It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+103 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well lucky me, I live about 10 minutes from harold camping's main office for his family radio broadcasts. With him making so much fuss in the world, I decided to take the opportunity to drive over there today at 5pm and see what was going on. I was happy because for once, I actually live close to a "current event" lol. I did not find a single "believer", but instead hundreds of "opposers" and newscasts. What a sight to see! It even flowed into the street and blocked passing cars. His front parking lot was loaded with different church groups, furious gay people, and newscasters going crazy over everything.
The church people had signs welcoming all of harold's followers to go to their church instead. All the gay people were mad because online, harold directly wrote that gays were one of the reasons for judgement day (at least that's what the gay guy told me, I have no source to back that claim up).
One of the most funniest things there was that a bunch of people had miniature blow up dolls attached to balloons. At 6pm they all released their dolls, and they "floated up to heaven". What an comical way to mock camping's belief that we were all going to ascend to heaven.
Picketers were all over the place with signs stating how harold was a liar. It was sort of a chaotic place to be.
All in all, Harold, nor any of his workers/followers, were anywhere to be found. None were standing by their firm belief that today was the day. It was stated that some people drove by his house in Alameda (5 min away), only to see that all blinds were closed, as if he was hiding. Sadly, today turned out to be more of a joke than anything.
Oh, and I also decided to let everyone know that I survived the rapture by writing it on my car! Santa stopped by as well.

And another thing, It's also important to note that while there, I learned that Harold paid all of his employess for taking off the 21st. Basically a "paid vacation" day for them. Why would he pay them for a day that he was so sure that they'd be all going to heaven? hmm..

Check out the pictures below

edit on 21/5/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/5/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: Member requested
edit on 5/22/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Loving the blow up dolls

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Too funny. I love when people fall flat on their face.

FOR A SECOND TIME

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe Harold had somewhere else to be. Has anyone seen him since 6pm? If he's the only one that got raptured, there's going to be trouble.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
LOL @ Santa.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OMG that's hilarious. Did you spot the blow up sponge bob in the photo where they are stuck on the electrical lines?

LOL

+18 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't know what's crazier...Camping or all the Nutcases on his door step. (You are of course excluded lol) Thanx for the pics.

Don't people have anything better to do? I can't imagine going out of my way to wag my finger at someone with "I Told You So" signs, Santas and Blow-up dolls.

While he is guilty of his misguided Fear Propaganda, these people went to a lot of effort to be in the lime light as well. Just to prove THEIR point.

Crazy World Indeed.

edit on 21-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to take pictures, I have not laughed this hard for months. Blow up dolls ascending to heaven, this is priceless. You made my month.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I love the 5th picture, "psychic readings" right next to the place of a guy that so strongly believes in the bible...

Kind of like Obama living next door to Osama.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

That is hilarious!!!!!!

Way to go with the on the spot reporting!!

The ballons with blow up dolls were priceless!!

S F

The funniest thing is that the same guy had a failed prediction earlier. I can't believe the amount of money they spent advertising this thing.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm glad to give everyone a good laugh!!
Very happy I made your month electricalpup!
lol but it really was quite the comical scene at this place.
Imagine a bunch of blow up dolls being released and floating away haha
And a random santa walking around holding a jug of kool-aid and handing out cups of it to everyone (I didn't take one, in fear that it was laced!)
It'd be super funny if it turns out that harold was the only one to get raptured

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oh my god lol this is soo funny
The things some people do...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yah, just another false prophet being called on his bluff. Curiously enough, their website was down too.

Ever hear of the story "The boy who cried wolf"?

However, the pics were AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Glad to know someone else who had access to the nonsense. Loved the blow up dolls, how irreligious can you get? OMG, simply awesome.

S&F.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Loving the pics. Great way to expose the con known as Family Radio. I love the blow up dolls attatched to balloons.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Loving the blow up dolls

Me too! What an awesomely hysterical idea.
Bloody genius. I would have loved to be there, just for that reason.
Thanks OP. Now I can go to bed with a smile on my face.

ETA: the Looney Toons Jesus sign gave me a good chuckle too.
"That's All Folks!"
edit on 5/22/2011 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Star for the lulz. Well done everyone who turned out there, i'd buy you all a beer if i was there. The blow up dolls had me lol'ing hard. I wonder what he will say now???

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I disagree with Camping but also with these "protestors", it has no use to harras that Camping guy, it is just a waste of time.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
whats with the blowup dolls? are they supposed to say the man had his head in the clouds since they have white balloons for a head?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mesaana
whats with the blowup dolls? are they supposed to say the man had his head in the clouds since they have white
balloons for a head?

No it is supposed to illustrate the or a "rapture", but than in a "funny/sarcastic" way. I think it is rather cheap to be honest, Harold Camping embarrassed himself in front of the whole wide world and still people find it necessary to harras (like little childeren) him after his false prediction. Probably he is feeling an extreme guilt and shame...

Those people who make fun of him, are not a bit better, maybe worse?
edit on 22-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join