It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEADLINE LIVE EXCLUSIVE: Los Zetas Kept Anti-Aircraft Shoulder Missiles at Falcon Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
deadlinelive.info...

DeadlineLive.info has learned that Mexican drug cartels have now begun to use Russian-made anti-aircraft shoulder missiles to shoot down military and police helicopters, such as the one that went down last week in Michoacan. Furthermore, some of these missiles were being kept at Falcon Lake, on the Texas-Mexico border by members of Los Zetas.

For many days, Mexican authorities had been quiet about the weapons arsenal they found. However, it was reported by the Mexican newspaper La Cronica de Hoy that the weapons cache found at Falcon Lake also included anti-aircraft shoulder missiles.

mexican newspaper

These people are extremely organized and very deadly. These cartels are getting more frightening as time goes on.Im wondering how they got ahold of Russian anti aircraft missles?
Sinaloa Cartel serching for Anti Aircraft Missles

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Los Zetas rival the strength of the Mexican military without the corruption or inaptitude.

They have access to anything. ANYTHING. Guns, drugs, money, cars, bombs. You name it.

There is little that the American or Mexican governments can really do at this point.

And they tried to blame the US for the violence in Mexico

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow if they can get military hardware, can they have nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
No the violence in Mexico is not the fault of the US. These guys are just so big its starting to spill over. They cartels are now just fighting over who's going to run Mexico. The military cant seem to even put a dent in thier activity.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, I guess thats even more confirmation that they have pretty hardcore hardware. It was just a few months ago when we figured out they were smuggling drugs using submarines. Plus the police found one of their "narco-tanks".

What will we find next???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hmmmmm Isn't Falcon Lake where the Jet Skiiers were attacked and the husband was killed?

Russian Artillary now in the hands of the Bad Guys. Probably better then if MORE U.S. weapons were discoverd I suppose. Then we would be REALLY outraged I guess.

Still not good.

And pray for the family of the reporter whose name is at the end of that article.

They'll need it.

Those guys are equal opportunity murderers.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Falcon Lake is the place. Im suprised this was even reported , most journalists are too scared to report on them anymore after all the deaths.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is not all that difficult to imagine the Cartels having military hardware. After all they do make more money from illicit trade than the total Gross National Product of the United States.

Just be glad they are using the weapons against each other, and not on us. Would be another Mexican - American war, if they ever got wise and worked together.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Money creates a lust for power.
Power creates a lust for money.

I made that up. Its pretty good. Star me.

So by making drugs illegal, the drug
gangs become billionaires. Then they
want power, so they buy off or intimidate
with death threats the government.
This will be the norm here soon if
drugs remain illegal.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
according to BATF they get 'em at texas gun shows

yeah there armed to the teeth and people in boarder states are being disarmed (by our government) and removed from their land every time the cartels shift the boarders further noreth

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Weren't the legislatures trying to ban gun sales because our weapons were being used in Mexico by drug lords? This drives the point home, that criminals, no matter their agenda for getting weapons, will always obtain weapons no matter where they can get them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Criminals will get them from wherever they can. I am afraid this is going to rally the anti gun lobby. The thing is , if these guys have weapons, we need to be able to have them to protect our own families here on the border. These guys are going to get them no matter what. I don"t know about anywhere else, but at the guns shows here in texas they do a back ground check, and people do have to pass them.
edit on 1-6-2011 by stonebutterfly because: brain fart

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Also, if they can explain where a person can buy shoulder fired rocket launchers legally in the United States, then I might support a ban on that. But I am afraid, like you stated, that anti-gun lobby's will slant the issue here and place blame on legitimate gun owners.

new topics

top topics

join