It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Bin Laden material shows threats to railways, key cities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

New York (CNN) -- Information taken from Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan indicates that al Qaeda was mulling attacks on a handful of U.S. cities, timed to significant dates, a U.S. official said.
One law enforcement source said that an alert issued Thursday and tied to rail security is the first new notice that can be linked to the early Monday raid on the Abbottabad compound where the al Qaeda leader was found and killed.
More details emerge about the raid
That notice says that, in February 2010, al Qaeda members discussed a plan to derail trains in the United States by placing obstructions on tracks over bridges and valleys.
The plan was to be executed later this year, coinciding with the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks. But no specific city or rail system was identified in the notice.
"It is not surprising that we would find this kind of information in the home of the world's most wanted terrorist," said one U.S. official.
The federal department confirmed the notice went out to federal, state, local and tribal authorities, with spokesman Matt Chandler stressing that "this alleged al Qaeda plotting is based on initial reporting, which is often misleading or inaccurate and subject to change."
"We have no information of any imminent terrorist threat to the U.S. rail sector, but wanted to make our partners aware of the alleged plotting; it is unclear if any further planning has been conducted since February of last year," Chandler said.
Material gathered from the same compound also suggests that al Qaeda was particularly interested in striking Washington, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, according to the official.

CNN breaking news

He planned to attack New York, Chicago, Washington.....

edit on 5-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: adding video

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
OH CRAP CAN YOU SAY POLICE STATE!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidwave

Oh Im sure they will try to use this to push for more "security." There was already something out the other day about possible pat downs at "soft targets" like malls and stores.

If they do start that crap, I will just have to start a grocery store of my own called the "no touching your ta ta's tater emporium" and watch customers flock to my business to avoid having their crotch grabbed and their children fondled, thus creating an empire. Muahaha.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If they start trying to pat me down, I'm moving to Canada.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

derail trains in the United States by placing obstructions on tracks

bahahahaha now this sounds like a bunch of guys who live in caves.... it takes alot to derail a train on normal tracks..... switches is a bit easier but you would literally have to be parking buses and other massive objects on the tracks to even hope to make it derail.....

when can us North Americans derail this dictatorship of a circus?
edit on 5-5-2011 by Majestyka because: sp

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Well I agree with you only I'm moving to Australia

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
TSA is practicing in Portland with the new regulations.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Did he have anything on his computer about molesting airline passengers? Anything on tracking people from their cell phones?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

bahahahaha now this sounds like a bunch of guys who live in caves.... it takes alot to derail a train on normal tracks..... switches is a bit easier but you would literally have to be parking buses and other massive objects on the tracks to even hope to make it derail.....

How about a GIANT pile of camels?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sadly, a large percent of the population will fall for TSA's "This will make it safe for your family" to be searched, ignoring the fact that even children will continue to be violated through pat downs and scans.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
you gotta be kidding me, one more thing for our beloved gov to take control of. This is just more fear mongering, and police state crap we are being railroaded in to, (no pun intended!
)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
One More Step To A Full Police Country...

They Could Say They Found Whatever they Wanted On That Supposed 'Intel'.. they have the "Power" Correct?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Avyuir

Well I agree with you only I'm moving to Australia
There is nowhere to run to.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Unless I see the actual documents, and pics and videos..........well............
It didn't happen.......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So they say he planned 9/11. But, placing objects in front trains sounds elementary to me. You go from comlex to simple? How can anyone buy into this. Expect a lot of these plots over the next few weeks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
If they start trying to pat me down, I'm moving to Canada.

I second this

link   
Joking aside about the trains, I don't understand why he would want to target such a dilapidated form of transportation that honestly only old people use? Me thinks this be fishy!

link   
This is the cost of importing fanaticals!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

And about the non-US cities......

The USA wasn't their only target. Is this information being forwarded? Are we going to hear about them?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
we used to place pennys and such on the tracks and watch them get flattened.....does that make me a terrorist?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join