say it would be for June 16th...not the 14th. BUT I COULD BE WRONG on what reasons he has. Im only assuming it must be about the moon cycle because the Hebrew calendar revolved all around the new moons and full moons.

There have been interesting synchronisities in the moon and solar cycles as of the last 2 years. Im not one to believe in prophecies, but I believe in the Universe being set on cycles and orders and those cycles and orders dont only apply to 'things in the sky' but more as a 'as above so below' type of thing.

Ask your friend, if it has anything to do with the moon cycles.

LV

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

You want to eliminate threads of OP trying to better understand a friend? I think you just read the date and jumped on the hate wagon....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Maybe this should be in predictions thread...but an old time acquaintance of mine has warned me of this date.

He says this is the day that the great tribulation begins...and it will begin in a big big way.

I asked how do you know, where did you hear this? But he would not tell me. He said he will only tell me in person one day...and we will both live to meet up one day. (he lives in Mexico now and i now live in Asia, Mexico is the last place i will go if i could afford it since my home is Canada)

Anyway....i was trying to get a feel for if he was loosing his mind, doing hallucinogens or channeling things he should not be channeling. But he would not say. He would only say..."Just prepare your mind and trust in God...he has it under control"

So my question is.....

Since your friend is talking about religious markers of time (such as tribulations) I would have to assume that he is or has gotten this idea...from moon phases.

There is much debate over the correct way to observe the moon phases and align the them with the 'true calendar of god' lets say. Im not religious, but one of the things I deeply found of interests was the calendar in the OT.

If your friend mentioned June 14th....from what I understand, this is not following the Old Testament calendar directions as to how to 'read' the 'true calendar' (that is if your interested in that).

Many confuse the idea of 'new moon' today and what it really was defined as in the days of old. Today, we say the 'new moon' is when the Sun and Moon conjunct...but in the Bible, the 'new moon' was something that could be observed in the sky, it was the first sighting of the thin crescent in the western sky. This meant that they were to start a 'new month'. I agree with this calendar for several reasons and agree with the old definition of 'new moon'.

Any religious 'days' should be concerned with a moon cycle. I know later the religious calendar did become a lunar solar and this in my understanding would stil lbe ok as long as the new moon was still observed and not predicted.

So we have the importance, of new moon and the 14 days after new moon for the full moon. Some confuse the 14th of our usual months with the idea of religious holidays when they really need to step away from the Gregorian calendar to observe the moons link with religious days.

From what I can understand...we will have a new moon sighting on June 3rd TOMORROW! Its a very magical thing to spot the new moon sighting and I encourage you, outside of any religious interests or for religious interests...to try to observe this in your western sky right after Sun set. It will only be there for a short time so you have to be willing to find a place where there is no mountains or high trees blocking the low horizon for you and be willing to sit and watch the Sun set and then sit out there an hour or so after the Sun sets.

So if the moon sighting comes on June 3rd...then we can count 14 days and we arrive at the 16th of June for a full moon. So if there is any specific occurrences, according to your friends interests of THIS MONTH...I would say it would be for June 16th...not the 14th. BUT I COULD BE WRONG on what reasons he has. Im only assuming it must be about the moon cycle because the Hebrew calendar revolved all around the new moons and full moons.

There have been interesting synchronisities in the moon and solar cycles as of the last 2 years. Im not one to believe in prophecies, but I believe in the Universe being set on cycles and orders and those cycles and orders dont only apply to 'things in the sky' but more as a 'as above so below' type of thing.

LV

Thank you for an informative and mature response that i found most interesting. I too gaze at the stars in awe with deep wonder and appreciation (a bit of an oxymoron) I have also noticed the obvious cyclical nature of reality. I also wonder why most spiritual/religions are based on star sun, Egyptian, astrological themes.

Anyway i wonder a lot. But thanks for your interesting post and thoughtful posts like it by others.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Your welcome OP. I really do encourage you, and anyone else, to experience the magical feeling of seeing the new sighting of the moon for every month.

It may not be happenstance that you post this, the day before our new moon may be able to be seen!

Here is a calendar for moon phases. You can type in the month and year of interests to see a predicted day for the sighting of the new crescent and if you run your mouse over the moon phases near full moon, it will say 'full moon' when you scroll over the right day for full moon.

For example, make sure this calendar shows you June 2011. Then see that June 3rd there is a 'new moon' sighting predicted. Then scroll over the '16th' and it should show you 'full moon'.

If anything, I think it brings great balance to a person that is aware of the cycles of the spheres in our skys.

stardate.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Favorited thanks!

I have always been leary of theatrical mystics but i still try to keep an open mind to the clock work timing of the universe.

I dont want to really worship anything like moon sun or stars like it seems some want to do. There is a Jungle bar on the north side beach of Boracay Philippines.....it only opens for full/new moon(worship) and walking by the place during any other day just feels wrong to me...or maybe just my preconveived notion of the place.

Still makes me think there is much more than this realm.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

So my question is.....

LV

Thanks for the above.

The Elipse Sandwich:
2011 Jun 01: Partial Solar Eclipse

2011 Jun 15: Total Lunar Eclipse

2011 Jul 01: Partial Solar Eclipse

Toss in the Solstice June 21.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 3-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Is there any occult significance to this or are you solely an astronomy buff?

Thanks/

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by LeoVirgo

Favorited thanks!

I have always been leary of theatrical mystics but i still try to keep an open mind to the clock work timing of the universe.

I dont want to really worship anything like moon sun or stars like it seems some want to do. There is a Jungle bar on the north side beach of Boracay Philippines.....it only opens for full/new moon(worship) and walking by the place during any other day just feels wrong to me...or maybe just my preconveived notion of the place.

Still makes me think there is much more than this realm.

I myself, am much more into simple awareness of all things, and reverence to things as a 'whole' or works, then any worship. But I try to leave others to their own path of needs.

To me, observing the moons phases helps us keep track of a great way to plant and harvest as well. I think the design of this Universe, galaxy, world...gives us many ways to be aligned with what surrounds us. Ive had pretty cool experiences from observing the cosmos. I can only describe it as....when we observe and show awareness...it seems as if the cosmos says 'hi' back to us. We can do this with something as simple as a blade of grass....which holds the earth, water, air, and fire...all within it. Hold the blade of grass in your hands and know you hold all of those things, in your hand.

I think all religions have something to offer us because all of them at some point of time, been of the 'minds of man'. To really understand mankind, we need to learn about all paths man has ever walked.

I dont think anything of our past is really a 'bad thing' or mistake because we can use all things to weigh and measure our own paths. Not trying to redirect your thread by any means...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by ChungTsuU

Is there any occult significance to this or are you solely an astronomy buff?

Thanks/

Not the occult. I taught middle school science for years, the solar system, astronomy, night and day stuff.

I make observation using a holistic approach to what I think using multiple sources of information....knowledge. LOL

Please do not take that as sarcasm and putting you down. Just trying to have some humor in this.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

edit on 3-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: grammer

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So my question is.....

Yes, I have just look at my signature, but it has nothing to do with religion.

June 14, 2011 is flag day, and the day we are protesting against JP Morgan and Federal reserve banks all over the country.

So yes, I do hope it will be a very important day, but maybe for different reasons than you

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is my birthday.

There's always been a lot of UFO sightings on that day.

It's the day the blackberries are ripe.

There's a protest on Wallstreet that day.

It's flag day.

I can't remember too many June 14ths that were rainy.

If that helps. It is my birthday.

I feel like something is going to break soon. Don't know what or when, probably the economy will bottom out, dunno, but it's gonna happen.

I'm into the occult, have been most of my life - only occult significance I can think of is that the veil starts thinning about this date. Nothing particular happens though that I know of. I'd have probably noticed if it had.
edit on 3-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

So my question is.....

Yes, I have just look at my signature, but it has nothing to do with religion.

June 14, 2011 is flag day, and the day we are protesting against JP Morgan and Federal reserve banks all over the country.

So yes, I do hope it will be a very important day, but maybe for different reasons than you

Hmmm middle east unrest moves west? Sorry, i hope there is a massive turn out, Wake some comfortably numb people up eh.

And thanks to many other posters, it has been interesting.

Its now almost 4 am in asia.....time to hit the sack. Good day everyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Pretty interesting video here:

In this day and age, it remains to be seen if a massive protest will be successful and if people take it seriously. I find it that it will be more difficult to pull off in American than it is in other countries, but I've been wrong before so we'll see.

As far as anything else going on June 14th... Who knows? Supposedly a web bot predicted a thought shift or something like that, was it last November, than didn't come to fruition. Some argued that it was a small event that took place that started the "beginning of the end". I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will stay aware and that's one reason I come to ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Now I wonder if they meant the Julian or Gregorian calender's June 14th ?!

It's a tough road we choose man, if its not optical illusions challenging us now its chronological ones.

I like fridays.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
June 14, 2011 would have been a day of great joy knowing payday would have been on June 15th. Alas, that was when I had a job. So nothing but the ordinary should happen on that day.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

There is thread about protesting against the banks on here somewhere I am looking for it. On June 14 2011 there is an organized protest in the USA. For some odd reason one of the posts is gone now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join