It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is wrong with the time the sunsets??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I was just on a website today stating the dun rose 2 days earlier than expected in Alaska. Also stating sunrise/sunset times projected were not quite right. I'll try to find the site, I thought I marked it but I'm not seeing it.

LOL.

"Two days earlier'.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
internet is crud right now... google alaska sunrise 2 hours early and gets alot of results. I just cannot pull them up.

One finally came up www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 15-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Looks like global tilting at work. So let me get this straight? You guys are complaining because the sun is up too many hours and it's too hot? Sorry, can't join your cause, regardless of eventual ramifications.
edit on 15-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I do not think anyone is complaining about it they are just making note of something they have noticed that seems out of place and odd to them. At least I have not read any complains yet.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It could be the chemtrails in the atmosphere reflecting the ambient light farther from the horizon

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino
It could be the chemtrails in the atmosphere reflecting the ambient light farther from the horizon

Or Leprechauns! When they ride Unicorns, they tend to refarct sunlight a specific way making the days appear longer. It's a fact!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaknoevil07
WEll .................I was thinking the sunset is off........and it is by a few minutes.......more like 30-45 minutes.......
Here is the sunset tables........
I live in WV.......
so here it is for east coast usa
www.calendar-365.com...

says length of day is 14 hrs 27 min today.........well that is observable a lie........I am looking out my window and the sun is still up at 0822..............now I may be off 5 min or so on my clock.........but it just seems that the sunset was never this late in the day this early in the spring.............I know it was not earlier in my life or it seemed so.....
am I crazy or is the times of the earth off?
thanks for your thoughts and observations on this.......I am just curious or crazy.

Wow~! hmmm.. yea.. I seriously remember mid-Summer back in mid 70's in Oregon that the sunset would be around 9:30ish or even 10p (which was late~!)

It's 8:51p~!!! and it's light outside.. I'm 'guessing' by mid-summer it'll be close to 11p ?? !!

and I just asked my wife and she noticed it as well.. by our recolection, we're 'normally' used to it being dark around 'maybe' 7p ~!! Not 9pm ! S&F~!
edit on 15-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the dark side. EVERYTHING is out of synch.
The Sun.
The Moon.
The weather.
The birds and the bees........the list is endless.
Very few are noticing and when they do there is an immediate deluge of disinformation coming their way.
You have two options now, follow your gut and hold on tight or let go and sink into the abyss with the rest of the sheep.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by tinker9917
I was just on a website today stating the dun rose 2 days earlier than expected in Alaska. Also stating sunrise/sunset times projected were not quite right. I'll try to find the site, I thought I marked it but I'm not seeing it.

LOL.

"Two days earlier'.

Yes. Two days earlier.
I believe it was Greenland, not Alaska and it happened a few months ago. Apparently they celebrate the end of the perpetual darkness every spring and this year the sun rose two days earlier than ever. They said it was ice melt that caused it because the melting horizon was so much lower this year, pure bullsh*t.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I just found something that may help
It is a sun set calculator

ok .. something is up ..

Star for this because I just punched in PO and it states our sunset is .........7:34p~! But even right now of this post it's twilight~!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
They said it was ice melt that caused it because the melting horizon was so much lower this year, pure bullsh*t.

Why is that '"pure bulls*"?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

ok .. something is up ..

Star for this because I just punched in PO and it states our sunset is .........7:34p~! But even right now of this post it's twilight~!!!

sunset occurs before twilight. Sunset is when the sun disappears behind the horizon. twilight is the light that lingers for over an hour after.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Looks like global tilting at work. So let me get this straight? You guys are complaining because the sun is up too many hours and it's too hot? Sorry, can't join your cause, regardless of eventual ramifications.
edit on 15-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

well yes, that's what we are saying, but then you do your own research and observations there mr. genius..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

ok .. something is up ..

sunset occurs before twilight. Sunset is when the sun disappears behind the horizon. twilight is the light that lingers for over an hour after.

well .. then maybe we're all crazy ..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

They said it was ice melt that caused it because the melting horizon was so much lower this year, pure bullsh*t.

Because the amount of ice melt required to cause this in one season, for the first time, would be staggering and would be a global catastrophy, we're talking TWO DAYS, not two hours. I'm in my den at sea level and not in a canoe right now so it's bullsh*t.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino

Or Leprechauns! When they ride Unicorns, they tend to refarct sunlight a specific way making the days appear longer. It's a fact!

Wow. Thanks for that insight! Here all along I thought it was the human impact on the atmosphere, considering different elements refract and reflect light in various ways. I am simply pointing out that twilight may seem brighter or lasting longer than before, especailly in the northern hemisphere where human impact is greater.

I guess all the pollution we pump it the air really makes no difference. The Unicorns must suck it all up. What would we all do if your incrediblelous input weren't available?
edit on 15-5-2011 by leemachino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Because the amount of ice melt required to cause this in one season, for the first time, would be staggering and would be a global catastrophy,

Yes, well, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the myriad documented evidence showing the extent of the melting in that region is indeed a 'staggering global catastrophe'.

But putting all that aside, what do you think is the reason for that phenomenon?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

ok .. something is up ..

well .. then maybe we're all crazy ..

Not necessarily 'crazy', but certainly fairly ignorant of some of the basic understanding of how the earth and sun relate throughout the seasons.

I blame public schools.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wait... did someone say "chemtrails?"

Please do not try to derail the OP with talk about hoaxes.

Today has seemed to be a bad joke...

edit on 15-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

How is the mere mention of chemtrails derailing the OP? When has chemtrails been proven as a hoax? Seeding clouds is a form of chemtrailing. IMO adding different elements and polltutants can change the way light is reflected or refracted , adding a possible explaination of why the sunsets seem off. (twilight)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join