It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the 'Rapture'.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Good evening everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the data that Harold Camping come up with, in order to conclude that the Rapture is going to occur on May 21st.
He says that this is mention in the bible, where? What kind of calculations is he talking about?
No offence to the believers just curious about how did he come up with such conclusion.

Regards.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
look up harold camping on wikipedia, it gives the mathematical equation this guy used to come up with this. to me it is hogwash but i respect all opinions.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Balderdash. The Bible clearly states the OPPOSITE of what these people are claiming.

Mindless followers are actually beneath those who question.
edit on 15/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This isn't harold camping's first claim of the end of the world
. He claimed it would happened back in '94or something like that. That date came and went with no rapture and so will it with his new date.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Harold claims he was 85% sure the last time but he is 100% sure it will take place this time on May 21st, 2011....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've said this a few time on these many threads concerning the 21st but the bible states no one, not even the angels will know the time of this event.. so it amuses me that this kind of thing even happens.

Seems if you're really a faithful religious person and you know the text of your own bible, that might discouraging you from even wasting your time trying to calculate.. especially given all the failed attempts so far.

No I'm not religious myself

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

In theological circles, the rapture is "immanent" meaning that there are no pre-requisite prophecies that have to be fulfilled before it can take place. It can take place at any time without notice.

Most other prophecies have things that must occur first. For instance, for the beast to desecrate the temple, the temple, and all its attendent tasks, has to be re-established.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

In theological circles, the rapture is "immanent" meaning that there are no pre-requisite prophecies that have to be fulfilled before it can take place. It can take place at any time without notice.

Most other prophecies have things that must occur first. For instance, for the beast to desecrate the temple, the temple, and all its attendent tasks, has to be re-established.

113. His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it." *

* He also states a few times that the kingdom is within you, and outside of you.

51. His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?"
He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it."

People are fooling themselves by sitting around waiting for this "end", because the end is also the beginning:

18. The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

The "beast" is mankind's imperfection (disconnect from the divine), ego, and earthly bonds (materialism).
edit on 15/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: clarification

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Exactly. Jesus states that we will not know the day nor the hour... this guy is trying to scam his way with the blind followers.
edit on 15-5-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Take a look at 2 Thessalonians 2, 1-3 and tell me if our "being gathered together to meet Him" is not synonymous with the rapture. If it is, as I believe, two things still have to happen. You could make a pretty good argument that one of them already has. OP, Camping is a liar.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDaShom
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Exactly. Jesus states that we will not know the day nor the hour... this guy is trying to scam his way with the blind followers.
edit on 15-5-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

With all of the money that he has invested in this, what is the gain??? Fame? Self serving? Just asking. And where did the money come from??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Like some have said before me, the bible states that:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." (NIV, Mark 13:32-33)

Thus, I like to attribute this to the time of death, as no man knows the hour or time he/she is to die.

I suppose this is the "Rapture" or Ascension to higher consciousness or higher level of existence, Heaven if you may.

Your reality is what you make of it, think peace and peace shall be your reality. Your state of being is all there is.
Thus circumstances do not matter, only your state of being is what that matters.

Have faith in yourself and you will save yourself.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Daniel.

All this trouble comes from people playing fast and loose with Daniel, AKA "the crazymaker of the Old Testament."

Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelation are not for noobs.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it." *

* He also states a few times that the kingdom is within you, and outside of you.

51. His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?"
He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it."

People are fooling themselves by sitting around waiting for this "end", because the end is also the beginning:

Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

The "beast" is mankind's imperfection (disconnect from the divine), ego, and earthly bonds (materialism).

Hmmm, I've been a disciple of Christ for quite a while and I can't recall ever reading those passages. Could you link the book, chapter, and verse for us please?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Hmmm, I've been a disciple of Christ for quite a while and I can't recall ever reading those passages. Could you link the book, chapter, and verse for us please?

it must be in the new age bible

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe that is Thomas hes quoting...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seekingtruths

I believe he's getting a ton of moola by spreading BS

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe that is Thomas hes quoting...

Ooooh.....

Nevermind.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

it must be in the new age bible.

No, it's actually a 4th century work that's written under a false name in an effort to lend it credibility.

P.S. There is nothing "new" about New Age dogma. It's the same lie the serpent told Eve in the garden 6,000 years ago: "You can be a god."

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

Good evening everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the data that Harold Camping come up with, in order to conclude that the Rapture is going to occur on May 21st.
He says that this is mention in the bible, where? What kind of calculations is he talking about?
No offence to the believers just curious about how did he come up with such conclusion.

Regards.

A pity those who follow him,i am furious about his ways on research and how he ensnares people to his beliefs and to make matters worse its well funded. i remember a saying in one non cannonized gospel by Thomas. where in the students of jesus asked him when will the end happen and he tells them why are you so concerned about the end yiu haven't even started to know the beginning. And if you read the torah and the tanakh and other hebrew bible sources. you clearly see a God of mercy. and to those race of people who seek mercy he will show it and give it.This world will never end. The jewish people to us is a clear example of life can never be destroyed. They survived human evil extermination yet they are here now as a nation. I just don't believe in harold happy camper campings style. he is deceitful and cunning shelled in an old mans carcass to make you believe in some form of credibility. But he's downright evil

top topics

<<   2 >>

join