It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Obviously all the Naysayers about Zombie Possibility forget that Rabies Transferred by a bite used to be lethal. While a cure was found for this Im sure some nasty biotech firm somewhere has cooked up a new nasty version of it just in case they need to be able to sell/provide a cure.

Zombie movies are so popular perhaps because of genetic memory of this once terrifying disease which now has a cure. While the potential for people to go mad and start trying to bite each other has started to move in some peoples minds to the realm of fantasy let us not forget Louis Pasteur the original Zombie apocalypse averter without whom we would still be struggling against this terrible disease.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
You all who are going "zomg CDC fail" - know this.

This is simply a "marketing" technique. They speak of OTHER things like hurricanes/other disease/legitimate problems. Then say "To survive Apoc-Z...do like X"

Its a way to get attention....imagine you are in a situation "related to" - you'd go "Oh this is like X from zombie blog post! I remember, do Y"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Once symptoms appear there is no cure for rabies in humans or animals

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

There was that MSM piece on crossing the flu and rabies viruses, so it would come out like the rapid-onset "Rage" virus in 28 Days Later.
It sure would be an effective depopulation tool.
And consider the tactic, first mentioned in Dawn of the Dead (scientist on TV) and more recently in the book, "World War Z", of feeding the zombies (purposefully sacrificing the population), in the book it's done to allow the armed forces to rally at certain points after traditional tactics and strategies have failed. In the movie no explanation is given for the reasoning behind it.
Also consider Jesse Ventura's expose' on all the bio-warfare labs near population centers and cattle farms in the US.
Predictive programming?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Of course, it's kind of dumb for them to do this. The first thing people think of to fight zombies is large capacity semi-auto weapons and a lot of ammo.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It would make the best Bio weapon.
some thing to send the brain in to a primitive state.
like rabies.
to have humans turn it to mad killers.
oh? most of them are!
and there is a bug that goes to the brain of the host animal.
a cow I think. and it can effect how it behaves a little.
all the horror films are like the animals or insects or bacteria.
just look at the spider.
it injects acid, digestive juices in the a fly or bug.
than sucks it out. look it up if you dont believe me.
and there is a wasp that lays an egg in a host insect.
then when it hatches it eats the body.
so why is it so unbelievable that this could happen to a human.
so evil mad scientist could make them for humans.
and you know some part of the government would try it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Zombies are a phobia of mine. Fair warning, approaching me ever in a shuffling manner while moaning brains will get your head blown off by my 12 gauge.

Im sure I will have a hard time explaining it to a judge, but so be it.

Winner, Internet Tough Guy Award, May 2011. Congrats.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I love your avatar! Did you do this yourself? Fantastic artwork!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would assume the only reason this gets taken seriously by the federal government is to beef up the military complex and cut our rights even more

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well I guess it's time to dig out my super nintendo and start preparing for the zombie apocalypse by playing zombies ate my neighbours

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell5151

I knew there was a reason I should have gotten a Super NES as a kid. I jumped straight from the NES to the Sega. 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors'? Are you kidding me? I may have to hit the used department at the local GameStop. Awesome!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I thought zombies ate my neighbours was on sega also I could be wrong about that though.
No I'm not kidding when it comes to zombies there is no room for jokes.
Buy it now you won't regret it when the planet is over run by zombies you'll learn valuable information from the game like you can kill zombies with a water gun

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You're right. They did have it for Sega. How'd I never hear about this game? The curse of my $h!tty little home town I guess. I found a few online versions for free download. Let the apocalypse begin, my friend

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

If I recall it was better on super nintendo but still some good training anyway train hard we'll need every man we can get when the zombies arrive

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
HA zombie apocalypse. People these days. A zombie apocalypse is totally impossible.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh I need no training, or manuals, or guides. Bring on the ravenous dead. I'll see you on the other side, brotha.

reply to post by CapSolo

Originally posted by CapSolo
HA zombie apocalypse. People these days. A zombie apocalypse is totally impossible.

Someone give a nickel to the guy that didn't read through the whole thread. Oh, wait! That's not prize worthy. Dude there are at least 20 replies on here that give detail into how exactly a zombie apocalypse could happen.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Awesome! good luck to you and enjoy killing those zombies

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

From your link.

"First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house," the posting continues. "This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)." Other items to be stashed in such a kit include medications, duct tape, a battery-powered radio, clothes, copies of important documents and first aid supplies. "Once you've made your emergency kit, you should sit down with your family and come up with an emergency plan," the posting continues. "This includes where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your doorstep. You can also implement this plan if there is a flood, earthquake or other emergency."

All good things you would need to have to survive if zombies attacked or hurricanes and what not. BUT! they forgot the most important thing that you would need in any good zombie Apocalypse..... WEAPONS, just in case the hurricanes pass and you survive, and there are zombies everywhere looking for brains. Oh what do you do then?

So to survive a zombie Apocalypse any sort of gun would be necessary such as a pistol or rifle or shotgun, and lots and lots of ammo, and a close range weapon that can decapitate a zombie or a group of zombies in close range is necessary because eventually you will run out of ammo. Anything such as a machete, or kukri knife, or a type of sword, though I would recommend a katana, and not one of those cheep ones either that fall to pieces when you make contact with anything or break, but something durable the real deal.

Found a vid of a guy testing a katana on a steel 55 gallon drum. If your close range weapon "whatever it be" can survive contact with a steel drum and come out with only cosmetic damage, then it will go trough decaying fleshy zombies like butter, especially if there the slow moving shuffling along kind. Well there you have it just in case there actually is a real zombie Apocalypse down the road in the future.

So remember it goes like this. Guns, Guns and then more Guns, and something that can cut stuff up left and right, and while your at it get some bubble gum to chew while your kicking zombie ass, and a cool catch phrase wouldn't hurt and would definitely bring up your cool point, especially if there are chicks near by watching. Oh and don't forget the ammo, "ammo is important" It would be kind of hard to look like a "bad ass" shooting zombies with a gun that has no ammo.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Guns are far less important than edged or blunt weapons in the case of a zombie outbreak. Guns are like ringing the dinner bell. You could be a crack shot, but it won't help if you're being swarmed by a thousand, previously unaware, ghouls. Best to dispatch them quickly and quietly, then be on your way. If you have the time and the space, fire is another great cleanser. Attract as many as you can into a building that's of multiple stories, and within jumping distance of another building. Once the first building is full, set a fire and let the cookout begin. You won't even have to close the door, because zombies don't have the instinct of self preservation anymore. You just jump to the next building and haul ass away.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I'm confident once a person is dead, drained of their blood and put into caskets that the likeliness of them returning to the surface of the earth is right around 0%....

Even if they did, they'd be looking for a drink of water.. Not brains.

One of the best replies, ever. lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join