It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless Microwave Power Transmission + Electromagnet = UFO Propulsion ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Probably been discussed already but I didn't see anything quite like it.

Wireless power is old news. The disk fixed to the rear of this experimental airplane receives microwave transmissions which it converts to DC power.

electronics.howstuffworks.com...

What happens if we take a disk similar (obviously more powerful) to that, fix it to a standard UFO type vehicle which has the ability to control x,y axis obviously, then use the principles applied in the basic electromagnetic demonstration:

Also, what happens if you sink 1billion dollars & an entire army of scientists/engineers into the project?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

not quite. I have looked into using radio waves as a source of power the effect is very small like 10,000th of a voltage and yes microwave power is different but it is still held to the same standard as radio waves only dishing out a percentage. The process needed to use them would be greater then the amount you would get from them. "Them" being microwaves.I spent 6 months in school learning about sin waves, attenuation, radio frequencies,frequencies. If your interested in the subject i suggest reading communication systems and networks and Data Communication and networks. then look into some properties of magnetism book i know crystals give off their own frequencies and you can generate a frequency running electrical current through them also too much current and i think they will shatter.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

Please define a "standard UFO type vehicle."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

If they made anything like this work, we would be the last to find out about it.

Look what happened to Tesla.

Of course, school study will discourage a student's realization that anything like this might be possible.

But there's too much buzz out there, and too many real sightings of odd craft, to totally dismiss the possibility that electromagnetic / microwave propulsion systems could work. I am most intrigued, though, by the "sound" technologies mentioned in many places, including channeled materials and reports about old Tibetan practices, etc.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sure, why not.

As long as you only want to fly over a sheet of metal (or other conductive material) it would work fine. You need the sheet of metal because the levitation depends on the Lenz effect.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

While I'm not at all objecting to your simply providing the essential piece of information, I'm afraid once you see what the chemtrailers make of what you just said you may regret saying it. I hardly know anything about their whole deal but even I can see exactly where they'll run with that ball.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by Phage

While I'm not at all objecting to your simply providing the essential piece of information, I'm afraid once you see what the chemtrailers make of what you just said you may regret saying

Hey not fair I was just gona be the Chemista, surely the chemtrailers are the twats who make then trail the chems, who made those very same cheap points, cheap but valid if you ask me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

you might want to look into nuclear flight it had a lot of problems in the 1950s to the 1970s then they just said it didn't work because it leaked to radiation much yaada yaada yaada. Given the tech we have today i bet they could do it and it would explain why after a "UFO" crashes the area is sealed off and men with radiation suits came in.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by C-BuZz

not quite. I have looked into using radio waves as a source of power the effect is very small like 10,000th of a voltage and yes microwave power is different but it is still held to the same standard as radio waves only dishing out a percentage. The process needed to use them would be greater then the amount you would get from them. "Them" being microwaves.I spent 6 months in school learning about sin waves, attenuation, radio frequencies,frequencies. If your interested in the subject i suggest reading communication systems and networks and Data Communication and networks. then look into some properties of magnetism book i know crystals give off their own frequencies and you can generate a frequency running electrical current through them also too much current and i think they will shatter.

Well I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to say. If you have virtually unlimited resources at your fingertips & can provide enough power to the device via Microwave

Originally posted by MiTS1965
reply to post by C-BuZz

Please define a "standard UFO type vehicle."

You know, the round ones

Originally posted by Phage
Sure, why not.

As long as you only want to fly over a sheet of metal (or other conductive material) it would work fine. You need the sheet of metal because the levitation depends on the Lenz effect.

Umm, no.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

Um, yes. Regarding your first video.
Now you're talking about something completely different.

What's happening there is a high voltage wire ionizes the air around it. The ions are repelled from the wire and migrate toward the collector which is below the wire. As they do this they drag air molecules along with them. The thing creates a little breeze. It moves air and the action/reaction thing makes it fly. The problem is that it's very inefficient. It would take a whole lot of electrical power to lift a man.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a Popular Mechanics article from 1964
www.rexresearch.com...
edit on 5/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

Maybe your right but it would have to be done at the molecule level. Using vibrations to push atoms upwards and it could only be for that object meaning every atom that that object is made of would have to vibrate up at the same time with enough force to defy gravity. We are talking real life star trek kind of stuff here. think beam me up Scotty tech. and if its electromagnetic it would need to use the magnetic force of the earth and we don't have magnets that can penetrate through 100's of miles of rock to the core where the magnetism is the greatest. Ps yes i did tell you microwaves only generate like 10000th of a volt mean it would take like 10000 microwave beams to generate 1 volt your battery in your mouse generates more voltage. plus you might want to look into the fact that anything blocking a microwave beam disrupts its signal and also the fact that you will be cooking anything on the inside of the ufo.
edit on 20-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, microwaves can be used to accelerate your electrons in a cyclotron. If you use a magnetron, like out of a microwave oven, you're gonna have some frequency drift though. But it's much more accessable than a klystron I would think.

Been thinking about Deyo's claim and design lately, and Electron Cooper Pairing (or positron pairing! hahaha) on a larger scale, sans a superconductor. I think there are a couple of things missing from his descriptions that may amplify the supposed effects he described. It will use a continuously charged circular plate... but, uhhh, no microwaves.
One of many summer garage project ideas.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe the smaller crafts operate with a different type of engine than the mother crafts do (I believe the lighter crafts are only capable of the speed of light - but the mother crafts have to have some kind of way to travel to and between solar systems, because even at the speed of light the flight would take too damn long.)

The light speed engine actually isn't that technologically advanced (so to speak) in theory in can be built a number of ways, and I actually think they have developed an engine that is nearly capable of light speed (using thermal dynamics / plasma etc. eliminating the need of a thrust like engine)

But I think the ETs have somehow developed a way to use gravity to create momentum.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by C-BuZz
Probably been discussed already but I didn't see anything quite like it.

Wireless power is old news. The disk fixed to the rear of this experimental airplane receives microwave transmissions which it converts to DC power.

electronics.howstuffworks.com...

What happens if we take a disk similar (obviously more powerful) to that, fix it to a standard UFO type vehicle which has the ability to control x,y axis obviously, then use the principles applied in the basic electromagnetic demonstration:

Also, what happens if you sink 1billion dollars & an entire army of scientists/engineers into the project?

You get yourself a nice little floating ship. But the question is, What happens if it goes through an area with a magentic poles changing, or the power of their magnets stronger than the ship, what happens to our little ship?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

The experiment described here reminds me strongly of the experiments described in the novel : "A Disruptive Invention" which lead to the construction of a UFO. You can see the novel at www.amazon.com...=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=00V429G10SM1GPEPF1FR&pf_rd_t=101& pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Take a look yourself and see the similarities. That novel has a website at : adisruptiveinvention.com...

UFOFAN

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

You'll also have to cool the damned thing. More weight.

edit on 5/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by locololo

You'll also have to cool the damned thing. More weight.

Yes, there would be a lot of variables that would have to be taken care of. Would also explain the glow underneath a lot of UFO sightings, a coil getting very hot.

But the basic principles of powering the object wirelessly should work. If you could send 120v to the coil wirelessly then you've got yourself a UFO IMO.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

120v to the coil would let you hover over a conductive plate (the ion thingy requires a whole lot more than 120v).

Where does the heat go? A glow does not release heat, it just shows that it's hot. You need more power yet to keep the cockpit cool enough to live in. Where does the power for the AC unit come from?

Microwaves are line of sight. What happens when you are out of the line of sight of the transmitter?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

true, you must give it a cooling system. this and about 20 other things show how far we are from perfecting a spaceship ourselves.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Phage has done a pretty good job of explaining some of the scientific principles of this coil, but there is a few topics I feel need stressed. First, the coil is nothing more than an electromagnet.There is no need for any microwave power. Standard 120 volts ac power is all that is required to achieve lift. What makes this work is the aluminum plate underneath the coil. The plate has to be aluminum or it doesn't work. I have succesfully built quite a few of these things, and tried all sorts of different materials. Aluminum is one of the few metals that actually repel magnetism. That's why you get the hovering effect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join