It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Years of Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Do we really know the truth about Jesus? What other places may he have traveled and lived. What was he doing and where is the proof. Did he really survive the crucifixion and go to live in India and died as an old man. What rare information never made it into the Roman Bible and why? What about "The Gospel of Thomas"...what important information did he convey?

Please keep an open mind and tell me what you think.

Here are the links:

www.wolflodge.org...

www.wolflodge.org...
edit on 1-6-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Did he really survive the crucifixion and go to live in India and died as an old man?

That's an interesting question there.

Let me ask you a question. Assuming Jesus was a real person, and his apostles therefore were also real people (which they were, Paul for example was well known and his writings still exist today), then on Jesus' death, everyone would be waiting in anticipation of Jesus' resurrection.

Now, if Jesus did not resurrect, and it turned out he was a fraud, would the apostles (especially Paul) continue to preach the gospel and the Truth? IF Jesus died that day for good, why would the apostles go through pain, torment, and persecution, UNLESS Jesus really DID die on the cross and resurrect 3 days later?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Anyone that preaches or teaches anything but the risen Christ has the spirit of antichrist in him..not my words..biblical. Take that and digest it fully.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Did he really survive the crucifixion and go to live in India and died as an old man?

That's an interesting question there.

Let me ask you a question. Assuming Jesus was a real person, and his apostles therefore were also real people (which they were, Paul for example was well known and his writings still exist today), then on Jesus' death, everyone would be waiting in anticipation of Jesus' resurrection.

Now, if Jesus did not resurrect, and it turned out he was a fraud, would the apostles (especially Paul) continue to preach the gospel and the Truth? IF Jesus died that day for good, why would the apostles go through pain, torment, and persecution, UNLESS Jesus really DID die on the cross and resurrect 3 days later?

I appreciate what you have to say...but it is obvious to me you have not bothered to read the links I posted...I wish you would....I myself at this point and time am keeping an open mind......is this true or not....I don't know yet.
edit on 1-6-2011 by caladonea because: correct word

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I actually am taking the time to read it, it is a lot to go through, but I just wanted to share that thought before I forgot about it

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruisedhalo
Anyone that preaches or teaches anything but the risen Christ has the spirit of antichrist in him..not my words..biblical. Take that and digest it fully.

Really....obviously you have not bothered to read the links I posted. That is your choice. I personally am keeping an open mind....is all this true or not.....I am not sure.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only problem I am having is the font colour that is being used on the website. Other than that very interesting. I know the History Channel had a thing about the 40 Lost Days of JC a few months back and that was very interesting as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
jmannuel all the way !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I actually am taking the time to read it, it is a lot to go through, but I just wanted to share that thought before I forgot about it

Thank you! At least someone cared enough to read them.....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bruisedhalo

What translation are you using and what scriptures are you using to support yourself? This is a very big claim to put up here with no support what so ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
reply to post by bruisedhalo

What translation are you using and what scriptures are you using to support yourself? This is a very big claim to put up here with no support what so ever.

Please read the links.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
read the talmud of jmmanuel , its more in detail

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My comment was not a reply to you but rather the person who made the other claim and did nothing but say it was in the bible.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very interesting reading, but I must say this really doesnt change my perceptions much. I think it totally plausible.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the talmud is what the bible should have been !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fazeone1981
read the talmud of jmmanuel , its more in detail

Thank you...I will

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I started this same topic months ago, though it wasn't about if he survived, it was about where he disapeared in the lost 17 years...

Some believe he traveled to india / tibet which is where he learned much of what he taught...

Lost years...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fazeone1981
the talmud is what the bible should have been !

Except that the two books are not compatable. For instance, the Talmud talks a lot about Molech, and little about the true God. The Talmud is an evil book, and is the heart blood of an evil system.

There is some interesting evidence which suggests that Jesus at some point travelled to Corwall, and it is known that his mother's uncle, Joseph of Arimathea was active in the tin trade. Much tin at that time was mined in Cornwall. I have dug deep enough in Bible-related literature to know that Jesus had contacts within the Parthian empire, so I think He travelled there, as well. I don't put much stock in theories that He travelled to Egypt (except as a baby), Tibet, Japan, etc, etc, etc.

However, I have also found that nearly everyone has an angle on Jesus.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861

My comment was not a reply to you but rather the person who made the other claim and did nothing but say it was in the bible.

Hi..I apologize......I am a bit tired today.....I understand now.....when I am tired it takes me a while sometimes..lol

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So, I have read the first link. Not the second yet, but I have read the Gospel of Thomas. It impressed me as a collection of sayings without much in the way of context. As I said, I suspect Jesus was in Parthia, which would put Him halfway to Tibet, etc. However, I also note at the bottom of the article, allegations of Jesus surviving the crucifixion, buried in a tomb. That is simply heresy for almost any form of Christianity. Are they trying to sneak this in with their thrilling tales of Jesus in the East?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join