It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Lost It's MoJo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You can spend all your time reading reposted MSM news on ATS with a viewers twist, but at the end of the day you still have nothing,

You don't trust your news because it's coming from an untrusted source (MSM), so you buy the next line of BS against it. That's not seeking truth, it is denying ignorance, but not seeking truth.

I've spent time here reading conspiracy theory, and trying to gather facts. Stop seeking truth online, you can only find it within. This may be speaking over some heads here, but people here are so quick to negate whatever they see in MSM. I've wasted to much time seeking the end of the earth, doom and gloom, BS prophecy.

You are an individual conscious experiencing life in a physical body. There's your conscious, and there's your life. Separate the two, find out what is real, and relieve yourself of this BS. Professional self development articles will find you in a happier place than wishing for the end of the world.

Here's my prediction, you will wake up tomorrow.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mathematic

And here's my prediction, that this thread will be moved to the off topic rant forum?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You can spend all your time reading reposted MSM news on ATS with a viewers twist, but at the end of the day you still have nothing,

You don't trust your news because it's coming from an untrusted source (MSM), so you buy the next line of BS against it. That's not seeking truth, it is denying ignorance, but not seeking truth.

I've spent time here reading conspiracy theory, and trying to gather facts. Stop seeking truth online, you can only find it within. This may be speaking over some heads here, but people here are so quick to negate whatever they see in MSM. I've wasted to much time seeking the end of the earth, doom and gloom, BS prophecy.

You are an individual conscious experiencing life in a physical body. There's your conscious, and there's your life. Separate the two, find out what is real, and relieve yourself of this BS. Professional self development articles will find you in a happier place than wishing for the end of the world.

Nice try.....little rabbit now run back to GodLikeProductions like
a good little boy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic

Hey, it's a slow news week, no major disasters for people to blame on HAARP. No aliens popping up out of Obama's tushie.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This post was to make irrelevant or rude comments to generate stars and such.

edit on 19-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Send it wherever. I lived a dull monotonous life like most of the doomsayers here. It doesn't have to be like that. ATS is another trap in the globalist monarchy. I don't feel it intended to be this way, but the money will find it's way.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I disagree. Actually I think ATS provides a lot of information it just takes the individual time to look and sort through it to find whatever it is they're interested in or looking for. How many threads do you see that provide information, with links, pictures, videos, and other stuff to help prove or provide facts with what the thread is about.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, the above comments are the real issue that has infiltrated ATS.

Instead of contributing to the thread, or moving along, many people will make irrelevant or rude comments to generate stars and such. Some people think it is their job to designate themselves "overseer" of the forums instead of letting the mods do their job!

On topic:

You are correct that we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot when it comes to sourcing and who we deem a reliable source. No matter what, its up to each person to use their inner gut feeling and separate that which is garbage.

ETA: Not ALL of the above comments can be considered in my previous statements. I was a little slow.
edit on 19-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Don't completely agree, but get your point. What's rediculous to me is everyone who automatically dismisses the majority of news sources, whistle blowers, wikileaks, etc., but they don't hesitate to jump into these retarded end of the world threads which pop up every week, or someone claiming to come from the future with advice for ATS members only.

Who's more trustworthy? Talking head and MSM puppet Anderson Cooper, or all the nuts who think the world is coming to an end in 48 hours? I'd have to think about that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I never wake up tomorrow. I only ever wake up today.

Look. ATS is only different than the MSM in that most people on here actually research their reports instead of receiving them pre-written by some guy in a trenchcoat and a pair of shades. [I said "most", so don't jump down my throat, people].
How the people who watch the MSM and the people who read on ATS are similar is; both, at the end of the day are going to believe whatever they want to believe, evidence or not. You could have a source in the Pentagon stating that Aliens are real, and I can prove this because Obama's birth certificate says "Born on Mars", and you'd still have people calling him a Kenyan. You could have someone come forward with contact info about chemtrails, a reliable source, and people would deny this information because there is no way to validate this claim. How could you? It came from a top secret project from a source that wishes to remain nameless. Doesn't mean the person who relays this is lying, but since there's no way to research a top secret claim, people automatically yell "LIE!". If every conspiracy could be proven without a doubt, they wouldn't be conspiracy theories, they'd be conspiracy facts.
My approach to this entire site is; don't take anything too seriously until seriousness is warranted. Get yourself a salt shaker and apply as needed to topics. You begin to take any of this seriously and you'll end up driving yourself nuts.

You are right on one thing.... well half right.
Truth does come from within.
So do the biggest lies we'll ever face in our entire lives.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
People accept truth as a link to a site, so what.

Allow this pollution to fill your mind. Anything not MSM here is accepted as truth. Truth is found within.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You're right bro, the time i've spent on ATS has made feel all anxious and #. For what, though? Trying to see what others don't see? I've believed in things like this way before i even joined ATS. ATS itself are trolls. They keep the people inside, blogging about things that could be and how we know so much and yada yada yada we're grandeur cause we think we know so much. In reality what are we gaining? if we're not out there just living and finding ourselves spiritually, mentally, even physically. Wth are we doing with all this. Spreading the "truth" to the others? so they can continue on with this slander. Sheeit man, i'm so tired of clicking on my google chrome and automatically typing in "abovetopsecret.com" in my address line. I did better by just reading from google.
In the end i find myself thinking "why in the heck do you read up on this, there is no real source of info here" I'm just going to live my beautiful life, make my beautiful music, make love to "her"(being life) and make something of my life. Go out into the real world and meet others. Share ideas by just realizing how conscious we can be by making the unconscious show. Peace and love people. I'm gonna go troll around in the real world now. Cause in the end, we are ALL trolls. You said it man, post anything and people will negate up the a##.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People want to wallow, lay back and accept the truth they think is real so they can bitch about it. They can remove it from their own responsibility. Guess what, you are where you are because you made it that way. No conspiracy theory is going to grant you the comfort that you messed up your own life. I messed up mine.

I looked for conspiracy in it, and it's the same as seeking a higher truth in faith. Get a grip on yourself, you made your own bed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
@mathematic
couldn't have said it better, my dude.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

what can you do with all that info you're so "interested" in?
go save the world?
Let's focus on the now with the rest of the people that are alive with us. At least we are not alone. We could all make a difference. Don't need to look things up before believing in what you need to do.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Blast! Fat Bastard has infiltrated ATS too!?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I do need to apologize. I am seeking salvation. I believe that the stars and flags generated for me on the www.abovetopsecret.com website will grant me an eternity in the afterlife and that is the best.

The channeling I have done with Ra has told me that the forward progression in the after life is directly related to the stars I receive on abovetopsecret.com.

People, you will not find fulfillment in conspiracy theory. You need to find yourself. I will not post my recommendations since I'm sure it's a TOS violation. But staying in lines with TOS, contact a mother ship to download data into your brain.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Look. ATS is only different than the MSM in that most people on here actually research their reports instead of receiving them pre-written by some guy in a trenchcoat and a pair of shades.

Lately, a lot of ATSers have been receiving them pre filmed on YouTube.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I CAN understand what you are saying to a degree mathematic. I must repeat a quote (of which source I cannot remember) "A good conspiracy is one that cannot be proven" HOWEVER.... If you pay close attention to what even the MSM says coupled with the markets and what the average person on ATS says then THERE IS weight to much of what is said here on ATS.

However, I do believe that you should listen to your gut instincts therefore, listen to you gut and if it says to not listen to anything here on ATS then by all means forget about everything here.

I must add thought that there have been threads that were not a regurgitation of what the MSM threw up and I feel (in my gut) that some of those threads are true.

Gonna give you a flag.

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

HEY! GADDAFI..... good one.

I always forget about the youtube philosophers... ooh ooh! And the Wiki wizards, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join