It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Seeding over Billings Montana.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know the debunkers are out in force tonight, but I've been waiting my 20 posts to finally post my own little story. Now I'm not going to claim this is "chem trails" nor do I think they are normal contrails either.

The date and time are with the photos so I'm not going to get into that. However not seen in the pics is the fact that I watched one jet do all of this. (Yes there is a major air port in Billings, and an air force base NW of here in Great Falls.)

Montana,WY, and North and South Dakota have been talking about cloud seeing for years now.Source

However since seeing this it's been raining here almost non stop. Billings its self has seen record amounts of rain fall, and other local towns have been flooding. Yes I know it's spring/summer time, and there is snow melt that factors into all this as well, but it's been ages since we've seen rain and flooding this bad in this area of the state.
Source
Could this be an example of cloud seeding gone bad? or could it be a test for weather mod. as a weapon??
I'm not saying it's either, just something to chew on.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Caintic because: for source add

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know... I don't know about "cloud seeding" or whatever, but SOMETHING weird is definitely going on these days - I guess it's just Al Gore and Global Warming... I dunno.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Caintic

there is no way to definitively say that those are not chemtrails however they do look like regular contrails, and do not look anything at all like cloud seeding which is done within cumulus clouds and does not leave long streaming tails no matter the method. be it silver iodide flares, CO2 (dry ice) or any of the other commonly known methods for cloud seeding. so whatever those are pictures of i can say 100% that it is indeed not cloud seeding.

without chemical analysis there is no way to tell 100% but my call is regular contrails.
edit on 30-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: typo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am not sure, but I think to cloud seed, you need clouds.(actually I am pretty sure)

I believe that they do not make clouds out of nothing. They start with a cloud and try to boost it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
by the way just for informational purposes cloud seeding never is creation of clouds, it is "seeding" existing clouds forcing them to precipitate. there is also cloud busting (attempting to dissipate cumulus clouds or delay rainfall) however i think this is still in the experimental phasees
but i am unfamiliar with the methods used for that nor am i familiar with the chemicals used or what it looks like so i will not comment.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No. That's not cloud seeding. Those are contrails
This is cloud seeding

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would normal agree with you on normal contrails, however I've been watching the sky around here as well as in great falls for awhile and I've never seen contrails spread out like this in this area anyway. I know it happens, just saying around here it doesn't happen very often.

As for it needing clouds to seed.

The two trails in those pics are the same two trails from my first pic that i posted.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just looked up pictures of cloud seeding and looks the same as your pictures. I also found two types of cloud seeding programs - ground based cloud seeding and aerial cloud seeding. I can't believe all the information I pulled up on this. I guess it's no longer a secret. Sounds much nicer than chemtrails too. For example this website list worldwide seeding programs including many in the United States... www.weathermodification.com...

I think it started as a good idea (times of draught, for example) but like anything else someone's with alternative motives turn something meant for good to be used for bad.... Yes, I believe they MAY be intentionally creating flooding but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me..... Maybe we need all this rain and just don't know why....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Caintic

I see the same thing about five days a week in SC. You said you watched the same plane create those. What did the plane look like? Did you zoom in on it with a camera? The reason I ask is because I have zoomed in and they look like Shiny Tylenol with no wings. Many look transparent. After I noticed that myself I found videos on Youtube talking about Holographic Planes spraying Chemtrails although we dont know if it is chemicals or just a way to block something. Maybe they are created clouds like you said. Please check out the planes very closely next time if you havent already.

If people are seeing those lines all over the world can you imagine how many planes must be flying in order to do this task. To me they look very odd. Time will tell what they do and who is doing it. The truth will come out.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I tried to zoom, but all I had was the camera on my phone and I just couldn't get close enuff to see for sure what the jet looked like. Like I said there is malmstrom afb in Great Falls (about 2 hours drive from here) However that AFB and it's goings on is for a completely different subject lol.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If anything...I see a classic X pattern... I live in Great Falls Mt. and while taking my girls to school I noticed this odd...very odd... cloud in the sky that wasn't running right with the rest of the clouds...I took the picture with my IPhone so I couldn't get the detail that my own eyes seen. I think I got enough for you to get the idea. It actually looks to me like a rocket tail... (?) I don't know. I do not know enough about clouds to know if this is a natural cloud caused by.....................environment

Original

Modified/brightness decreased

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by katndew

Can you post those pictures of cloud seeding that look like contrails?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I lived in great falls for awhile. and I can say that I've seen this up there as well, and I'm sure it's probably a missile, however malmstrom afb will claim there are no silos around GF or in Montana for that matter.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It looks like the humidity on the date on the photo was at a maximum pf 89%.

Moisture
Dew Point 49 °F
Average Humidity 76
Maximum Humidity 89
Minimum Humidity 63

www.wunderground.com/h istory/airport/KBIL/2011/5/22/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Billings&req_state=MT&req_statename=Montana

That is pretty high. Contrails are directly related to humidity, altitude, and temperature.
I think that this could be your "chemtrail" solution.

This is the reason for your lingering contrails. I did the research a long time ago.

Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. Vapor pressure is just a fancy term for the amount of pressure that is exerted by water vapor itself (as opposed to atmospheric, or barometric, pressure which is due to the weight of the entire atmosphere above you). The mixing occurs directly behind the plane due to the turbulence generated by the engine. If condensation (conversion from a gas to a liquid) occurs, then a contrail becomes visible. Since air temperatures at these high atmospheric levels are very cold (generally colder than -40 F), only a small amount of liquid is necessary for condensation to occur. Water is a normal byproduct of combustion in engines..

This here explains how they can linger for some time.

The length of time that a contrail lasts is directly proportional to the amount of humidity that is already in the atmosphere. A drier atmosphere leads to a more short-lived contrail, while an atmosphere that has more humidity will lead to longer-lived contrails. However, if the atmosphere is too dry, no contrails will form. Occasionally a jet plane, especially if ascending or descending, will pass through a much drier or more moist layer of atmosphere which may result in a broken pattern to the contrail, with it appearing in segments rather than in one continuous plume.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

Weather conditions obviously change. You might not have noticed the contrails before you started to read this baloney chemtrail topic. It isn't happening.
edit on 30-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Caintic

and I'm sure it's probably a missile,

I do not wish to be rude, but please read up on what is above your head.

beep beep.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

i wasnt talking about my pic
second line
edit on 31-5-2011 by Caintic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

again never said this was a chem trail. I was talking about cloud seeding. As for never noticing contrails before finding out about chemtrails. it's just not true, I've had my eyes in the sky for some time now.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caintic

again never said this was a chem trail. I was talking about cloud seeding. As for never noticing contrails before finding out about chemtrails. it's just not true, I've had my eyes in the sky for some time now.

Now I'm not going to claim this is "chem trails" nor do I think they are normal contrails either.

I will go back and edit my post on Slayer's thread. I am currently engaged in a couple of discussions. I have several windows open. I opened the wrong windoiw up on the WW comment. My bad. A little error on my part.

Now I'm not going to claim this is "chem trails" nor do I think they are normal contrails either.

Now this is a little confusing though. This is pretty much how a chemmy starts. Sorry man.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Now this is a little confusing though. This is pretty much how a chemmy starts. Sorry man.

The reason i worded it that way was because I had never seen a contrail disperse the way these ones did. At least not in this area.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You can put your insight here if you would like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not trying to pimp my thread. I would like your honest opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join