It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stonehenge Under Lake Michigan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Although a bit older news story, and underreported, it's still an interesting find. I hope someday we find out more on what this actually is. Hope that we do indeed have a find that is really old. Most folks don't realize that much of our early history is indeed under the water, as our ocean levels are much higher than they were in those days.

Peace!
SK

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So this story goes back at least four years, but we havent hard anything about the 'verification' they were supposed to do?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is #ing sweet, I wonder what else might be under the bays around the great lakes? We've got a place on a lake ontario bay. I must say however, that as you cruise over the lake, you can see bottom at 40 ft, and some of the rocks on the bottom are absolutely massive, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they were dropped there by a glacier.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Found this story and had to share because that means this predates the ice age, as we believe it is the glaciers that caused the great lakes, And to have history that is that old in North America is very interesting.

from the article:

If found to be true, the wannabe petroglyph could be as much as 10,000 years old – coincident with the post-Ice Age presence of both humans and mastodons in the upper midwest. The formation, if authenticated, wouldn’t be completely out of place. Stone circles and other petroglyph sites are located in the area. Read more: www.zmescience.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
So this story goes back at least four years, but we havent hard anything about the 'verification' they were supposed to do?

I was thinking the exact same thing. The water is not that deep- it certainly could have been examined by now. I wonder what they found? Was it nothing more than rocks?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It is VERY difficult to tell what I'm supposed to see based on this photo alone. I noticed how the center most "core" seems to glow with five of six spokes of this circle. As for the surround areas, those could be random arrays of rocks. Again, I'm guessing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
cool, but i think the OP thought it was new news since SOTT.net posted it like yesterday

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It looks like a random assortment of rocks to me. Even with the circular pattern overlay, it looks like just a bunch of big rocks.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Is there any indication as to the size of the standing stones at the bottom of the lake?
I do not see the resemblence in the Photo to the Stonehenge monument,
The Stonehenge monument is a ring of stones and the photo is nothing like that,
I cannot even see any that are aligned...

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I can't see anything stonehenge like at all in those shots. There are no stone circles , no accurates lines of arranged boulders yet they aren't all scattered. I could find something similar on land, however of it's close to a boulder with a prehistoric picture I also wonder how ocre and soot can survive 10000 years under water dfon't you? Smell a hoax anyone?

Keep us posted if they ever get photos from down there. They will need a submersible now to verify anything.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If this is only 40 ft down in a well known lake, imagine what is lurking at the bottom of the oceans just waiting to be found.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It appears to be a neat discovery. However, if they founds cars and boats nearby, I'm pretty sure the aging process is being over-emphasized. Great post regardless, and most definitely worthy of further study. Thank you, OP.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Lake Michigan along with all the great lakes have drasically changed water levels multiple times since the glacier recession. So it could be very possible to find things done by humans under water in the lakes.

igs.indiana.edu...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Isn't the Stonehenge in the UK and some other mysterious land marks on top of a chain of special energy spot? These hot spots are connected to each other somehow on Earth.

Is there a hot spot in the lake?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Not trying to be negative but if this is a scan from a depth of 40 feet then these stones are tiny

Unless somone can shed light on this !!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
That is a good post, it will be good to see what comes out of this one.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Very impressive! I believe the water holds a lot of secrets and its awesome to see things like this when we find them!

Great post!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

This was first found in 2007, don't you think by now that if this was some Ancient site that much more would have been revealed by now?

I don't see anything in those pics except boulders underwater.... there's plenty of boulders underwater!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Anyone in the area with a diving gear! It would be nice to get some home grown pictures. Im sure if you shot an email to the professor he would help you out finding its exact spot.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Only 40 feet of water it shouldn't take too long to figure that out. I'm going to send a note to a couple of friends there and see what they know. I'm a few hours south but interesting non the less

Divers are unnecessary.

In 40 feet of water, it would seem all they need to do is build up a sand bar around the complete perimeter...reinforce it and then drain or pump out the water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join