It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yourmaker's UFO video/discussion thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I originally made this post in the "Big elongated object in earth atmosphere" thread.

I don't usually make threads but here goes.

Originally posted by yourmaker

I filmed this like 2 days ago and i'm still not sure what it is. and yes, you can't focus on it with a camera for whatever reason but it's there. thoughts?

please excuse my language at the end of the video, as you can imagine I wasn't sure what I was seeing.

questions about the video:

"did you see it with your own eyes or after you started recording? If it's the second, please provide the whole video, if the first - more information would come in handy. " - ch1n1t0

I noticed one of them first way out there flying around an eagle which made me turn on my camera initially.
I was sitting at a red light so I tried to see, pushed record and ended up getting the 2 closer visuals on the right.
while you could see it clearly, on camera when you go to zoom in, the focus would cut and then the one drops and the other above to the right drops down as well after being at the top of the shot in the start.
This is the full video. Just for clarification i'm using a JVC everio HDD (GZ-MG330RU).

I'll be happy to answer any questions or add to the discussion.

edit on 30-5-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The black dot/object goes out of focus and later appears on the top right. Is that what you are talking about?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
The black dot/object goes out of focus and later appears on the top right. Is that what you are talking about?

actually i'm under the belief that they are 2 seperate objects as the one out of focus slides down towards the powerlines and you can actually see the top right one very briefly while in view of the other.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Not sure what it is :/

i see the one you are focusing on at :19 move down between the two power lines at :21

also from :20 to :21 you can see the other one move from out of the clouds, down infront of the top of it.

Well im confsued

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesprototype

Not sure what it is :/

i see the one you are focusing on at :19 move down between the two power lines at :21

also from :20 to :21 you can see the other one move from out of the clouds, down infront of the top of it.

Well im confsued

I'm as confused as you. They weren't even the ones I was initially looking at, there was only one when I went to turn on my camera. I suppose this is not a UFO sighting, but multiple UFO's rather.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

On Topic; Kinda weird how you cant focus on the object

Off Topic; Ah,the Purple Tape

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I saw something very similar on 5.20.2011 above Tyson's Corner, Virginia while stopped at a traffic light. It was about 7:45 PM. There was a small, from my vantage point, black object travelling in a steady straight line. I was only able to look at it for about 15 seconds max before the light changed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The camera goes out of focus in the same manner many camera's lose focus on an object that is closer than the dominating landscape behind it.

It looks like something on your window, like a fly or a couple flies. Maybe a couple of other types of insects on the window that go out of focus as the camera zooms in and changes focus as it keeps the sky and clouds in focus.

I am not telling you I believe that is what this is and you must be mistaken that you saw the objects in the distance. I am simply suggesting that this scenario would easily explain why the object goes out of focus as the camera zooms in.

How confident are you that the objects were, in fact, some distance away and not on your windscreen or side windows?

Do you think it is at all possible that your eyes may have been playing tricks on you and your depth perception was effected by a sort of optical illusion?

Do you feel there is any chance at all you could be mistaken and the objects appear farther away than what they really are?

What happened with the objects after you stopped filming?

Did anyone else in the surrounding cars or the surrounding area see these objects in the sky?

If there were other witnesses, did you talk with them? If so, what was their idea about the objects?

If you did talk with other witnesses, were any of them able to film or photograph the objects with better focus?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
The camera goes out of focus in the same manner many camera's lose focus on an object that is closer than the dominating landscape behind it.

It looks like something on your window, like a fly or a couple flies. Maybe a couple of other types of insects on the window that go out of focus as the camera zooms in and changes focus as it keeps the sky and clouds in focus.

I am not telling you I believe that is what this is and you must be mistaken that you saw the objects in the distance. I am simply suggesting that this scenario would easily explain why the object goes out of focus as the camera zooms in.

How confident are you that the objects were, in fact, some distance away and not on your windscreen or side windows?

Do you think it is at all possible that your eyes may have been playing tricks on you and your depth perception was effected by a sort of optical illusion?

Do you feel there is any chance at all you could be mistaken and the objects appear farther away than what they really are?

What happened with the objects after you stopped filming?

Did anyone else in the surrounding cars or the surrounding area see these objects in the sky?

If there were other witnesses, did you talk with them? If so, what was their idea about the objects?

If you did talk with other witnesses, were any of them able to film or photograph the objects with better focus?

"How confident are you that the objects were, in fact, some distance away and not on your windscreen or side windows? "

the very first thing I checked was my windshield. I completely understand where you are coming from.
I made sure there wasn't two little black dots. it is indeed spotted with bugs but nothing that would obscure the vision or create illusions. but tomorrow I will experiment. i'll film out the front of the window again to make sure.
I immeditately posted this video, no editing, it's not cut or anything.

"How confident are you that the objects were, in fact, some distance away and not on your windscreen or side windows? "

the reason I picked up my camera was because I saw something flying around this eagle way out there.
I wanted to see what it was. pushed record and then the two main UFO's, the one that cannot be focused on, and the one further up that drops down into the clouds came into view.

"What happened with the objects after you stopped filming?"

moments after the recording ended I was making the turn.

"Do you think it is at all possible that your eyes may have been playing tricks on you and your depth perception was effected by a sort of optical illusion?"

I saw the first two objects. The first one was way out in the distance. The second appeared in my peripherals and I moved the camera over to film it, it became apparent that you cannot zoom on it where then it dropped altitude considerably and out of the image, the other UFO which I did not see comes into the picture here.

"Did anyone else in the surrounding cars or the surrounding area see these objects in the sky?"

My friend was sitting in the car beside me, he didn't see anything, but I didn't say anything until after I had said "wtf"
he replied with, "what?", I said, "nothing, I thought I just saw a UFO", then we just kept driving.
He isn't my friend I normally talk about these things with or I would have said something more during the moment.
He's the guitarist in my band and he hates our other friend who always talks UFO's so I chose to go with the non-chalant response.

"If there were other witnesses, did you talk with them? If so, what was their idea about the objects?

If you did talk with other witnesses, were any of them able to film or photograph the objects with better focus?"

no because I just kept driving. It all happened quite quickly. Just enough time for me to grab my camera and film it which seems almost pure luck now that I see it for what it is.

"Do you feel there is any chance at all you could be mistaken and the objects appear farther away than what they really are?"

I could be mistaken but the film isn't, it's kind of set in stone now.
Trying to think of each moment is difficult, but i'm fairly certain it happened as such.
The first object was certainly way out there. but the second wasn't.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
the more I watch it, i'm convinced it's something and not on my windshield or in my brain.
It has movement and disappears. I believe in UFO's to a certain degree. there are possibilities i'm willing to accept.
but craft with the ability to cloak from someones camera? seems so over the top.
and let's say it is a craft? what is it's primary function?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i see 3 of them, but i think its dust, insect, on the window of the car...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I take this into account, but when I look really closely around :13 seconds, the camera's image is stationary yet the object continues to move. Also, if it were on the window, wouldn't it be in the exact same place when I zoom in the second time?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be

even though it moves on it's own? and isn't in the same place as the original shot?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

even though it moves on it's own? and isn't in the same place as the original shot?

Hmmm, i cannot see it move, but it is a fact, it disappeared at the end, while the upper spot is still visible... That is strange, unless wind did blow the spec away or it was some insect....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hmmm, i cannot see it move, but it is a fact, it disappeared at the end, while the upper spot is still visible... That is strange, unless wind did blow the spec away or it was some insect....

my friend just made the point that at around 20-22seconds, while zooming into the object that disappears, the other object is dropping down at the same time.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
On your Youtube channel, the main personal website you link to, is a CGI site

gfxeffectx.com...

Whats it like, is it useful as I'm always interested in other peoples work.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
On your Youtube channel, the main personal website you link to, is a CGI site

gfxeffectx.com...

Whats it like, is it useful as I'm always interested in other peoples work.

it's useful if you're an artist. eventually we'll have a recording studio and warehouse for artists in downtown vancouver.
you can post your work and they'll tell you what you could fix and what's good. any kind of art as well.
but I don't do CGI, or any art except music. I play bass in a band.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

edited version with music, slow motion, upside down and other effects

you should watch it in full screen though to catch subtle changes that cannot be seen in the smaller view.

a couple things i've noticed since seeing it like this.

the object makes a serious S curve at a high rate of speed.

it goes behind the powerlines

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Greets yourmaker

Sorry I couldn't jump right in the thread, as I had to go to sleep.

Thanks for answering my questions from the previous thread!

My initial thoughts were that these could very well be (as someone mentioned here) dust or dirt on your window, which would explain the reason it disappears as you try zooming in and the focus changes. However, there are two things that certainly make this video interesting - first, from your answers, as far as I understood you saw them with your bare eyes (correct me, if I'm wrong). How did they look from your POV, can you confirm for sure that this wasn't anything located near your car or on your window? People can easily tell dirt on the window with their eyes (not so easy with videos though) so I guess if I understood correctly, this isn't the case.

The second interesting thing is when you zoom in the third time. As I already said, it looks as if the object detected you filming it and tried to hide itself (I've heard about such cases, look for one of the UFO hunters episodes, I think it was the Giant Triangles one). For it to be dust, insect or anything of that sort, it sure as hell was an eery coincidence that it moved downwards in the manner I'm seeing and placed itself around the el. cables just when you were filming it from that exact angle.

I can tell for sure that we can't point the finger and shout Ze Aliens... However, in my opinion it's either an elaborate hoax (which I personally doubt) or something we won't be able to explain.

Thanks for creating this thread, we'll see what other people have to say about it

edit to add - Now I see esteay812 has asked some pretty good questions and you've already answered those, thanks! Trying to make the same with your cam in your car is a good idea, don't hesitate and do it!

cheers
edit on 30-5-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's a bitch trying to focus on a small object like that. Where is this yourmaker?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join