It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Bigfoot as some of you know is one of my favorite cryptic creatures. I think I owe it to myself to create the best Bigfoot thread I can with my knowledge about Bigfoot. Bigfoot has been the subject of native American campfire stories to news events and hoaxes.President Theodore Roosevelt was a strong believer in Bigfoot after he and a team of explorers had an encounter with the unknown Cryptozoic animal. To get you up to speed, this is some info on what to know first:bigfootinfo
The most famous bigfoot film:Patterson filmWhat I find intresting about this film is that more than one tried to claim that they were the ones involved in it being a hoax saying they were the one in the supposed ape costume. I will be back to this thread with more information in replies.
edit on 6-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You should read the book called Apes among us. Its an awesome read on the subject.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I'll look into that. I should be able find it on Amazon.com. I'll be back to this thread with more stuff on bigfoot. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The biggest problem with the Patterson Footage that I've found is that it actually shows TWO identical Bigfoots heading in different directions. So he either got extra super lucky, or there were two takes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you love bigfoot, you're going to love this youtube vid that I was sent a couple of days ago. It's from the 70's but the information is still valid and not tainted in my opinion, as it was current at the time. Bit lengthy but WELL worth the time:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Care to elaborate or show some evidence?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
reply to post by Vrill

I'll look into that. I should be able find it on Amazon.com. I'll be back to this thread with more stuff on bigfoot. Thanks.

No problem. Its a very good book. some say the best on the subject.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

If you look into the Wikipedia link I posted, they display evidence on Bigfoot. please click on the link called bigfootinfo I placed on my thread. Wikipedia has become a pretty trust worthy site for information on just about everything.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Interesting video hefflo7. Kinda long for youtube tho. But their information seems accurate even for today's research on being done on Bigfoot.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
reply to post by Ajax

If you look into the Wikipedia link I posted, they display evidence on Bigfoot. please click on the link called bigfootinfo I placed on my thread. Wikipedia has become a pretty trust worthy site for information on just about everything.

You're trolling, right? Wikipedia is known for having false information. Especially the Bigfoot page. Please don't use it as a reference.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I know wikipedia has been wrong before but most of the stuff on bigfoot seems right.Oh and good to hear from you trollz.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Shouldn't we have some bones, blood, DNA, hair, skin, stool, urine, fingernail, feathers

something

besides crappy videos and plaster casts ?!?!?

Sorry but Bigfoot is like my Kryptonite.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree, but usually, when an Animal dies or is dying, they go quiet away places far from anyone or anything and die peacefully.

Or maybe Bigfoot bury their kin....but that wouldnt account for rogues though.

Yeah, it is weird. You'd think by now we'd of found a corpse. Or maybe we have, and we just couldnt identify it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the only convincing evidence for Bigfoot for me is the Patterson film

i always thought no man would hoax a female creature with saggy boobs and the creatures movement and the proportions of it are so life like I can't ever get it out of my head

having said that I still need convincing,i have seen one of the legendary Giant birds that some people report but i only saw that one, so sometimes i think i saw the last one. maybe Pattersons BF was the last one? I dunno

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Or maybe the theory is true that Bigfoot is from another plain of existence and just crosses over every so often. That theory is a big wild, but hey, Bigfoot stories in general are wild.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
well i guess I believe that is possible ,I just don't think it likely.I would need to exhaust every other avenue of explanation I just know that often these are bears. animals have a great ability to sort of shapeshift in certian situations and example is a cat fuzzing up when threatened

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I admit I kind of laughed when I saw the reference to the Wikipedia article. For a long time it has been very controversial in Bigfoot circles. I went back and read it the other day and was pleasantly surprised that it seems to have been cleaned up a little and a little less biased. I know there was a push last year by Bigfoot organizations, including bfro.net to make it less one sided.

I probably still wouldn't send someone who doesn't know much about the subject there first. I would probably recommend some books by Jeff Meldrum or Lorne Coleman to start.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

i always thought no man would hoax a female creature with saggy boobs and the creatures movement and the proportions of it are so life like I can't ever get it out of my head

That is probably one of the best and truest reasons I have ever heard!!!

I got a huge laugh out of that but it also makes a lot of sense.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

That is probably one of the best and truest reasons I have ever heard!!!

I got a huge laugh out of that but it also makes a lot of sense.

hilariously enough I have this BS assignment to do weekly in EngComp class
I have to incorporate 5 words from Miriam Websters Word of the Day into a sentence or paragraph in addition to my other assignments

I wrote this before I found this thread !hahaha!!
Word of the Day
That morning I awoke to a catastrophe! I had opened the jalousie only to see an odious creature. It was, eight feet tall covered in shaggy red hair . I’ll never forget that face vaguely reminiscent of a human’s except for the staring yellow eyes and jagged fangs. The creature was busy pouring sugar in my gas tank! Suddenly it sneezed(sugar allergies?) I automatically said “Gesundheit!”. The creature upon hearing me, startled and vamoosed. They didn’t believe me at work when I explained why I was late.

I do believe that Patterson filmed a BF some things just can't be faked!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you haven't watched it, I recommend you Ancient Mysteries : Bigfoot. It's a really interesting documentary. I'm giving you the link of the first part of YouTube, if you are interested, watch the others :

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join