It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR joins AP in demanding visual proof of Osama bin Laden's death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

NPR joins AP in demanding visual proof of Osama bin Laden's death

www.rawstory.com

Shortly after the White House announced that it had conducted an operation that killed terrorist leader Osama bin Laden, news organizations began clammoring for visual proof. The Associated Press, Politico and Fox News were among them, along with a host of advocacy groups.

Yesterday, National Public Radio (NPR) said it was joining the demand to see evidence of bin Laden's death, filing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the White House.

"Pictures of Osama bin Laden and other images from that mission would have compelling news value and public interest," Dick Meyer, NPR
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
NPR is now joining in with the Associated Press the two most recent in a growing line of news organizations demanding some kind of proof for the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Meanwhile in a sad effort to forestall public release of the information that is fuelling controversy and conspiracy theories alike the White House is seeking to do a similar 9-11 Commission Style end around, by trying to placate the growing concern and protest by news media and the public alike, by just showing ‘select’ members of the Congress and the Senate the photos.

Amazingly while decrying conspiracy theorists the government’s own suspect actions are in fact feeding into them, and the Media is just not buying fully into the charade at this point either.

It looks like the Judiciary will end up having to weigh in on it, hopefully for full disclosure.

We can only hope in the meantime that video and other photographic evidence doesn’t end up at the bottom of the Arabian Sea too.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't really understand why this is such a big deal. It might be slightly different, but they no problems showing off the pictures of Saddam and his sons. Just get it over with and let us move on.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Heh, good luck... Unless you're invited to the CIA headquarters in Langley you ain't gonna see it.

Fear not, several elected reps are going to have the opportunity to do just that on our behalf, and will tell the world about the shocking and too gruesome for the public evidence we are not allowed to see.

It's all good.

Now, stop making silly demands and show your patriotism by celebrating the killing of Osama, and praise your president for making it happen.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I don't really understand why this is such a big deal. It might be slightly different, but they no problems showing off the pictures of Saddam and his sons. Just get it over with and let us move on.

It's either a ploy by the white house to keep the killing in the press and making political mileage for the Administration and the War on Terror, or they really don't have proof for some reason.

Nothing else makes sense no matter how badly some people might like to make it seem that this route does.

Thanks for joining in.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
delaying the pics is feeding the fires. hmm. why would they want to feed the fires ?

to distract everyone as long as they can, hopefully up to about october '12

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This sounds like a good old fashioned scam on the public to me PT. You and I both know the MSM could care less about the public, or the truth. So I would say we've got some good cop, bad cop going on here. S&F.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Rook1545

It's either a ploy by the white house to keep the killing in the press and making political mileage for the Administration and the War on Terror, or they really don't have proof for some reason.

They have proof, but it will likely fail in the public domain because most of it is fabricated.

Their top priority now is to prove to the world that Osama was very much alive before killed in this raid, and that he was in control of Al Qaeda... Expect his handwritten notes and journals (confirmed his handwriting) to be released any moment now... (I'm not kidding, watch for this news) .. This will show that he was very much still in control of Al Qaeda, but there were no active plots in the works.

They need to prove this NOW, and slowly reveal more details from his handwritten papers overtime.

Al Qadea must be removed from the equation, along with Osama to prevent the ability of a major US enemy staging attacks on US, UK and Israeli targets and blaming it on Al Qaeda, even with a fabricated claim of responsibility from Osama himself.

Can't happen now can it?

But, attacks in retaliation for his killing can, and that also must be mitigated, before it is used.

They created this monster, and were forced to kill it before it was used against them.

Prove me wrong CIA!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Obama didn't "make it happen", intel assets on the ground relayed information to their officers who passed it up the chain of command. Obama took over 16 hours to fiddle faddle around before giving the green light for the SEAL team to go in. Obama gets to reap the benefits and claim credit for killing OBL when he didn't want to give the go ahead at first and truth be known, he had to be talked into it by military and intel advisors. Joe "long wind" Biden it is rumored said to Obama, "if this works you'll be re-elected with no doubt just like W was".

Its just a fluke that benefits the worst president since Jimmy Carter. We really shouldn't be celebrating at all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The whitehouse filed them with the missing minutes of the watergate tapes in the archives...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I look forward to them all demanding photographic proof that Hitler and Chingis Khan are really dead too.......

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
I look forward to them all demanding photographic proof that Hitler and Chingis Khan are really dead too.......

Well, they have to be dead. You know how old they would be if they were still alive?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The problem is that the federal government never tells the whole truth. While showing the photos may seem like a good idea, the reasons for not showing such, they have stated, as it would cause far more problems than it is creating. This will ultimately lead to the governments position that such is classified and use such in court, to stall if not shoot down any and all lawsuits at this time for the release of any and all photos and videos of the event. The federal government never plays fair, and there are 2 solutions, both would be against the law, as it would require someone to break the law, and the press would be protected by such, that would be the unauthorized release of those photos.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It pains me to say this, but it is the absolute truth:
"They" could show pictures, yet it would not impress me in the least. I, for one, believe Osama has been dead for a long time. Who's to say that any pictures shown, would not actually be from long ago when Osama actually did die. I have zero trust in my government and for me, anything "they" say is suspect.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, they have to be dead. You know how old they would be if they were still alive?

not the point

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Heh, good luck... Unless you're invited to the CIA headquarters in Langley you ain't gonna see it.

Fear not, several elected reps are going to have the opportunity to do just that on our behalf, and will tell the world about the shocking and too gruesome for the public evidence we are not allowed to see.

It's all good.

Now, stop making silly demands and show your patriotism by celebrating the killing of Osama, and praise your president for making it happen.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

This is about the size and extent of what the government would like us to do and the process that they want to employ.

While its a terrible way to run a government, the funny thing is, I don't think that's the mainstream news media's objection here, rather that they are being cut out of a pay day, since they can making ratings and increase advertising revenue with events like this and providing us all the gory details, as opposed to all the factual ones.

To the government its all about control, to the media it's all about profit and market share.

If us citizens don't look out for ourselves no one is.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Alex says "that's how stupid they think you are"

It's true, Alex, you're wasting your time, they aren't seeking to convince a minority here, its the majority of stupid people they are playing to.

You can rant all you want, you can cite case after case, with evidence and proof, and at the end of the day, they win, because they have access and controls over the mass media where the majority of "stupid people" get their news and information.

Anyone with common sense, an open mind and with a little research can easily study and conclude that the whole Osama Bin Laden/ Al Qaeda saga was a farce from beginning to END.... But then they watch CNN, they find out they are wrong, and that they are crazy for even thinking a conspiracy was possible, they are forced into the nut-house fringe of "conspiracy theorists" caged in with the reptilian, chupacabra believers, amongst the most ridiculous and most ridiculed... No, it is much easier to accept the official news and information... It is simpler to be one of those stupid people.

They created the monster Al Qaeda, and Osama Bin Laden, and had to kill him, and minimize Al Qaeda's abilities... Because their own creation, backed by years of lies and fabrications was about to be used against their most precious interests.

Don't bother going there either Alex, all that really matters is that OBL is dead, the official stories will prevail, and will convince enough to achieve both political and national security objectives.

-End of Story-

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You know the great thing is when you are playing to people who want to be convinced its not that hard to convince them.

The truth is Alex Jone's audience is not that much different than the Main Stream News media's audience is too.

Most people when it comes to news and views look for sources that match what they want to hear and their own views.

The trick is looking at all the sources as critically and open minded as you can to come up with the closest thing to the real truth.

Truth that's always going to be subjective.

"There is no such thing as truth, only perspective" ~ Marcus Tulius Cicero

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Any "proof" they might have probably won't fool anyone. Their window of opportunity closed the minute they announced it without proof. The burial at sea was the icing on the cake.

Their ridiculous shams of excuses and their indoctrinating the congressional members one by one isn't helping their case either.

I'm afraid this might remain a doubt forever. A rapidly increasing number of the people simply do not trust the government, and this delaying and withholding any video and photographic evidence they may have had didn't help their case at all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
it doesn't matter whether they show proof of anything or not, we know who the real enemy and villains are,
and the sooner we focus all our attention on fixing that problem the sooner we can resolving the worlds problems and getting on with our lives in relative harmony

edit on 12-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join