It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(To christians... ) So.... just hypothetically....what if Jesus returns... (Serious responses only p

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"He would not be a commander or general, he would likely be a hermit. No one would even consider his words valid because he would have no status in this world. Poor, humble, and meek. "

a) Jesus, as defined by Christians and muslims would return to wage war. On what document are you suggesting he would be a hermit. Note that I will not oppose Jesus having hermit like qualities. But basis what we kknow of Jesus from 2 different sources.. Jesus will return to wage war.

b) I agree with the second half of the part of your post which I quoted. He would have no status in the world, by birth.
He will probably not be from a background that you might consider elite... in fact, he could have beeen rise from a family that can be described as poor, humble and meek.

Being from a poor background does not mean that one cannot go on to achieve great things in thie world.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dont think the world would want Jesus to come back now! IF, Jesus did come this very moment...i'd say AT LEAST 90% of the population would not be happy. In fact, many people would be surprised as to who would make it and who wouldn't. Most people, in today's society, live for themselves. They do for themselves, they they take care themselves; and the only time they care, is when it strikes close to home. Other than that, to each his own and every man for himself.

I also belive, that Jesus would want us to take a stand for RIGHTEOUSNESS! What's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. I don't think Jesus would want us to sit idly by and do nothing....while our neighbors are being slained and slaughtered, around the globe. I believe Jesus would want us to take a stand, and do something! What did Peter do when they came for Jesus?

Remember, Jesus said...IF HE wanted to...HE could call on the Angels..and that would be that (in layman's terms) But, Jesus didn't call on the Angels because HE had to do HIS thing, in a peaceful manner. (Not that he wasn't thinking battle). Now that HE has ascended to HIS throne...i believe HE wants US to conquor evil! And, the only way to conquor that evil...is with good. Also, sometimes wars have to be faught because everything has it's due season, so discernment is needed when entering the battle.

If people believe that mankind is to be run by corporations, governments, and other people...think again! God commanded man to be fruitful and multiply and SUBDUE every living thing! He commanded us to DOMINATE and not be dominated! Unfortunately, the church wants us to be peaceful protesters and say, "Jesus loves you" or 'WWJD'. But, that's BULL-DINKY!

When Jesus does return...i think it will be just in the nick of time. It certainly won't be before Armegeddon...it will probably be sometime during or close to the end. Why Christians think the rapture is gonna happen before then, is beyond me? Remember, we still have to get to the mark of the beast and not being able to buy or selling, first; so we have a liiiiiiittle bit of time left, before the 'show' begins.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

a) Jesus, as defined by Christians and muslims would return to wage war. On what document are you suggesting he would be a hermit. Note that I will not oppose Jesus having hermit like qualities. But basis what we kknow of Jesus from 2 different sources.. Jesus will return to wage war.

sources please

Just from what is written about him, i believe no one would even realize who he was...

Return to wage spiritual war, i would agree with that, not physical war though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In order to obtain justice, this system of worldwide control needs to be addressed. I don't think anything is going to change the world just because someone arrives with a message of peace and love, however well worded it is. Peace and love will be the beautiful destination of the deserving, but it's probably going to be rough ride on the way.

The gospel of Thomas contains a quote very much like this:- 'Men will come claiming perhaps, I have come to cast peace upon the Earth, but they are in error, I have come to cast dissention upon the Earth: fire, sword and war. Five will be in a household; three will stand against two; two against three; father against son and they will stand solitary.'

Why will the war Jesus claims to bring divide families? It's explained in Matthew 13 (the parable of the weeds). The implications are fairly disturbing.

Making out Jesus was soft was the doings of the bad guys. He most certainly wasn't sent by Yahweh.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Return to wage spiritual war, i would agree with that, not physical war though.

I agree as well once all souls of humble are out of range of destruction all left behind in 3d physical will be dealt with in flesh and once then after their last drop has dripped. To the otherside to finish cleaning up.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Im curious, what do you believe this parable says in Matthew 13 ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

sources please

Are you asking me for sources in christian and islamic eschatology?

Just from what is written about him, i believe no one would even realize who he was...

EXACTLY!
(Going by the premise of the religions that believe in this Jesus character), no one would recognize Jesus even if he returned in our times to be portrayed as a bearded man in a turban carrying an RPG.

Return to wage spiritual war, i would agree with that, not physical war though. "

What exactly do you mean by spiritual war?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Are you asking me for sources in christian and islamic eschatology?

Whatever you read to come to your conclusions

even if he returned in our times to be portrayed as a bearded man in a turban carrying an RPG.

see this would not happen though.

What exactly do you mean by spiritual war?

Basically to continue his ministry... showing people the path, and watching as they try to comprehend.

Spiritual war is waged every day, even on these forums believe it or not

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Making out Jesus was soft was the doings of the bad guys. He most certainly wasn't sent by Yahweh.

What exactly gave you that idea?

edit on 10-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am willing to provide the sources you asked for, if you could elaborate what you wanted.

You replied to my question....
"What exactly do you mean by spiritual war?'

Basically to continue his ministry... showing people the path, and watching as they try to comprehend.

I dont get it, so you are saying that nobody gets hurt when he returns. Even the anti-christ (whoever he is)...and his forces??

Let me ask you, on what source material are you basing your idea of Jesus? Is it the bible or the Koran?

edit on 10-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The anti-Christ? Do you think the "anti-christ" is a single person?

I don't, i see it more as a rejection of Christ's teachings. Theres plenty of "anti-christs" alive today, but this is more about Revelations isn't it.

My idea of Jesus comes from a number of sources, but i guess the bible would be the main one.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Do you think the "anti-christ" is a single person?

Well, from my understanding of the anti-christ (according to the bible) it is a term referred to both a single person (the beast) and an entire system as well. The muslims also believe this... what was your point?

I don't, i see it more as a rejection of Christ's teachings. Theres plenty of "anti-christs" alive today, but this is more about Revelations isn't it.

Its not just about Revelations. Its about an idea common to both Christianity and Islam... that a certain "Jesus" character will return to kill a certian "anti-christ" character.

My idea of Jesus comes from a number of sources, but i guess the bible would be the main one.

Well, officially there can be just 2 major sources that mention Jesus(as someone who will return) in their respective scriptures... i.e Christianity and Islam as well. So besides the bible, what are your other sources?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That the Devil has sown his seed amongst mankind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There are writings outside of the Bible that clearly suggest that Jesus wasn't from Yahweh. He comes from the invisible and original God.

You can find this God and when you do, you'll know beyond doubt that he of Leviticus, for example, didn't send us Jesus. It took me until chapter 22 of Genesis to have that realisation.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Technically the next line was my point....anyways...

Heres another thread from the same guy that authored the first one i posted...

I think you may find it...enlightening

Rise of the Anti-Christ...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Consider the posibility that not everyone that was written about in the bible understood God. Also considering the bible was written by the hand of man, you'll find "God" condoning many things such as murder.

I don't see how you can make that claim about Jesus while reading the OT honestly

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There have been warnings for two thousand years. There are those who have been preparing and those who have not. Either way...EVERYONE will be taken unaware. (And there are going to be a lot of people who will be downright BUMMED at the manner of His Coming.)

He is coming to defeat His enemies, the Powers of Darkness, and He is coming to cleanse the earth. (I've always thought it would happen one of two ways: 1) Devastating nuclear war; 2) Extended drought and somebody in a pickup tosses out a cigarette).

Anyway, the wheat will be sifted from the chaff and the sheep will be separated from the goats.

Just try to either be a kernel or a lamb!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ummm...I think you are missing the point. The whole topic is based on the premise of the Christian and Islamic eschatology. The thread theme is not about whether or not one believes this.

Either way, you are most welcome to start a thread outlining your perspective on religion.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

ummm.... even the muslims believe that.
The question raised in this thread was on how you, as a christian would react if Jesus returned as described in the OP.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Akragon

ummm...I think you are missing the point. The whole topic is based on the premise of the Christian and Islamic eschatology. The thread theme is not about whether or not one believes this.

Either way, you are most welcome to start a thread outlining your perspective on religion.

yup i realize that... im not trying to derail your thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join