It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA to Make Bin Laden Pictures Available to Select Lawmakers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
CIA to Make Bin Laden Pictures Available to Select Lawmakers

The CIA will make photos of a deceased Usama bin Laden available to members of the Senate Armed Services Committee and Intelligence Committee, according to a Capitol Hill source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity.

Source

Additional Source

This is what should have happened immediately after the raid. If these Lawmakers choose to see the photos and report on it, it will go a long way in convincing me of the basic official story. I am sure there are details we're not being told, but it would be that way for any top secret military operation.

edit on 5/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The CIA will make photos

Those 5 words probably sum the whole thing up

If they're being released to more and more people then I figure it won't be long until they are leaked

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Great, the best way to keep a secret is to tell everybody.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Oh how this will unfold, only time will tell ...

By the way, why is it being shown to lawyers???

Doesn't the World have a right to know, more than lawyers? Or are lawyers gonna proof read the information & photos and then if all's good, they're gonna give an OK to release it to everyone ...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
If they're being released to more and more people then I figure it won't be long until they are leaked

From what I understand, they are not being "released", the lawmakers will be invited to the CIA headquarters to VIEW them. That's all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
No really?

Guess I was just a bit ahead of the news curve when I posted this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You think they'll know the difference between the real deal, a photoshop, and a look-a-like ?

They'd be too stupid to know the difference!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah, you had it nailed!

I don't see anything wrong with this plan. I have not gotten to the point where I think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.
Hanging out on a conspiracy board, it's easy to start to question EVERYTHING, and not just question, but DISBELIEVE. It's an effect of the conspiracy mindset. Eventually, CTers are likely to think that everything they are told is a lie. That's paranoid and not rational. Some things ARE as they appear.

reply to post by bluemirage5

No, they obviously wouldn't know the difference.
That's already been proven. But I have to take into account the context of the situation. They are being invited to the CIA headquarters to view them. These pics aren't something they saw on some blog in the Internet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well, a week has past so they've had time to work with some photoshoped photos......

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah, you had it nailed!

I don't see anything wrong with this plan. I have not gotten to the point where I think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.
Hanging out on a conspiracy board, it's easy to start to question EVERYTHING, and not just question, but DISBELIEVE. It's an effect of the conspiracy mindset. Eventually, CTers are likely to think that everything they are told is a lie. That's paranoid and not rational. Some things ARE as they appear.

Yeah, by a few hours even.

Really BH, you do know what is best here, and it requires no thought... But it is becoming clear that they CAN'T do the right things here, not that they wont.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It takes a little time to assemble a Hollywod special effects and graphic arts team. We apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,
Special Effects Division of the CIA

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I probably wouldn't mind this idea too much IF,

we could decide who were the ones to view it. lol

I think the CIA plan will just add to the confusion and untrustfulness-all which has been created by them as they told so many "verisons".

The sad thing is we still don't know the whole truth. Not that we even should have been told any of the operational details etc BUT, Obama and Team opened that door and now they can't close it.
edit on 5/11/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

PS: My prediciton as to who some of the members will be who get selected.

Sen Reid, Sen Schumer, Sen Dodd, Sen Frank, Sen Kerry & House Rep Pelosi and Connyers. That way they can just keep them towing the party line.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Well, a week has past so they've had time to work with some photoshoped photos......

Of course, that's what the conspiracy camp is saying. But if you give it 1/2 second's thought, you'd realize that if this was a big conspiracy, they would have had the pictures photoshopped months ago.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Really BH, you do know what is best here, and it requires no thought... But it is becoming clear that they CAN'T do the right things here, not that they wont.

Sorry, I don't follow. What is best? What is the right thing?

Originally posted by anon72
I think the CIA plan will just add to the confusion and untrustfulness-all which has been created by them as they told so many "verisons".

You know, I keep hearing this claim, but have yet to hear even 2 different versions released by the White House.

The sad thing is we still don't know the whole truth.

Do you expect to know the whole truth about a top secret military operation to kill Osama Bin Laden? Do you really expect that?

Not that we even should have been told any of the operational details etc BUT, Obama and Team opened that door and now they can't close it.

Are you suggesting that because they told us SOME of the details, they are now obligated to tell us ALL the details? I don't get your logic.

PS: My prediciton as to who some of the members will be who get seletct.

Did you read the source? It will be members of the bipartisan Senate Armed Services Committee and the bipartisan Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

That way they can just keep them towing the party line.

Seems it is YOU who is towing the party line here.
Project much?

edit on 5/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I think there is 99.9% probability that the Seal Team killed OBL.

I think the story we currently have as to how the raid occured is likely only 60% accurate.

I think there is a 50-50 chance that they kept the body for review by the CIA.

The burial at sea is the most questionable part of this story IMO.

The CIA are very, very sharp folks.

If all they wanted was facial recognition and DNA...they could have gathered it on scene and left the body...and they did gather DNA and Facial Recog. on the scene...so..

Why not leave the body?

Were they so worried about him being burried in accordance to Islamic custom?
No...there is uncertaintity as to whether burial at sea is in keeping with custom and it is odd that they would assasinate a man without trial...repeatedly claim he is not a true Muslim and then go to great and controversial lengths to bury him in an Islamic manner that many scholars say was not even according to custom...makes no sense.

Were they worried about leaving the body because it would be a pain in the ass for the Pakistani's? No...actually leaving the body for the Pakastani's would have solved a good deal of problems...the photos would have been leaked immediately, there would have been a mild gawker-fest...proof without compromising principles...and handing the Pakastani's the dilema of what to do with the body would have let them know how we felt about the situation. The Pakastani's sheltered him...leaving the body there would be a good message and solve all types of problems.

Why take the body with?...not for evidence..DNA, facial recognition and measurements were taken on scene.

The body was taken for a reason and IMO it makes no sense to dispose of it in the sea...it would have made more sense for multiple reasons to leave it there.

I am 50-50 that they shipped the body home for a purpose. Either as a morbid trophy...his skull sitting in the vault of the CIA or for the Pentagon to examine it personally...they did, after all have a personal vendetta with the man as a plane struck the Pentagon and killed their bretheren.

Leaving OBL there would have been a subtle ef you to the Pakastani Intelligence...you sheltered him...you deal with it... and solved the whole issue of what to do with the body, islamic custom, the release of pictures etc.. Taking it with had no advantage if not for shipping it back to the states.
edit on 11-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You know, I keep hearing this claim, but have yet to hear even 2 different versions released by the White House.

Can you tell me what exactly happened, as you heard reported and are using as the basis for only one verison being told?

I guess that would be the best place to start a debate. What is the official verison that you are accepting?

As far as expecting the whole truth or all the details. Of course not. But the ones they decided to elaborare on-sure. Words means things. Lets find out since it appears, by their own accounts, that they changed the story.

In other words.. what floats your boat on this one?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Great assessment. I hadn't broken it down like that, but I pretty much agree.

I think the burial at sea and even the time of the raid is questionable. I can see them keeping his body while they did DNA testing and other ID matching. Yes, they could have left the body there, but what if it wasn't him? What if the DNA didn't match? Then they would have this anonymous dead guy (Osama look-alike) out there for people to speculate about. THAT would be a nightmare! Keeping the body is really the only way to maintain control regardless of the DNA outcome.

Whether he was buried at sea or his rotting corpse is on display in a secret room safe in the CIA headquarters is irrelevant to me. I don't care what they did with it.
I don't think we'll ever know.

Seal Team killed OBL - I'm going to say 85% sure.

Raid took place WHEN they say it did - 40% probability.
CIA kept the body - 30% probability. I don't really see why they would. They might bury it somewhere, but I don't think they're keeping it stored on ice or anything. Eeeww.
Buried at sea - 10% probability. That was a cover story to cover their actions. It's a mob story!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
What is the official verison that you are accepting?

I'm not sure of your question, but I gave my own personal views in the previous post.

The official story from the White House is that the raid took place on May 1 (depending on which time zone you're talking about). Some people (official WH-released photo) sat and watched something (got updates) while it happened. OBL and wife were in the room, guns nearby. OBL resisted, was shot and taken to be buried at sea. Yay, Team!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I hadn't thought of the possibility that the DNA might have shown up a negative match...then you would have a seal team 100's of miles away sitting around asking...so who did we just kill?

Curious as to why you are uncertain of timing.

Missions into uninvited territory in the dead of night are risky and not something they would do for show. One of thier top-secret heliciopters crashed...people could have easily died...and now the Pakastani's and to some extent the world due to pics...know a little about the technology behind our stealth choppers. Lots to lose staging the event if not for a genuine prize. The whole town of Abbottobad heard the raid...and the wife and child said it was in fact OBL and that they saw him killed that day.

I give the time and place of death, plus identity a 99.9% certaintity rating given the evidence.

Given your point about wanting the body in-hand when the DNA results came back...I'd now put the certaintity that they burried him at sea at maybe 60%.

And as far as factual accounting of how the raid went down...60% true thus far. Some day some old seal will write a book or an FOIA will be honored long after any intelligence sources etc. are relevant...but that will be a couple of decades from now IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

During the first reports from the news stations, before the White House released the official story, several of them stated that OBL had been killed in a raid "last week". Also, there's the tweet of megs (did you see that thread?) where she said she was watching the FOX ticker and it reported OBL was dead... On April 28th. She tweeted in on the 28th.

I am not convinced of this, but my surety level is low because I think it would be more likely that the US military would have a super secret raid on the 28th, take the body and do DNA and facial recognition and wait for the DNA. Then toss the now 4-day-old corpse in a grave or in the sea, and claim the raid happened the previous day, so as not to offend the Americans and the Muslim world.

If they reported that the raid happened days previously, Americans would be upset that we weren't told of the raid IMMEDIATELY. And the Muslim world would be offended that the body was stored and not buried for 3-4 days.

Having said that, it doesn't explain why the family are saying that he was killed in the raid on the date given. And it doesn't account for the happenings in the compound in the interim days, so I realize that theory is pretty flimsy.

Missions into uninvited territory in the dead of night are risky and not something they would do for show.

Oh, I forgot one: Pakistan didn't know about this and is upset that it happened: 0%.
Just my belief at this point.

I give the time and palce of death, plus identity a 99.9% certaintity rating given the evidence.

You're probably right, I just need more evidence to be convinced. But I don't have to be. Whether it happened on the 28th or on the 2nd of May, it doesn't matter to me.

Some day some old seal will write a book or an FOIA will be honored long after any intelligence sources etc. are relevant...but that will be a couple of decades from now IMO.

I'd love to be around to read that book.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by maybereal11

During the first reports from the news stations, before the White House released the official story, several of them stated that OBL had been killed in a raid "last week". Also, there's the tweet of megs (did you see that thread?) where she said she was watching the FOX ticker and it reported OBL was dead... On April 28th. She tweeted in on the 28th.

The last week thing seems plausable to me. Incomplete leaks occur as the news disseminates. Politicians and there PR staff like to be on the News Networks good side, so they anonymously leak stuff as soon as they can in hopes of currying favor. Whoever leaked it was not entirely informed and when asked when siad something like "I don't know...last week?"

The ticker thing? I have read many a thread on ATS where people said they saw something on the FOX or CNN ticker but then "nothing"...I have to suspect that a fast moving news ticker without any story, voice or video accompanying it is a recipe for people misreading it or thinking they saw something.

<<   2  3 >>

join