It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I don't hate Stephen Hawking. I hate the contraption that keeps his whole show rolling.

Bye.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This poor poor man can't see past his ego !

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I still don't see "Pop-Physics" anywhere on those books? Are you sure you didn't just make that up?

Bye.

edit on 16-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why do people of faith so fear a few short words from another faith. Only you can question your own faith let me to mine.
There are reasons for a man of science to speak of religion with disdain do you not think that someone left with only his mind for freedom might resent any further constraints that might be put upon him. I can see how his choice of words maybe offensive yet i can also see in our responses why he may have chosen them.
edit on 5/16/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Dude, please stop...

www.amazon.com...

popularphysics.org...
edit on 16-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

pop·u·lar/ˈpäpyələr/Adjective
1. Liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group.
2. (of a belief or attitude) Held by the majority of the general public.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Frater210 because: Get it now?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by RSF77

Dude, please stop...

www.amazon.com...

popularphysics.org...
edit on 16-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

I am, I am stopping your ignorance. Have you googled any of those authors?

Now tell me something you have done that contributes to "human suffering"?

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by spacedonk

What has this guy contributed to anyones life? Really?

The only contribution that can really be cited as Hawking's own is that he had a major influence in bringing Pop-Physics to the masses. So what?

He has not contributed one iota to the problems of human suffering. So I would like to suggest that that makes his suggestion utterly absurd.

Since your so critical and you've done so much for us all, I want to know what you have done so I can send a donation.
edit on 16-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
No surprise there.
I am a huge groupie of science, and don't follow any religion, that said, I've seen spirits, take it or leave it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not bonkers.
If Stevo doesn't have a rational explanation for it, then so be it...the universe it as wonderfully chaotic in its nature as it is ordered......we can't define all the symmetries it has in this life time.

Um, wow.

You're not a HUGE groupie of science if you think you have seen spirits and can't explain it. Sorry its that simple.

There are no spirits - period.

So if you saw something you should try and understand what you saw, that would be science - simply putting it down to spirits is exactly how this crazy stuff gets out there.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I stop people from being ignorant on the internet, its a non-profit organization.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Why do people of faith so fear a few short words from another faith. Only you can question your own faith let me to mine.
There are reasons for a man of science to speak of religion with disdain do you not think that someone left with only his mind for freedom might resent any further constraints that might be put upon him. I can see how his choice of words maybe offensive yet i can also see in our responses why he may have chosen them.
edit on 5/16/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

If you are an atheist, I am definitely not stopping you from being one. I find it intriguing that atheists insist there be no religion in schools, insist that Darwin's THEORY is the only one, and have never changed since the 1800's, and then complain it's the people of faith keeping them from practicing their beliefs. Atheism is also a faith, a faith in scientific humanism.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking obviously doesn’t understand the nature of the soul.

The soul is eternal.

The body and brain die, this is true, but the soul lives forever.

The soul is part and parcel of the creative energy (“God” or “enter your preferred name here”) which it was created from.
Whereas the creative energy (God) is eternal, so is the part and parcel (the soul).

This is an awesome thing to realize.

I believe "heaven" is bliss in the eternal.
edit on 16-5-2011 by IndieA because: addition

link   
reply to post by RSF77

Still waiting for that.

Sorry but it's all on the thread right there above us. You get to walk away with the lesson today. You learned what Pop-Physics is. Congratulations. I really love it when my ignorance is denied, too. So. enjoy.

I hate the contraption that keeps his whole show rolling.

Why don't you address this if you want to contribute something interesting.

Have a good afternoon

link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Your thinking too in the physical. Your mind may very well be part of what creates reality (or your spirit working thorugh the physical body). The intention of thought is what is the spirit. Does a tree think about where it is growing?

I guess you have to realize that thoughts, as having no physical substance is how the spirit exists. Yet it does and has effect.

Whats to say that all of what makes the physical is but a total understanding.

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and
his ways past finding out!

For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller?

Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Please get well soon.

2nd line.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Atheism is also a faith, a faith in scientific humanism.

I agree completely with that. I understand resentment at religion being pushed more towards the outside. I am not really sure that is the best answer for us all. I think it is a reaction to past oppression and that in time things will find a healthier balance.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Tell that to the people who have had near death experiences! Steven Hawking doesn't have all the answers. He also said any extraterrestrials visiting earth would be malevolent. Where is his proof? These are just plain theories, which have been proven to be wrong more often than not.

I personally give more credence to the experiences of people who have had personal NDE's. Especially the cases that have been documented and proven credible based upon their testimony of witnessing their resuscitation, doctors and nurses or emergency personal that were present, and surrounding details before leaving this plane of existence.

This website profiles the most profound near-death experiences ever documented along with supporting scientific, metaphysical, and religious material.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Has Hawking even studied the chemicals released at death? Of course nothing happens once the brain shuts off but chemicals are released at death, which could create a heaven-like experience, for a short time before death of course. All religion aside.

I would think somebody like Hawking would have known about these chemicals released at death. How can he miss something like that? Isn't he supposed to be a smart guy?
edit on 16-5-2011 by Ksorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Tell that to the people who have had near death experiences! Steven Hawking doesn't have all the answers. He also said any extraterrestrials visiting earth would be malevolent. Where is his proof? These are just plain theories, which have been proven to be wrong more often than not.

I personally give more credence to the experiences of people who have had personal NDE's. Especially the cases that have been documented and proven credible based upon their testimony of witnessing their resuscitation, doctors and nurses or emergency personal that were present, and surrounding details before leaving this plane of existence.

This website profiles the most profound near-death experiences ever documented along with supporting scientific, metaphysical, and religious material.

Yep! Dannion Brinkley is one such person. I have met him and heard several of his lectures live. He is very authentic.
www.dannion.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join