It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Church Burnings Are Happening All Over The World And The U.S. Media Is Deadly Silent About

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Link to Article

The article mentions,

"There seems to be an unspoken rule that you should never report on anything that would portray the Christian faith in a positive light - even if it is reporting on how churches are being mercilessly burned to the ground. Others fear that reporting on church burnings would somehow justify the endless wars in the Middle East. But the truth is that many of the regimes that the U.S. government has put in place or is propping up are actively involved in the persecution of Christians."

This is the first time I've heard about this. Have I missed some posts here on ATS or has this story be debunked? The article says hundreds of churches have been burned down.

RAW,Egypt, Coptic church burned down after street battles between Christians and Muslims

edit on 9-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Egypt certainly isnt all over the world. I did see it briefly flicking through the channels and read about it online instead (I hate listening to anchor people drone on). All the articles I find on it are centered on cairo. Is there reports of this happening in other parts of the world?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
These Christian church burnings must be the act of the peaceful Muslim brotherhood that we have heard about in Egypt. Doesn't POTUS Barry support this brotherhood?
Furthermore, I don't expect to read much support on your thread from the anti-Christian movement that is so prevalent here. SnF

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Faux outrage --

Loved this -- it is getting hard to be a christian in Pakistan -- harder than being islamic or atheist in the US??

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
Link to Article

The article mentions,

"There seems to be an unspoken rule that you should never report on anything that would portray the Christian faith in a positive light - even if it is reporting on how churches are being mercilessly burned to the ground. Others fear that reporting on church burnings would somehow justify the endless wars in the Middle East. But the truth is that many of the regimes that the U.S. government has put in place or is propping up are actively involved in the persecution of Christians."

This is the first time I've heard about this. Have I missed some posts here on ATS or has this story be debunked?

RAW,Egypt, Coptic church burned down after street battles between Christians and Muslims

Firstly, I am a Christian and these things always disturb me too. This is not the first this has happened. Some of the earliest Christians were the Egyptians called Coptics. They have been persecuted non-stop. I knew a Coptic, I didn't know what went on. He said he was Egyptian and I asked if he missed his native country. He most definately did not, a group of muslims enterred his house and threw his brother out a window where he died. I don't rember the reason, sorry this was 26 years ago when he told me the story.

Christian churches all over the world are regularly destroyed and the Christians are attacked. There are websites that track these things. As a rule the mass media does not discuss these things much and hasn't for decades because they don't want to upset the Christians in America and demand that we get involved. I don't know that we should be involved. It says many will be martyred. In the new testament the story is told of Stephan, he was ripped apart by hand for being a believer, many others were thrown to the lions. It is terrible; but, it is true.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I totally disagree that the media doesnt report church burnings, or deliberately tries to portray Christians in a negative light. That the persecution complex that various denominations fascinate themselves with. And which Jon Stewart mocked so well,

www.thedailyshow.com...

If anyone has the right to complain about how their religion is portrayed in the media, it is witches.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Burning christian churches is pretty common in rural parts of indonesia, but only after they have murdered the priest and whoever else is unlucky enough to be in the vicinity at the time.
edit on 9-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can not help but to think; are these churches being built where they are not wanted? Religions do tend to in one way or another impose it onto others, they all do and some have even used force to do so. Of these churches, I wonder, are they even used. I could understand why this could happen, if they were built in a place that totally opposed it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I can not help but to think; are these churches being built where they are not wanted? Religions do tend to in one way or another impose it onto others, they all do and some have even used force to do so. Of these churches, I wonder, are they even used. I could understand why this could happen, if they were built in a place that totally opposed it.

First off, welcome very very new member.
Secondly, If your trolling for an argument on your ridicules blanket comment, at least post some links referencing Christians forbidding another religion from building another area of worship.
Thirdly, I expect a weak comment about the murderous muslims that want to build on ground zero.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Thirdly, I expect a weak comment about the murderous muslims that want to build on ground zero.

No one has ever proposed a mosque at ground zero. Its a flat out lie. As the map I am linking to shows, clearly, the proposed building is two blocks away.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, I expect some churches to be casualties to the crisis in the Middle East. I'm more interested in articles that I'm reading now where they are targets. Whether they are targeted because of backlash to Anglo Imperialism (Catholicism) or being symbols of Western influence, this is an element that shouldn't be dismissed from the discussions about unrest.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just a divide and conquer strategy by the Zionists. If you can't beat them, turn them against eachother. If I'm not mistaken, one of Mubarak's men was being investigated for being behind the New Years church bombing in Alexandria.

edit on 9-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Just a divide and conquer strategy by the Zionists. If you can't beat them, turn them against eachother.

I would tend to agree with you. This is more likely a political ploy by someone who feels they will benefit from dividing Egypt along religious lines than it is some beginning of the persecution of Christians by Muslims.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I did hear some news about issues of this matter in Cairo,Egypt. I was disappointed to hear such.
Now I am alarmed. As the minority religions in these regions are most likely not receiving the protection
from violence that they require. Furthermore, It directs one to look deeper into the meaning and aims of
the current activists seeking "Reform." Does this new reform consider the freedom of religious choice?

Or is it politically and economically focused only?

Worrisome. Wars of the future can be prevented or created now in this current turmoil.

Correct decisions now, could save our children from costly and horrendous decisions later. S&F
edit on 9-5-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yeah I have a friend in Egypt who has been telling me about all the church burnings going on at the moment.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

If anyone has the right to complain about how their religion is portrayed in the media, it is witches.

yep, i totally agree, and depending on which side of the fence your on you can argue that your the victim of religious persecution..
oh they burned down my church, they burned down my synagogue, oh they burned down our mosque...
the sword has cut in all directions at different places and times in history...
the attacker today was yesterdays victim.. etc etc..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

um what do you expect, if the people don't want christianty in there countries they will push them out. there has always been the wars of religion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
what goues around comes around.
but No one has lernt any lessons from the past.
they still do it and all ways will.
sad

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Dear Skewed,

Then I guess you are in favor of Israel destroying the second most holy spot of muslims and rebuilding the temple.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Deadly silent are you sure? i saw this new on cnn american morning and loads of people watch that also..

Egyptian Copts, reeling from violence, want protection

Church burning deepens tumult of Egypt transition

So where is this deadly silence?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join