It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State National Guard Secret Deployment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Troops from the Washington State National Guard are getting ready to roll, and it seems to be a surprise to all involved.

Where the National Guard soldiers might go . . . is a bit of a mystery

Washington State National Guard Secret Deployment

This seems a little odd, not to mention the timing of it.

Any guesses on what this might be about? Pakistan? Libya? Missouri?

Also, one commentator states this same deployment is occuring across many states. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't know what's going on here, but it definitely appears as though they are gearing up for something unexpected.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My guess would be to assist in natural disasters. Take a look at the news. Probably preparing to assist FEMA.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Definitely worth keeping an eye on. The news does not seem to be getting any better these days from neither mother nature nor human beings.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think Blaine is right on the money. It's been a bad year for weather.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It sounds like they are getting ready to deploy some troops.
No mystery there, they almost never tell you where your going.
That is part of the bargain, you get a cool uniform and BX priveledges and they do what they want to you.
Pretty simple actually.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
there certainly is a lot of flooding going on...I'm guessing the same...probably to help with the natural disaster aid

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My guess would be to assist in natural disasters. Take a look at the news. Probably preparing to assist FEMA.

God knows that's my sincere hope.

That was also my first guess. However, why the secrecy? You'd think an announcement stating that purpose would make the folks affected feel better as well as putting to rest the fears of the NG member families.

If ATS members start confirming other states are indeed doing the same thing, then I think something else is in the wind. Something ill?
edit on 23-5-2011 by Hessling because: Spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Why would the deployment be secret? The states with the flooding and tornadoes have been asking for their help. Declarations of emergency in some of those places.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe the states got together and they're gonna roll to DC and take our country back?!?!?

(one can only hope)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lets see where oh where could they be going.

There's the mass flooding, and then yesterday an entire city/town not sure of which it is was wiped out completely by a tornado yesterday.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I went and looked at the website sources from the video, and it states on the page that they may be sent oversees, as does the video. This is worth looking into, but it may be just another stint in the Middle East as far as we know.

This may be a little fearmongering by Prisonplanet...and Alex Jones.

Members of Washington Army National Guard found out over the weekend they could be deployed overseas.
King5

Edit to add:

A notice of sourcing is a new process and the earliest word a Guard unit gets about a possible upcoming deployment. It could be followed by an alert order, which would be followed by mobilization order that would have fuller details of a deployment. The 506th Military Police Company, a 50-person unit based in Tacoma, also received a notice of sourcing. Capt. Keith Kosik, a Guard spokesman, said the notice of sourcing has been added to the Pentagon’s notification process since the last time the 81st Combat Brigade was called up, so it’s not possible to say with any certainty how much time can elapse between the notice and an alert order, if one is to come. “It’s certainly not set in stone. We’re being considered as a possible solution to a mission,” Kosik said. “We really don’t know if we will receive an Alert Order.”
Spokeman

edit on 23-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Colorado River is expected to suffer extensive, historic flooding once the temps warm up due to a higher than average amount of snowfall and continuing wet, cold temps. The concern is that instead of melting gradually, as in normal spring weather, a sudden jump in temps will cause it to all melt too rapidly.

This may be related to that in one of two ways. Either, they are planning and preparing now, some drills, etc., or they are off to assist others knowing they will need the assistance themselves in a few weeks to months.

US Citizens helping US citizens...just as it should be. Unless they are about to get shipped off to Egypt, Yemen, or somewhere else we can try and buy friendship.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That's crazy. I just watched the vid and they don't know if they're going overseas or helping with the nation's disasters. On CNN the other day, they were asking for help, saying they needed the national guard to come and help.

The USA needs to start helping their own first. They already have troops elsewhere to handle other stuff, they should just shuffle them around if they have to.

To be so secretive about it is also absolutely ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is actually a "notice of sourcing" from the Department of Defense. It isn't a mobilization order or even an alert order. It's a notice that a particular unit is being considered as a possible solution for a mission

First notice around here was about a week ago. There's nothing really "secret" about it.
edit on 5/23/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
70 area National Guard troops set to leave for training, then deployment to Afghanistan

blog.thenewstribune.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAMudd

70 area National Guard troops set to leave for training, then deployment to Afghanistan

blog.thenewstribune.com...

Just to clarify, these 70 people are from a different group than those who received the preliminary notification that they are being considered for deployment. The info on this group happened a bit earlier than the one under discussion.
edit on 5/23/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm guessing some of what they will be doing, is linked to a video from last year...

Posted on June 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM Updated Thursday, Jun 3 at 6:01 PM CAMP MURRAY, Wash. -- The Washington National Guard today announced it is going to be the first of two states to create a Homeland Response Force that will be deployable nationwide.

The Guard says another unit will be set up in Ohio and eventually there will be 10 units in 10 states that will operate on a regional basis.

The Guard says the 560 person force will consist of "citizen-soldiers and airmen organized, trained and equipped to idenfy and respond to and mitigate the effects of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear or high-yeield explosive events. The HFR will deploy to incidents within six to twelve hours of receiving an activitation order from the Governor and Adjutant General."
more...(source: linked below)

If not going overseas as the local news is saying. We'll see...

Video and article:King5

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Alex Jones spreading disinformation again!?! Say it aint so!
Guard units are deployed constantly in GWOT(Iraq, Afghanistan, & probably Libya sooner than later), in "Partnership for Peace" programs with other countries(not really a deployment, per se), and then there are EMAC agreements with other states, where one state sends Guardsmen to back up another state's disaster. With the flooding & tornadoes going on right now, it'd be nice if that were the case. But this just sounds like DoD is considering a unit for future deployment overseas. And like a previous commenter noted, there is nothing "secret"about this. Guardsmen are people who work , go to college, and live in your neighborhood. They generally aren't going to be involved in anything "secret". The regular armed forces have specialized units for that type of thing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
WSNG should be getting ready for the possible flooding of many Western Washington rivers due to record spring snow in the Cascades.

I suppose we will know the deployment reason when we need to know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Good find. Thanks for adding.

Still having a problem with the whole hush-hush factor.

If it's for a natural disaster, you'd think they would want to shout it from the rooftops. Not only would it calm down the fears of those in the storm ravaged Midwest, but it would also earn a lot of brownie points for a lot of politicians. Politicians love their brownie points. Or so I'm told.

<<   2 >>

join