It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: How Many Chernobyls Is It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Fukushima Daiichi Equals 50 Plus Chernobyls!!
so says dr. michio kakau, a renowned theoretical physicist.

tjis article clearly gives the reasons why i have utter contempt for the sheer stupidity of those who push the nuclear power agenda. and also those responsible for building such dangerous and difficult to control machines of death for the whole planet. not on;y do they build them, but they put them at sea level in places that have a known reputation for earthquakes and tsunamis. 100 years before in that area a wave reached 126 feet. these people are worse than stupid. they have gained a little knowledge and presume they are scientific gods. all over the world scientists and governments have no idea what to do with the deadly waste and still they continue.

the article can be read in its entirety at

www.veteranstoday.com...

long term, unless necessity can mother an invention to neutralize radioactivity, this planets inhabitants are finally doomed to extinction, like many civilizations before. perhaps TPTB already have the invention and welcome this chance to reduce the worlds population.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
50, is that all ? No wonder its not on the news anymore,What we need is a real disaster ,one where you can see the problem .radiation although bad is invisible and therefore not good for ratings.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm always surprised at how many people give me a strange look when I mention about the meltdown of the reactors in Japan. They usually say "you know, now that you mention it, I havent heard anything about Japan for a while" It's sad when the stuff that the media SHOULD be reporting to us goes silent and the crap about Kim Kardashian's huge butt is all over the place.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Um, it's not 50x Chernobyl. It's probably going to be 1-2x, and at the max probably 5x. It is not 50x.
But we can't be certain yet, seeing as it hasn't stopped leaking yet.
The only thing that we can be certain of right now is that at some point it will have leaked more radiation than Chernobyl.
It has not leaked more radiation than Chernobyl at this point, but it will soon catch up and even overpass Chernobyl.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Actually OP, Dr Michio Kaku never said any such thing. Maybe you should reread your linked source article again.

As for your source, Veterans Today is a little shady.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find it strange that when I mention Japan in regards to radiation people don't seem to want to talk
about it. Its like out of mind - out of sight. I think about it everyday, several times a day. Its always there
lurking in my thoughts. It is frightening to say the least, but it leaves one not knowing what to do, how to
respond, how to help. I worry for the children of today and future generations. I am concerned about the
animal kingdom, they are blind to what might be before them - as are we all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
I'm always surprised at how many people give me a strange look when I mention about the meltdown of the reactors in Japan. They usually say "you know, now that you mention it, I havent heard anything about Japan for a while" It's sad when the stuff that the media SHOULD be reporting to us goes silent and the crap about Kim Kardashian's huge butt is all over the place.

Yep I get the same response. I'll drop a link on Facebook and get a bunch of "I thought that was over" or "Wow how come that's not on the news" and on and on.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

you're right! i attributed it to the wrong source but i do believe the situation is extremely serious.

here's an extract;-

"Dr Paolo Scampa, a widely know EU Physicist, single handedly popularized the easily understood Lethal Doses concept. “Lethal Doses” is a world wide, well understood idea that strips Physics bare and offers a brilliant, understandable explanation for all the physics gobbledygook Intelligence agencies and their respective governments use to disguise the brutal truths of the Fukushima Daiichi Disaster. Three thousand billion (3,000,000,000,000) Lethal Doses of Radiation means there are 429 Lethal Doses chasing each and every one of us on the planet, to put it in a nutshell. This is up from about 70 Billion Lethal Doses March 23, 2011. It is getting worse everyday without any intervention by the US and the other nuclear powers. VeteransToday calls on the world’s nuclear powers to intervene sooner rather than later. It is up to the world’s only remaining Super Power, the United States, to get the Japan Reactor Disaster Intervention meeting officially underway."

the article is intelligent and well written. that is what i judge it on as well as comparing what is written by others. also bare in mind that authorities always play down the figures at first and then announce worse ones later. "oh, we realize now the effects were worse than we anticipated blah blah".

the PTB continue to dump depleted uranium throughout the world which radioactivity will get a huge boost from fuk u shima. say goodbye to your health in the long run and all the children too.

edit on 28-5-2011 by orangutang because: 4got to slant text

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Um, it's not 50x Chernobyl. It's probably going to be 1-2x, and at the max probably 5x. It is not 50x.
The only thing that we can be certain of right now is that at some point it will have leaked more radiation than Chernobyl.
It has not leaked more radiation than Chernobyl at this point, but it will soon catch up and even overpass Chernobyl.

Stop talking sense, only sensationalist posts allowed in here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Your math is right, the math in the article is wrong. They are using the wrong numerator, and the wrong denominator, so they don't have a chance of getting the right answer.

Originally posted by orangutang
you're right! i attributed it to the wrong source but i do believe the situation is extremely serious.
So you admit it's not Kaku who said that but you still find the article credible?

the article is intelligent and well written.
No, it's not. It's pretty much sensationalistic trash. So you really think exploding nukes is the way to solve the Fukushima problem? That sounds like one step short of insanity to me, it's like trying to put out a fire by pumping gasoline through the firehose if you ask me.

I'm not trying to minimize the severity, nor is ghost375, in fact we agree it's quite severe. But we need accurate information and assessments, not sensationalism and illogical plans. People wanted to nuke the oil leak in the gulf of Mexico too. I guess some people just think blowing stuff up is the answer to everything.

reply to post by SirCoxone

In that case, I guess I don't get any stars!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Those saying this is less than Chernobyl are actually extremely ignorant of what is really going on here.

I shall link you to information that should wake up your slumbering noggin.

Was Chernobyl Using MOX? Fukushima unit 3 was.

This is how much fuel is supposedly stored on site:

At the time of the accident, the units and central storage facility contained the following numbers of fuel assemblies

Unit 1 Unit 2 Unit 3 Unit 4 Unit 5 Unit 6 Central Storage
Reactor Fuel Assemblies 400 548 548 0 548 764 0
Spent Fuel Assemblies 292 587 514 1331 946 876 6375
New Fuel Assemblies[40] 100 28 52 204 48 64 N/A

Fukushima Wiki Source

Thousands of fuel assemblies at risk.

Comparing this with Chernobyl is like comparing Horse drawn chariots with modern MBTs like the Abrams or T-90.
edit on 29-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Wrong....
second line...

new topics

top topics

join