It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling that the war on conspiracy theorists has begun (or at least has been ramped up)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Smear campaigns are one of the things the Gubberment does extremely well. They do it all the time. And now they've embarked on a smear campaign against Responsible Citizens who want the truth.

Responsible citizens who want the truth? That's quite the subjective statement and it's also very disingenuous. Smear campaigns are something that the government does; however, it causes them to lose credibility. The same goes for conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Responsible citizens who want the truth? That's quite the subjective statement and it's also very disingenuous.

That opinion is also very subjective, if I may say so.

edit on 6-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So what's the new catch phrase to give YOU(heheh) Conspirerists more cedibility and take the CON out of spiracy?

The word alone is not a healthy definition:
www.merriam-webster.com...

Truth Seekers is taken...sounds too much like TeaBaggers anyway.
I got nuthin..

Anybody?

And for the record..Some of my friends have started to come on here..only because they're sick of the way news breaks on MSM..
I have never claimed anything as a FACT from what I read here, unless it's a confirmed fact ,and a reliable source has been included.
Some people ARE waking up.
.They hate the word conspiracy. Too nebulous.
www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Invariance

~snip~ ..."Conspiracy Factualist" (I had to "Add to Dictionary" however, as "factualist" is seemingly not yet a definable word in the English Dictionary)

Thank you, I'm definitely going to use your phrase. Hello, my name is Invariance and I'm a Conspiracy Factualist, I never open my mouth unless I can back it up... (giggles) works for me

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by kerazeesicko

~snip~ ... What we have a great deal of the time is unanswered questions people refuse to answer, huge gaping holes, odd or inexplicable behavior, and other people who are willing to simply take someone's word for something allow decisions, sometimes life-and-death decisions, to be made based on someone's word and without complete evidence and proof.

You're right... does that make them "reality theorists" ? I for one am sick of unanswered questions and blatant skirting of issues. There is no transparency anymore.

Just another point of interest. I found an article called TV Viewing Harmful For Brains Of Toddlers which states:

... television watching by young children can cause irreparable damage to their brains. ... those who had the habit of watching television for more than four hours a day showed more abnormalities than their counterparts who did limited television viewing ... The tests showed that televison viewing produces a trance-like state in the child's brain during which energy is released in the Limbic area (lower area) of the brain that increases aggressiveness in the child ...

Mmm, interesting, no? I read a few threads off and on about the elevation of senseless violence that seems to be snowballing out of control.

Trance-like states, subliminal programming, symbol use, low frequency monotones, etc.. etc..

The general population is being hypnotized and most of those that are not susceptible or don't watch tv post on ATS

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Lets face facts. Conspiracy theorists are a VERY big thorn in the side of anyone with political or monetary power. We scrutinize almost EVERY major story that could possibly be untrue (and rightfully so). What I'm expecting from the latest fiasco (OBL's death) is a full on information war.

edit on 5-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + added + subtracted

Well, to be fair, some of the CT'ers scrutinize and question, but many of them simply go into immediate, unwavering denial that the story could even be remotely true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was listening to Walton and Johnson on the radio this morning and they were talking about how well the government is feeding the conspiracy theorists these days with their BS birth certificate and fake UBL death photos they gave out to members of Congress.
It's true, they do give "us" a lot to speculate on. When was the last time, if ever, the whole truth was known about anything?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I didn't even know I was a conspiracy theorist. My friends/family label me as such. They said to stop the Obama bashing already! Oh really? Trying to sort fact from fiction is bashing Obama? Who's crazier? Me or people that willingly accept anything that is fed to them by the govt? There's a war on conspiracy theorists alright and it's right in my own backyard! I guess I need to be more selective as to what I say and share anymore.(except on this site of course.)

edit on 6-5-2011 by alohagirl21 because: spelling error

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy against the conspiracy, that conspiracy's may hold truth.

This is a tactic that I have noticed as of late. They throw out many different versions of the stories to keep people talking in circles.... and that's just it! Look what's happening with the OBL stories! Look what has happened every time in history that people asked questions or doubted the story they were being told.

They know that we are on to them. We all know that there are three sides to every story. It's one side, the other side, and the truth of what really happened in between the lines.

Don't back down! We have them scrambling now because we are exposing the shadows behind the curtain. Let's turn it up a notch in my opinion and wake up more people to the objective here.

Peace

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
conspiracy theorists are truth seekers,we are everyone

edit on 6-5-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Conspiracy theorist are being attacked by "other false conspiracy theorists", check youtube for example, full of disinformation ! Also the "user ubmitted content" news websites are giving you the WRONG INFORMATION...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont see myself as a conspiracy theorist, I think we should be called Information analysts.
After all that is what we do. We watch the news and analyze the information, see what people are saying on alternative news sites, do some research and then come to our own decisions about what is true.

The powers that be do not like people asking too many questions or asking for facts or proof for what we are being told. We are supposed to be good little sheeple and just accept what they say as gospel.

Well that just isnt going to happen with me. Ive always had an inquiring mind and always look at things from other angles and will continue to do so and refuse to accept things on face value just because im told its true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If they shot John Lennon, they'll make short work of people no one gives a # about!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychotic
I dont see myself as a conspiracy theorist, I think we should be called Information analysts.
After all that is what we do. We watch the news and analyze the information, see what people are saying on alternative news sites, do some research and then come to our own decisions about what is true.

The powers that be do not like people asking too many questions or asking for facts or proof for what we are being told. We are supposed to be good little sheeple and just accept what they say as gospel.

Well that just isnt going to happen with me. Ive always had an inquiring mind and always look at things from other angles and will continue to do so and refuse to accept things on face value just because im told its true.

The powers to be are not worried, they are creating things like youtube, facebook and other user submittable content just for the simple reason that people will get stuck in discussions about nothing...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This has got to make Dave and Hoop, Wack, Alf and the boys kinda' left out, don't you think? No danger of their group being stifled. On a serious note, fear Cass Sunstein,

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

how do we prepare for this war against the conspiracy theorists? and i wonder why they have such a problem with the american people voicing themselves when the very basis our country is founded on allows us to voice, hence the freedom of speech. yes i feel that the cracking down/recognition of conspiracy theorists has begun especially as of late. give me pointers on how to counter and prepare for the attack and war. thanks. never give in

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by breemtameem

Preparations are not needed

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
of course the one worlders will target us soon my opinion is that were freedoms last hope we say what we want when we want about who we want they know we love our individuality and thats the goal for them to make us all the same we must never allow them to silence or assimilate us even in the face of death

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You think the war on conspiracy theorists has started check this out. They now are punishishing star athletes for contesting the validity of the offiical 9/11 explination.

Article

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well it's logical. On the one hand we have the PTB feeding the public with their BS stories through the evil media. Then on the other hand there is us, who are telling those people who are being fed lies, "hey wait a sec, you checked that properly?"
So it's logical what youre saying OP. The PTB are trying hard to promote their view, their lie, then we come along dissect it and start off a stampede of questions by us and all the people we told, who were those people they were telling also.

It's an info war for sure.
S&F

edit on 6-5-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This morning I was watching CNN (yes, the MSM) and they had a whole segment on “Conspiracy Theories” relating to the OBL killing. They were just laughing and chuckling at how silly some of the theories were, and specifically mentioned that “one guy even says that Osama has been dead since ’01-’02 and has been on ice since”, which is referring to the recently discussed Dr. Steve Pieczenik. The lady (Carol Costillo?) just laughed and said “Oh what a crazy world we live in these days!”. The reporter on the topic also mentioned that these theories are so crazy because they don’t have a “shred of proof to them”. Well, I guess we are supposed to believe the shred of proof we are given from our government, which is their word on DNA testing, and that they have pictures of the dead body that we won’t get to see. There is some strong evidence for us to believe in! Frankly, these theories have just as much evidence as what they are telling us!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join