It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin - is it really causing poleshift and earthquakes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Check out this claim below

Abstract: I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible.

Then check out this link to see a table of corresponding quakes to Elenin alignments

apparitionsourlady.blogspot.com...

What do you think? Is this man adapting data to suit a theory, or is he on to something?

edit on 16-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
blank post? i dont see anything... i think the planet alignment might have something to do with the poleshifts or earthquakes

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Sorry, my bad. Must remember not to press enter when starting a thread......

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can not see how a comet could cause a pole shift. Something as small as a comet to me can not cause a pole shift. Why does a comet like Elen be a beautiful comet hurling through space, be a comet. Why does everything in science be a conspericy. And I don't think when planets aline, cause earthquakes, let alone Elen lineing up with the planets. To me all this pole shift stuff came into affect when 2012 became very popular. The worlds not going to end then, and not when Elen comes close to earth.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No, no, and no. While I can't say for certain that all alignments are inherently geologically meaningless, I can say it's preposterous to assert that a "Full Moon" has anything to do with it, since there is no gravitational difference between a Full Moon or any other phase of the Moon (the thing is still there, still as big, and still as close regardless of how much of its surface is reflecting light at us).

Also, Elenin (the tiny little harmless comet way off in the cosmos) has no measurable or otherwise meaningful effect on Earth's gravity, magnetosphere, or any other thing. It does however seem to possess an uncanny ability to make people believe ridiculous things, so maybe there's an alien using it to scramble Human brain waves to prepare us for the invasion.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I brought this up a long time ago.....

I actually gave some evidence

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is much like what mine was

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Sorry but there is no correlation with the moon and strong earthquakes. Your claims are flawed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Another failure is to link any celestial object outside of the Moon with earthquakes. A small object such as a comet has virtually no effect on the Earth.

The claimed alignments of Elenin and the Earth are a sham.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

They used to say the earth was flat in the middle of the solar system once too..........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

They are not my claims, I was just bringing to light an interesting article and asking for opinion on it.......... And yes a piddly little comet would not have the gravitational pull to stress the earths crust I would have thought.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I agree, so many people are close minded on the subject.

It may well be true that your regular comet is just a passing ship in the night that goes unnoticed, but Elenin is either the master of coincidence or it is hiding a surprise we are not prepared for.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

They used to say the earth was flat in the middle of the solar system once too

That was 4 to 5 thousand years ago before people traveled any distance and that was a viable approximation for the times. In other words, your suggestion is not in touch with the discussion at hand.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It's not really an interesting article. It is a silly hoax. The Moon is not associated with anything but a few rare types of low energy Earthquakes and it is very close to the Earth.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Elenin is not the master of coincidence. The claimed alignments are simply lies.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
reply to post by vexati0n

They used to say the earth was flat in the middle of the solar system once too..........
thats a myth ,most people of ancient source new the earth was not flat, probably medieval dis- information .. Sumerian culture new the earth was round 6 thousand years ago

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Sumerian culture new the earth was round 6 thousand years ago

No, they did not. They believed that the flat Earth floated in a primordial ocean called Abzu. It was covered by a by a dome made from the carcass of a primordial monster called Tiamat. Above this dome was more water, which is presumably where the rains come from. This schema then passed into Semitic mythology, which is why, for example, in the Old Testament the creator deities "separate the water above from the waters below." The Greeks are the first* to have demonstrated that the Earth is a sphere, and educated people were aware of the fact from that point on.

*The ancient Egyptians may have deduced the spherical nature of the Earth but did not leave any writing to that effect. Their formal cosmology, like the Sumerians and Semitic cultures to the north, also seemed to envision a flat, domed Earth.

www.astronomy.pomona.edu...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
www.abovetopsecret.com... by markosity1973

Another failure is to link any celestial object outside of the Moon with earthquakes. A small object such as a comet has virtually no effect on the Earth.

except when its a comet named Elenin and its in a similar positioning with Sun and Earth that 3 of the most powerful quakes struck during.

Originally posted by stereologist
The claimed alignments of Elenin and the Earth are a sham.

yet all the arguments and evidence against your claim, prove otherwise.

once is an accident. twice is coincidence. three times is a pattern.

the 4th will prove you're the sham

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

There were five 5+ earthquakes today, and a volcanic eruption in Iceland. Let's have a look at the Elenin "alignments:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ede8601782b.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmmm... it's almost as though there were no connection between geological events on Earth and the position of Comet Elenin. What do you think, truthseeker?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

except when its a comet named Elenin and its in a similar positioning with Sun and Earth that 3 of the most powerful quakes struck during.

The small comet was not aligned at the time of the quakes. That is the lie you fell for.

You've fallen for a lie. Pick yourself up and brush off the dust and get cracking and you too can see that the claims of alignments are lies.

I'll even provide a little hint. Pick up a triangle and rotate it in front of you with one eye shut. Can you make the 3 points of the triangle appear to be lined up? Of course. So now realize that the comet and the Earth form a line defined by its endpoints. Now choose a point of view which makes the Sun fall on the line. Voila! A hoax explained.
edit on 22-5-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join