It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheReturnisNear

Originally posted by allourep
reply to post by allourep

Another thing. I am surprised how many of you bother reading posts like these. How do you have the time? Not only am I surprised about how many posts like this there are, but the comments that follow are endless. "Well, I still haven't read all of your post because its so long, but I will reply when I am done." "Read some of it now but will have to finish when I get home from work." Really? What is there to gain from reading these sort of posts? DO you read every like this that is posted? There are sooooo many.

It is true that some people were better off on Fox News and MSNBC rather than coming here to write and read drivel. You can always go back to the shallow side. No one is requiring your being here. Not God. Not man. Not even the government.

I know you all are afffraid.....I never denied that.........Did you really think that the fear was going to make someone feel bad for you and let you kill yourself off taking the ones who do understand with you.....

The bad seed here is holding back the rest.....The bad seed thinks its the good seed because they are vain

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

With so many conspiracy options (including facts such as Obama's forged Birth Certificate) why do people crank up the negative God comments? You have Fox News and MSNBC to turn to why come here and trash someone's posting with complaints about having to read it or that it is too long? No body is forcing you to come to this site. I didn't see an automatic forwarder from some other site bringing you here and then forcing you to read God threads. Now having said that the original post could have been more summarized, but I did read all of it so I wouldn't miss anything that might be pending. I generally don't walk out of movies for the same reason. This site is really bringing out the atheist complainers lately. Probably because they have absolutely no theories about the universe worth a damn, so all they can do is complain. Cant you do that at CNN's website? I thought they had blogs.
edit on 1-6-2011 by TheReturnisNear because: (no reason given)

Dont sweat the small stuff......How about focusing on something that really matters.....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eloquentmassacre
theres no such thing as a personified 'god' figure, 'heavenly father', what have you. with all the connotation pinned to the word 'god' i don't know how anybody understands this post. let me interject.

there is consciousness.

thats it.

there is no separation, between us as people, between us and some higher power. all there is is a single consciousness that we all share. i prefer to not call it god because of the implications, because what does one think of when the word god is brought up?

some old dude watching everything we do? thats ridiculous.

all that exists is consciousness and the products of it. this world is a mere reflection.

bad things don't happen in the world because of free will, because we don't hand over our lives to the 'will of god'

bad things happen because the world's population is overrun with negative thinking.

First sentence is incorrect so how can anything else be different.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

I have to admit, I stopped too at the mention of god.

Thats the point....Many have admitted to what they have always acted like........Confessions are pouring in by the bucket load........Your vanity is your biggest go to sin globaly

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

theres no such thing as a personified 'god' figure, 'heavenly father', what have you.

First sentence is incorrect so how can anything else be different.

If you claim the statement is incorrect are you able to prove it?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It has become clear to me that one of the strategies of network news is to keep segments short with no depth. It is the same with network movies, shows and all programming. Purposely this is so with an ever shorter and shorter attention span of the masses as the goal. This allows the truth to be totally white washed with the masses lacking any critical analysis.

Now we have these same masses coming to this site and complaining they have to read a long diastribe. Since when was ATS another network news show for the masses?????????????????

YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IT~ YOU DON"T HAVE TO BE HERE. YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM SEVERAL THREADS. STOP YOUR GOD BITCHI*NG. HE IS COMING BACK and he does have a beef with the jerks that make up this planet including you. It bothers you doesn't it? Call this God an alien. Call this God unfair. Call him whatever you want but we are not alone- you will have to account for your time on the planet and it bothers you doesn't it?

Yes it bothers me.........I think im making that clear.......Im embarassed even just for the words that come out of each and every ones mouths

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
Your post was so long that I lost interest. Next time, try getting to the point faster.
2nd line

Next time try to realize when you are being judgmental and see the warning for what it is...Undeniable.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

Yes it bothers me.........I think im making that clear.......Im embarassed even just for the words that come out of each and every ones mouths

As many of us are for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Hey, Kiddo. You sure made a monumental effort there. You are bound to be a writer someday.

I had to stop when you said you did not want to play Q and A.

I was actually making my way through it out of respect for your effort and earnestness, but if we cannot play Q and A then I am out.

Listen, just as an exercise for yourself, you may want to experiment with taking all the 1st person out of your manifesto. It will give it a more scholarly feel and will force you to condense your ideas. Otherwise nice effort as far as what I read. Star for sure.

I am not here for compliments as your kind words are noted and appreciated but the point wasnt to show off my writting skill......It is obvious what my point is and it has been made.

Im playing no games and even if you didnt like what was said or the way it was said changes nothing.....

I love what you were trying to do but now is not the time for networking.....Get ready.....Hope your actions remain a rock and wise.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

theres no such thing as a personified 'god' figure, 'heavenly father', what have you. with all the connotation pinned to the word 'god' i don't know how anybody understands this post. let me interject.

there is consciousness.

thats it.

there is no separation, between us as people, between us and some higher power. all there is is a single consciousness that we all share. i prefer to not call it god because of the implications, because what does one think of when the word god is brought up?

some old dude watching everything we do? thats ridiculous.

all that exists is consciousness and the products of it. this world is a mere reflection.

bad things don't happen in the world because of free will, because we don't hand over our lives to the 'will of god'

bad things happen because the world's population is overrun with negative thinking.

I don't agree with this, but at least it is better, than some idiot coming on here complaining that they have to read something that they don't. As for being watched, it is a lot more indepth than a single God figure. It is happening. Everything is watched and recorded even before Google.
edit on 1-6-2011 by TheReturnisNear because: (no reason given)

Agreed.......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone
you will have to account for your time on the planet and it bothers you doesn't it?

This tactic of threats and fear is really old.

If you insist that there is a posthumous cosmic court of justice then prove it. Otherwise I'm much more bothered by religious fanatics that sell their beliefs with threats and fear.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I predict vague prophecies will continue on ATS into the foreseen future. And even beyond that. Because everyone likes to pretend like they have special knowledge.

I have nothing more than you have.......Only difference is I have made my choice and you still are making yours. Im very detailed in what i said.....Im thinking you must have missed how many people are already complaining about the length alone.

If it was shorter they would all complain about that.....They want it perect and want to do nothing to deserve it....That aint gonna happen....World is being cleansed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I predict vague prophecies will continue on ATS into the foreseen future. And even beyond that. Because everyone likes to pretend like they have special knowledge.

I have nothing more than you have.......Only difference is I have made my choice and you still are making yours. Im very detailed in what i said.....Im thinking you must have missed how many people are already complaining about the length alone.

If it was shorter they would all complain about that.....They want it perect and want to do nothing to deserve it....That aint gonna happen....World is being cleansed.

People are complaining about the length of the OP because it's incoherent. All you're basically doing in this entire thread is judging everyone and dismissing personal belief as if you're some sort of cosmic decider of what's right or wrong. How about giving people some credit and take a break from that high horse on which you reside?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This might be true, but I don't think the original poster was posting any kind of prophecy. It was more like a world view than a prophecy. I think a prophecy would be something like someone speaking of a future event as if he were God speaking of the event. I am not sure your terminology would be correct but then again, in a day and age of general atheism I suppose even terminology (whether you agree with it or not) has lost it's meaning.

Goodness...Even being criticle amongst yourselves....when will the madness stop........I make no prophecy but something is about to happen.....

I have already warned of it and no one can deny that anymore......You are being judged and the world is being cleansed...Thinking about who i am after that sentence is your own fault bc I have already said i dont matter...It is the information that will stand before you when its your turn....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaelMan82
This is, by far, the strangest belief in god thread i've ever come across.

Why is it that the majority of these types of threads result in incoherent conversation?

Because the wolves alwasy decend to wipe them off the map....This time they met one of the ones who wont fail so they have their work cut out for them....

When they retire from sheer lack of energy they will kneel before God while he judges them.....Think he cant know everything about you without even a glance you are just fooling yourself bc it really doesnt change the facts.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The dumbing down of society is a great success story of the age of sound bites. What I mean by successful is that it has happened successfully (even though I don't agree with it). People write less, speak with less critical analysis, want everything in summary form and have lower and lower aptitude for innovation. They settle for political monarchy because it requires less individual thought and as long as the monarch can provide food stamps then that is fine. Never before has so much information been at the disposal of so many people and never before has so many people devolved into simple machines rather than deal with the explosion of facts about our past and probably our future choosing complaint over innovation and reason.

well done..
agreed

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I truly can not believe the attention span of people, especially on ATS. That entire post took me under 5 minutes to read. Yes, it was plagued with grammar and spelling errors, but don't be stupid and stubborn, fill it in. With such active minds on ATS, we should be using to discuss in an intelligent manner, instead of pointing out peoples' spelling errors.

I enjoyed this thread, although I don't necessarily believe in God, certainly of no exact religion. The idea of God is fantastic, and I'd love to think that there is more to life than our pitiful existence as it is for face value. But, I think the worse thing for any person to do is think or care that their being judged. Whether by God, or by other people. We should do what seems right to ourselves, for people who worry about being judged are the ones who do good like it's a chore, not from their heart.
There are people who will believe genocide is the right thing to do, while others find helping their neighbor the good thing to do. It provides balance to our world, and we should only be ourselves from our heart tells us. And please, don't take that as I'm condoning genocide.
Don't worry about being judged, # that. Be yourself, because if we all put on this stupid damn facade of who someone else wants us to be, we're all lost. Know yourself, and stop caring what other people, or God, thinks of you. No matter your actions, if you don't believe in them, you're just as bad as the thoughts going through your head.
There are too many people who seem wonderful and beautiful on the outside, but are moral lepers on the inside.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Why is it that the majority of these types of threads result in incoherent conversation?

Because the wolves alwasy decend to wipe them off the map....This time they met one of the ones who wont fail so they have their work cut out for them....

When they retire from sheer lack of energy they will kneel before God while he judges them.....Think he cant know everything about you without even a glance you are just fooling yourself bc it really doesnt change the facts.

A fact is something you can prove. Not something you claim to be true without any evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Because the information is too hard to process by txt mssging and requires critical analysis. Something that was lost with the television and you might not get it back.

Some see incoherant but there is something those do not see........changes happening so i call it effective.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

A god with such qualities is a jackass.

It's too bad you fail to realize this.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join