It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frst GOP debate tonight 9PM EST...Ron Paul will be there

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No definite reason why. They probably backed out because they wanted to see who the first ones would be and how well they do.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Pawlenty is so full of it... And Sanotrum... YOU'RE NOT ELIGIBLE.... SO BUG OFF.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The closing comments are all stupid except Ron Paul. Ron Paul was the only one that provided an actual plan. The rest of them sounded good but only could say catch phrases.

link   
from my take ron paul was the only one up there that wasnt business as usual

as for the others meh

link   
In order of who I seen leading tonight it would have to be: Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, and Gary Johnson, in that order.

What do youse think?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

i think i cringe of the thought of having a:

president santorum or a president pawlenty

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So Herman Cain won?!! Are people absolutely stupid?! Do important issues mean nothing but just catch phrases?!

Good get what you deserve. If you nominate him you get what you deserve!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i dont put much stock in who wins debates

people said john kerry won the debates and who did we have as president?

meh

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Herman Cain, overwhelmingly won the debates according to the 29 delegates.

Talk about insider, he is the ultimate insider. He is the Fed.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Where did you read that? I'm trying to find it.

And I thought Cain actually did really well during the first half. He was my second favorite. Until I notice what I posted about on page 2 of this thread. All of his responses boiled down to empty rhetoric and conservative catch phrases. Then I mentally wrote him off.

I would still say he did better than the other three but no way better than Paul. Can you link me to where you read he won? That is crazy to me. At least it wasn't Johnson, though. lol I actually felt myself cringing and feeling sympathy for him with how poorly he came across lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

www.greenvilleonline.com...

Herman Cain is a newspaper columnist, businessman, political activist and radio talk show host from Georgia. He is the former chairman and CEO of Godfather’s Pizza and the former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
These morons are saying:

1 - Herman Cain
2 - Rick Santorum

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

He is definitely the best speaker out of all of them. Slick talking though doesn't do it for me anymore. He looks pretty too. Pretty and a slick talker is enough to give me pause. I saw very little substance in his points, except that he was a business guy. He had some decent points in the beginning that were not mainstream, which I can appreciate. I won't write him off just yet...but he needs more substance to sway my mind.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I meant to ask where are you reading about who won the debate. lol

Also, it blows my mind Santorum came in second? That guy REEKED of saying only what he thought people wanted to hear. And instead of answering questions directly, he would go off on some tangent about how great he was.

HUH!?!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As far as real strategy that was delivered hands down was Ron Paul.

As far as slick talking I go with Cain.

Santorum was simply too much like Bush Jr. Might as well have been him. He supports torture, foreign wars, occupation of foreign nations, wants to give corporations all no taxes so they create jobs lol.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
These morons are saying:

1 - Herman Cain
2 - Rick Santorum

We need camera's in the bedrooms

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I do not have a link for it because it was on FOX News channel after the debates ended.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Misoir

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I meant to ask where are you reading about who won the debate. lol

Also, it blows my mind Santorum came in second? That guy REEKED of saying only what he thought people wanted to hear. And instead of answering questions directly, he would go off on some tangent about how great he was.

HUH!?!

I agree, he was very kissy kissy with the audience, he is a politician down to the hair, his name should be chip.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I oppose taxes on corporations as well but that is only if we can accept the notion that big business compete and are not to be subsidized, protected, or favored by big government. Rick Santorum reeks of the type of person that would happily keep the "too big to fail" policies and help expand regulations which do not protect consumers but rather protect the interests of big business.

I have no problem with businesses becoming big by providing services and products people want to consume but I do have a problem with them being favored by government and given special privileges. Republicans and Democrats are good at doing that.

No more bailing out any people, countries, or businesses, period. That is what I say.

We agree that he sounds like Bush, almost identical, and that is the last thing America needs.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I do not have a link for it because it was on FOX News channel after the debates ended.

OK, thanks. I was watching the live feed online then turned it off so I missed it.

Can't believe Cain and Santorum came in 1st and 2nd. We're doomed.

Cain wasn't necessarily BAD- just depended too much on buzzwords. Definitely no comparison to Paul, though.

Sanatorium, on the other hand, just had that slick politician air about him. Came across as a used car salesman talking about how great a busted up lemon was if it would get him the sale, even at the detriment of the buyer. And the guy might as well have ended every answer he gave with 'And God bless the USA!' since he was building up the 'God, Country, and Family!!!' angle but it came across as so hollow as if he really didn't give a flip about those things.

Yicky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join