It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists push to implement edible RFID tracking chips in food

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Scientists push to implement edible RFID tracking chips in food

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) It will monitor your calorie intake, show from where your food was sourced, and even let you know when the food in your fridge is about to go bad -- these are some of the enticing claims made by the developers of a new system that embeds edible radio frequency identification (RFID) chips directly into food.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.engadget.com

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've been studying lately about the advances in RFID chips. RFID chips to now be inserted into food products to give all information about the item chosen, whether it's good for you, what temperate to cook it at, and more. However, this can be a cause for concern whether or not it will not just be food tracking, but tracking of people's choices towards less freedom and I'm thinking a new way of consumer tracking for advertising. While it may not stop there, to lead to every facet of our lives.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's Big Brother on steroids.

And as long as the eater isn't the one getting the reports from these little transmitters, and as long as nobody can guarantee there is NO health hazard, we should not even think about allowing it.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SaberTruth because: 2nd line

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There was a thread the other day, about a scientist who discovered he had an RFID chip conveniently located in the same position of one of his shoulders as a Cancerous Tuma, To his knowledge he claimed he had never known this chip was inside of him.

Rather convenient it happened to be in the same area as a cancerous tuma, the article even went on to say how they didnt even find it until they performed surgery on his shoulder to remove the tuma, once the tuma was removed then they found the chip.

For all we know we've all been ingesting these edible cancer chips for years..........

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
There was a thread the other day, about a scientist who discovered he had an RFID chip conveniently located in the same position of one of his shoulders as a Cancerous Tuma, To his knowledge he claimed he had never known this chip was inside of him.

Rather convenient it happened to be in the same area as a cancerous tuma, the article even went on to say how they didnt even find it until they performed surgery on his shoulder to remove the tuma, once the tuma was removed then they found the chip.

For all we know we've all been ingesting these edible cancer chips for years..........

What's a Tuma? Do you mean Tumor?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thank you for bringing this information to my attention. In order for all this to happen...wouldn't laws have to be passed? Do you think they will make it a choice? To me this is really scarey.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They may already be ding this and just want the okay NOW afterwards so if it is found out they are not in a world of trouble. When will the people STOP allowing these invasions of THEIR own bodies? It is UP TO US as humans to decide WHAT we put into our bodies AND NOT the government or any laboratory!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn stupid fecking scientists and manufacturers of THESE STUPID computer chips!!!

We as humans need to stop the corporations NOW!!! By any and all means necessary to protect OUR lives from THEIR intrusions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Very interesting information.
Gives one some food for thought.

Vanishr, please do not let the spelling police deter you from continuing to post.

It seems very rude for someone to correct another persons spelling when it is easy to understand the mispelled word.

Thankfully we do not have an abundance of perfect members on this site that feel it is their duty to correct others.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sorry, but I just had a vision of actually ingesting that little chip so the govt. can follow its path through the nations sewer system. Fecal analysis seems to be the next step in monitoring what the nation consumes and defecates. How is my body processing all of those yummy nutrients and did I in fact sneak an unauthorized Baby Ruth bar into my system?

Oye!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't really think this would be too bad. The range of RFID chips is quite small and it's not as if they're going to stay in your body for too long any way.
edit on 3/6/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The article mentions making eating/preparing meals mindless for the consumer. Like we need more technology to help us NOT think.

Do the chips desolve after consumption? Or are they pooped out later? I read the article, but didn't see anything about that.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blend57

The article mentions making eating/preparing meals mindless for the consumer. Like we need more technology to help us NOT think.

Do the chips desolve after consumption? Or are they pooped out later? I read the article, but didn't see anything about that.

Wow lol, did you quantum access my taughts when posting, I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing.
If they disolve with saliva or when cooking, it might have some benefits.

Although, making us think less? That doesn't sound good.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the sad part is that these edible RFID chips will more then likely have more nutritional value then some of the other junk we get served up as food..
would you like fries with that radio chip?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I read further in the links you provided and they also want to put rfid chips in medicine....and it will tell the powers that be if you are taking your medicine or not...and if it shows you are not...someone will knock on your door and make sure you do....wow!...talk about loss of freedom.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Lol! One of the first thoughts that ran through my head is all. I assunmed they would desolve, but then what does the chemical do that it desolves into? We would probably get rid of most of it when we go to the bathroom, but I would imagine traces of it would linger.

That being said, those traces of it might add up to some sort of desease later. Like cancer or something else. If it isn't made of natural substances, it probably won't be good for our health in the long run. Just saying, how many times have they back tracked and said something was good for you, no wait, its actually bad for you, no wait, it causes cancer....etc..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And combine this type of monitoring with universal healthcare. Not a recipe for success.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Having done little study concerning RFID chips I have some questions you may be able to answer.

Considering a person injests a breakfast of oatmeal and toast, a lunch of a tuna fish salad on lettuce and wheat bread, and a supper of baked chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes, and end the day having ice cream and strawberries that would amount to many different chips in the space of 12 hours or less.

There are also 2 other people living in the same home with different diets that would add many more chips.

Who would own the different frequencys to monitor each chip?

Would this be harmful to the human body?

Who will invent a personal scanner to find and destroy said RFID chips in food?

I would love to be a partner to the person or persons that do develope such a product.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Yes, a ChipBuster! Run your food through a zapper before cooking or eating. As an added bonus, the device also makes the chip send erroneous, "healthy" data to Big Bro. I like it.

Of course, then the ChipBuster will be made illegal, and anyone in possession of one will be branded a terrorist.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SaberTruth because: added a thought...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have an idea, how about people read lables and learn about proper nutrition, I know it sounds crazy but thats just me.
I look forward to the sun throwing a wobbler and rendering technology useless.People need that kind of a shock to show just how dependant on it they are. No wonder the elite refer to us a s useless feeders.
I guess the world will one day be just like the Axium from Wall-E.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think of all of the ideas they've come up with involving use of RFID chips, this is clearly the most asinine. If this story is credible, then it gives the impression that the general population has the intelligence level not much above that of a slug. Of all the useless, unnecessary situations for use of the RFID chip to be considered, this has to be it. I'm realizing that some of the stupidest people exist in the ranks of the scientific community.

What our government and the research community needs to do is stop focusing on ways to police our food consumption and start focusing on ways to eliminate the toxins that are used as ingredients in our foods that have ultimately caused cancer and other health problems.

A person would be insane to ingest any type of microchip that is approved for consumption by our FDA considering the level of proven corruption existing within that agency, not to mention our entire government.

This is good material for a stand-up comedy act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join