It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that C/2010 X1 is not a Comet as US Govt/NASA states, but is something extremley larger in mas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Humans, by way of corporate greed and ill planned tourism, are causing more speceis to go extinct then any small to medium asteroid could ever accomplish. How ironic would it be if todays apex predators meet the same fate of the dinosaurs millions of years ago? It would suck for us, but for other species it would be a great breather I suppose.

Humans seem incapable of solving problems and too trustworthy of their governments.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker, the OP is just another Elenin troll.

We really need a new term to apply to these guys.

How about "TrollNIN"?

If you've got a better/wittier one then I'd be happy to go with it.

Elenit-wit

NINny Troll?

I'll go with that.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
old news + elenin was discovered less than a year ago. U can find hundreds of videos on youtube from all points of view.

but the only link u really need is this one;
spaceobs.org...

btw; nothing bad will happen, as always.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, we're pretty much up the creek no matter what I guess, despite evidence and precedent to the contrary.

Is it shady that there are no images of the comet? Yeah sure, but these alignments are only alignments on a 2d space on the JPL site, just because they "line up" in 2d space does not take into account that the "object" is not in alignment once you take into consideration it's position ABOVE or BELOW the elliptical plane in 3d space.

IF there is a huge conspiracy to keep us in the dark over the "true" nature of the "object", why do they even have info on the government/NASA run websites?

Not trying to debunk the claims, just pointing out some glaring inconvenient truths of the matter.

The case of Leonid Elenin is strange, there were little to no records of him working where he was to be working when it was discovered, his name, while it may be PURE coincidence, is a little suspicious.

Strange that you have it with a 3600 year orbit, though. The data provided by NASA does not corroborate this claim, a case of you reading a little more into it then the data provides? Just conveniently matches the theory of Niburu postulated by Zecharia Sitchen.

So just to be clear:

9/11/2011 - The REAL Elenin (Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near) is going to kick our sorry butts, but 3600 years ago it didn't, this time though it's for real. Check.

10/21/2011 - Camping says we're going to see the end of the world, again, this time for real the previous 2 times were just flukes. Check.

We're safe for Christmas this year, right? BUT....

12/21/2012 - It is the End Of The World, a galactic alignment foretold by the Mayans, and now amazingly, backed up by every prophecy out there from Nostradamus to the I Ching. Check.

Again, not trying to debunk, but the chicken little thing is complexing the issue to no end. If someone was to now come forward with actual information of grave import, we have to be skeptical automatically, not due to "Disinfo" agents, but because of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" too many times.

"They" aren't complicating the issues, Theorists that have not fully vetted their own hypothesis' are.

Are my bags packed? Hell yeah they are, just cause everyone has a theory, sound or not, as to calamity that will befall us does not impact the old Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared".

It takes no genius, no theory to see that this world has befallen a great many tragedies throughout history, some that have reshaped the face of the planet, it's just being prudent and smart to be prepared for an incident.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Okay, so the title of this thread says "proof"...

7 pages later and I'm still waiting see the unassuming, non-speculative, falsifiable scientific data...

Anyone ?
Bueller ?
Bueller ?

I'm fairly new to ATS but it's quite apparent that few understand scientific method, never mind the concept of falsifiable data.

We're just pissing in the wind here...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by peacenotgreed

Don't believe the government line because not one private astronomer has ever found this comet. They have all seen a Brown Dwarf fast approaching from another angle. The Government wants everyone to look the wrong way when its to late.

Leonid Elenin? Really? They think you all are really stupid. So they want you to believe that a Russian who is named after an Asteriod system with ELE in his last name discovered this COMET THAT NO ONE CAN SEE.

Astronomers can and have seen it. It's picture has been published in several journals and magazines (Sky and Telescope was one). It has also been published online several times.

If you put the details of the comet ("C/2010 X1") into Google Search and click on "Images" you will see there are very many.

I am an amateur astronomer and have seen this comet. It requires a reasonable telescope.

At present, due to its size and distance, it just appears as a small dot and is not particularly exciting.

What you posted above is an outright and obvious lie and/or very poorly researched. I will therefore identify you as a "NINny Troll".

Nothing to see, move along...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
What about the fact that a few European countries have this comet's trajectory on their currency? Why? Because it's significant to human kind.

poleshift.ning.com...

The comet path shown on the Swiss Franc is elliptical. Comet C/2010 X1's path is hyperbolic.

When C/2010 X1 passes out of our solar system, it will never return.

So the comet depicted on the Franc is obviously not this one.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Originally posted by cal71919
It was my understanding that the "comets/brown dwarf's" approach was from the south (in regards to the planets elliptical plane) so it would only be visible from the southern most part of Earth. Which is why the observatory's where built in Antarctica. And why is it that people who think these conspiracy theories are ridiculous yet they're on this site everyday? Unless of course they get paid to monitor these type of site's and cast doubt on anything that comes close to the truth.
you hit on two of my fav points....the 7 countries placing observatories high in the Andes and at the pole itself....obviously to watch something coming in off the South polar eliptic...and the people who seem to live on threads about topics they despise and attack anyone who posts something out of the ordinary....if they hate it so much why bother with the thread at all?...paid trolls at best

High on mountains, in cold climates, close to the poles are excellent positions for optical astronomy.

The conditions equate to "good seeing" as there is less atmospheric interference in the images.

The people who are posting true scientific information here are denying ignorance.

It is you who are a "NINny Troll".

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can't believe this tripe is still floating around.

I guess that's all I have to say about it at this point.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

even if NASA lied to us, thousands amateur astronomers would have seen it

this comet doesn't even close to us 34 M KM !

www.2012hoax.org...

edit on 30-5-2011 by keops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Weedwacker,
It is not the mass that counts in the gravitational effects so muchas it is the DENSITY.

We don't have long to wait to find out do we?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yep unscientific nonsense - a NINny troll indeed!
edit on 30/5/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Weedwacker,
It is not the mass that counts in the gravitational effects so muchas it is the DENSITY.

We don't have long to wait to find out do we?

No, it isn't the density.

The equation that describes the force that could potentially be applied gravitationally is:

F = M * A

where F = Force, M = Mass and A = acceleration (due to gravity).

Mass = density times volume so even if the density is high, if the volume is low, the mass will be low and therefore the force will also be low (young Padawan).

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have been avoiding every single ELENIN thread on ATS for a while.

But, seeing as they are not going away on their own,
I guess I'll have to look into it myself.
BRB with my own research.

/* Google-Fu activate

David Grouchy

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think people who are quick to jump to irrational conclusions have not read any of Val Valerian or Zecharia Sitchin material. I am not going to call them misinformation artists yet, but here is some valuable information--

Nibiru: Getting rid of smoke and mirrors

By Peter Farley

So much of what we have learned about the alien race known as the Anunnaki, both through Zecharia Sitchin's work and others, should convince us of at least two things:

one, that these creatures are not very nice

two, they are not always honest in terms of how they manipulate human beings

The truth is the Anunnaki are an alien race whose home planet is Sirius B, the 'poorer neighbor' of the Sirians and Sirius A.

Remember the Dogon tribe of Mali, West Africa, whose astronomical lore goes back thousands of years to 3200 BC. Remember their fascination with this, until recently, 'undiscovered' planet. That is because this was the home of their mentors, the Anunnaki, these 'second class' reptilian offspring.

In an interview with Val Valerian, Alex Collier explained what he knew of the Nibiruans:

"What I know of them in terms of their genetic stock is that the word itself, Niburu, is a word of Orion origin which I am told means 'the joining of two tribes'. Apparently this original tribe was created as a marriage between a princess of reptilian-human ancestry from Orion and a group from Sirius of human origin. It was a marriage of alliance, millions of years ago."

Their means of travel through space is fairly primitive in terms of other alien races, although they do have spacecraft that are able to maneuver through the various wormholes and portals in space to get from one side of the galaxy to the other. For this purpose, they have also established a way-station on Io, one of the moons of Jupiter.

Located nearest the end to one of the portals they use which leads into the area of space near their own home planet. What was written into the movie (or book) 2010 about Io was meant to awaken people to the possibility of these beings using planets or planetoids for their home bases in space.

The Anunnaki's spacecraft varied in size depending on the needs of their circumstances.

They have what would be called 'mother-ships' large enough to transport them safely through the portals and back, also to get them from Io to Earth and back. They then have smaller craft shuttle craft to take them from the planet's surface to their 'space station' circling the Earth in geosynchronous orbit. The shuttles then went to their motherships which did not stay in the area all the time the Anunnaki were on the planet. These came and went at regular intervals, depending on the schedule of the opening and closing of the wormholes and their portals.

To a human being of today, let alone one in those days and of that primitive state of consciousness, a Nibiruan mothership of the Anunnaki would seem like a planet and would best be explained as such, especially in a culture where there weren't already words to explain such things as UFOs and quantum physics.

The wormholes and portals through which the Nibiruans travel to get to and from our solar system are thus not always open, and exact timing is needed to be able to travel from one area of space to the other. Hence the necessity for the exact locating and alignment with the stars, and also the need for an accurate calendar to plan their comings and goings.

These celestial measurements allowed them to travel home on a regular basis, and not to get stuck here on Earth at times when it was not beneficial to be here. The cycle of these portals opening and closing is along the lines of 3600 years, and they remain open for periods of two to three hundred years at a time, sufficient time for the Anunnaki to come and go and still appear as the gods that everybody thought they were.

It is the opening of the portals that occurs every 3600 years, not the actual physical planet coming around and traveling through the solar system. This is the reason for the alignment of most of their 'sacred' sites to the stars for the calculation of these times, especially to the planet Jupiter.

Hence nibiru/planet x is synonymous with annukaki planetoid flagship and has nothing to do with comets or brown dwarf stars. This planetoid supposedly orbits around nemesis which is the sister of our sun. Thus the aliens get a free ride so to speak. Muahaaha

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by captainKing098

Again....you simply are not understanding what you read!!!:

Its temperature is too low to to be able to see easily. en.wikipedia.org...

That is talking about such objects that are NOT NEAR ANOTHER STAR!! If such a thing were IN our Solar System, the Sun's light would reflect off of it!!! Just as we can see Venus, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, etc.
But, such an object, out in DEEP space, is much harder to *spot* and detect.

Earth wasnt the only planet effected either. www.jpl.nasa.gov...

READ more carefully, again....the article on Mars talks about events in its ANCIENT past!!!! Examining possible reasons why its atmosphere is so thin, now. Things that happened millions or BILLIONS of years ago!

Do try to pay closer attention....this topic is full of these sorts of misunderstandings, and this is what leads to the FEAR-mongering...

LMFAO

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
reply to post by weedwhacker

Why would they spend so much money at this point in time on a telescope in the middle of the Antarctic?

Why waste money if it is a ELE? Why not build a sky of candyfloss a skittles rainbow and a icecream mountain
an ocean of chocolate and a raft of ganja.
Peace and pass me another piece of the boat.

edit on 30-5-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: Wrong quote. I thought the raft left without me.Now about those oars.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It would be nice if it could just collide into Earth and end everything on this planet.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/055754640b45.png[/atsimg]

Here is the latests Elenin photo
from an observatory in Austrailia, dated May 6th 2011

As to the brown dwarf theory . . .
From what I can find it already should have perterbed the orbit of Saturn.

Tonight May 30th 2011
Saturn should be touching the star Porrima (HIP 61941 A, in the Virgo constelation), or right next to it. Porrima should be on the right side of Saturn when viewed from earth.

Easy enough to check.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
As stated several times in the first page, Elenin was not discovered until December of 2010. There is now way you could have been researching this comet for a year.
Secondly, Zecharia Sitchin who "discovered" Nibiru by translating Ancient Sumerian tablets said that the last time Nibiru caused an apocolypse on earth was around 600-700 BC, Meaning that Nibiru will not return until 2900 AD.
Lastly, No one will ever know if it will happen until it happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join