It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA targeting critics and complainers in a new campaign of retribution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Nope.

When I'm told I no longer have to go through these checkpoints is when you need to start worrying.

Huh?

That's a ridiculous position to take. He asked if being treated like a criminal or felt as though one was being treated like a criminal was basically a kick in the teeth and you (as a Vet) would rather be made to feel this way by extraneous and often overreaching displays of authority?

Security at what price? I know this much, I felt secure before the OK buildings bombing. I felt secure after the OK building bombing. I felt secure before the first failed attack on WTC. I felt secure after the first failed attack on WTC. I felt secure before the 9-1-1 attack. I felt secure after the 9-1-1 attack.

I don't need your perceived sense of security [snip]
edit on 15-5-2011 by elevatedone because: removed vulgar language

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

It makes perfect sense.

I am not above civilians and should be made to go through the same checkpoints as they are. When we are put above civilians is when people should be wary of the military. I don't feel like a criminal when asked to take off my boots. They have metal in them that will set off the metal detector. Why should I be allowed to set off the metal detectors and not stopped as a normal civilian would?

When we stilled had on pin on rank I also was asked to take off my blouse and also had to take off my belt. I pass through the detectors and put them back on. Didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me know.

Also, I'm an active duty soldier, not a Veteran.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Guess it depends on your over all perspective"troop":

In the short view; No,taking off your belt or boots is not really a huge inconvenience; But When you stepback and look hard at the reasons and powerplay involved:and the enchroachment of the TSA( airports; train depots; seaportsand soon public streets and highways):

Then Yes; glorified mall cops who aren't allowed to focus(it's not politically correct.) on middle eastern men( the supposed reason we are running through the constitution like a kid wildly running through the house with scissors).

Then the over bearance and arrogance of "our" govt is stunning, unsettling and demands a deeper more thoughtful perspective. IMHO.
You can chose to play along; not question or look too deeply into what is happening. And wake up one day wondering where your "America" went.
Or you can take a more controversial point of view:i.e.in our constitutional republic the government has limited," enumerated powers". It is to provide the chance for the maximization of freedom thereby unleashing the human potential to achieve.

It's a one time precious gift we simply must steward responsibly. If we lose the "America"I was born into there are no others to run off too. There maybe plenty of nice places to live. butThis 200 year ":experiment" in self-governance was a fluke. and may never be repeated.We are the stewards entrusted to pass it on to the next generation, who in turn hand it down.break the chain and mankind suffers. Abit over dramatic; but that's how I see our citizenship.Thats' why "fundamentally changing America" and"U.N. Agenda 21" ( so called:"sustainable development") sets my hair ablaze every time I hear it.

edit on 15-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join