It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, A Bigger War-Monger Than Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've held the opinion for a while now that Obama is just as bad as Bush when it comes to war... As time goes by it seems as if he's even worse... This article makes that case very nicely...

Well, Obama was elected as a peace dove. But the reality is such that he now looks much more of a war-monger than his predecessor. The war in Iraq is not over, the war in Afghanistan is going to be lost, there is a new war in Libya, and a number of an uncapped (as appears from Obama’s interview to the BBC) raids and military actions elsewhere in the world.

Well, how many more American soldiers need to die in overseas missions, how many more terrorist attacks are needed against the US and its allies all over the world, and how many more countries, along with Pakistan, need to be alienated to the extent that government forces start firing at American aircraft, before US lawmakers and executives realize that something is going wrong?

Ad majorem Dei gloriam - To the greater glory of God - is the centuries-old Jesuit motto. It seems that Obama might rewrite this as “ad majorem US gloriam”.

Will the majority of Americans ever realize what a dangerous path this is, or are we just doomed to everlasting wars?

source

edit on 25-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yep

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Quite a few are claiming he is charismatic. Some seem to be hypnotized by his words.
This alone makes him an even bigger liability to the world than Bush.

st.

edit on 25-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: typosaurus

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, even if you ignore the technicality that Libya is a NATO operation, Bush still wins 2-1 on preemptive attacks on other sovereign nations.

Bush worked hard at establishing the ideals of the "Bush Doctrine" and preemptive war. How dare you suggest we don't give credit where credit is due!

Bush, the OG of war-mongering, Obama's got his work cut out for him if he wasn't to 1up that. (though he still has plenty of time left in his term/terms)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes because Obama sent 500,000 U.S soldiers, + 150,000 XE contractors, to the Middle East.

How did I miss that.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ask the Nobel Prize Committee!
YES...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

The reason he's pushing war is he's been told to push it.

Dont forget who his "trainers" were.

He's doing exactly the opposite to what he campaigned on, and that's what the game plan was, and boy-o-boy did it work.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Does it even matter. We are in wars. The one in the Middle East especially. I don't agree with us being there. But we have to finish what we started. At least the wars that have started with Obama make some sense. As long as we don't really piss off North Korea we should be good.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am sure everyone knows this by now but just to make a reminder, the democrats have just as many military contractor buddies as the republicans. War is huge profit and the profiteers work both sides of the isle.

The American economy, at least the best functioning portion of it, needs massive war spending. Retooling out of a war economy will cause a huge short-term economic shock that would throw the current party out of power like what happened to the first Bush when he started the cutting at the end of the Cold War. Obama knows this and won't let this happen, at least for another few years. The wars shall continue,

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that Bush and Obama are not actually calling the shots.
They are handed the script and have to follow it.
Nothing has changed at all.
I can't believe that this guy with all this change in him is just doing business as usual.
He's not the one in control.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingbutlemons

'' we have to finish what we started.''

this is one of those catch phrases that make very little sense to me.... what exactly does that mean... what exactly did we start... and what is left to finish....

The Iraqi's no longer want us in their country...

The Taliban is regaining controll in Afghanistan... now they have better infrastructure, which nation building was never suppost to be part of that deal...

So, what do you mean by this...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

As I said I hate war. But we can't just leave. We have to have some kind of defeat or Victory. At least, thats I view it. The Iraqi people don't really have a problem with us. We are making schools and bring them supplies. But I'm not going to deny that some may hate us. The Taliban hates us, so why would we just leave and tell them we are weak. The problem is I don't think we can win, or admit a failure. So either way we are screwed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I agree with you in full. Its all just a puppet show. But who is in control, thats what we need to find out.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"But we have to finish what we started. At least the wars that have started with Obama make some sense"

There is NEVER any sense in ANY war.....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have lost a lot of Respect for Obama but seriously
does anybody believe that McCain would be any better?
McCain Seemed pretty gun ho about war.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Which three wars are you thinking of? Sorry I'm really tired right now and can't fully think.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

At least with MCcain there still would have been a strong anti war movement with the democrats. But I mean somehow some way preisdent Obama has stopped the anti war movement

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The Taliban hates us, so why would we just leave and tell them we are weak. The problem is I don't think we can win, or admit a failure. So either way we are screwed.

So we stay and show them are strength by putting more and more resources into a failed cause? Now that is true strength.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Thats a good point that never occurred to me.
Every president should be held accountable by the public for what they do.
I supported Obama because I was so sick of Bush. Obama seemed like a breath of fresh air
boy was I gullible.
I guess that is why I am so apolitical now almost every politician is bought and I feel none of them represent me.
Left and Right Politics is now turning into entertainment like a sick reality television show where everyone is addicted to the drama and the facts are obscured by the circus.
edit on 25-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I'm going to have to agree with you there. But how is the Government going to look at it? That is the question. Honestly, the best strategy is to let the world take care of its self and have other countries stop trying to help. I think if we don't start doing that, the American Government will crash and burn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join