It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Signs That The Collapse Of Our Modern World Has Already Begun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Let the transition start ASAP
for our futur generation sake

we live in a unegual unsustainable world
ruled by greed .. so no choice .. this world we live in today have to be modified for the better

i have sensed it since my youngest age
it will happen

but sadly it has to worsen to get better at the point where we are

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

#3 - The failure of nuclear science - The Fukushima catastrophe proves one thing: Scientists are dangerously arrogant in their planning of large-scale projects, and they fail to account for the awesome power of Mother Nature. Nuclear science promised us clean, green energy -- but now it has delivered a silent, invisible poison that's infecting our planet.

#4 - The vicious pursuit of Wikileaks - In an age of such rampant deceit, there is no room for the truth. So those who tell the truth (Wikileaks) are viciously pursued as if they were criminals.

Great post. A few thoughts.

The Fukushima disaster was bought to us (in whole or in part) courtesy of GE's faulty reactor designs. It's not like they did not know:

www.bloomberg.com...

Is wikileaks legitimate? A honeypot to trap whistleblowers? A disinformation campaign? The attention-whoring behaviour (along with the non-release of information) of these people makes them very suspect. I would not trust anything they released with second-sourcing the data.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I think we should start defending our loved ones, neighbours and family.

How long do we tolerate this?

Good question. I think we tolerated this enough.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I think we should start defending our loved ones, neighbours and family.

How long do we tolerate this?

Good question. I think we tolerated this enough.

Critical mass point is in sight. We choose tomorrow.

I like these comments, its pure

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Wow, excelent article! S+F
Unfortunatly, vast majority of people are completely ignorant about what's going around them (until it's too late)...
#11 is my favorite point, what's yours?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think we're living in the prequel to many sci-fi movie themes...

You know, the ones where people have populated other planets or huge ships... nomads wondering the universe aimlessly because earth has become a toxic wasteland and nuclear aftermath that's uninhabitable ?

Yeah, those ones.

We're poisoning ourselves out of our one and only home folks.

War, greed, hubris, disease, toxic waste, long-lived poisons, natural resource depletion, messing with natural processes, chemically induced societies... the list goes on and on.

Is it any wonder birds are dropping out of the sky and fish are floating belly up ?

We're a network prime-time sitcom show... I can picture little green men sitting in their spaceships over our skies watching us, munching on popcorn, and laughing their arses off at the comedy skit.

... Ugh, now I need a stiff drink.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alomaha
Wow, excelent article! S+F
Unfortunatly, vast majority of people are completely ignorant about what's going around them (until it's too late)...
#11 is my favorite point, what's yours?

Like frogs in a boiling water.

I go #11 too. Its a key point.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
ok people now that we know all that what are we going to do ?

seriously look at us what are we doing...i'm trying to make move people around since 2 years, but now seriously i'm tired...the situation has not evolved it's worse now, i'm apart and people around me think I'm paranoid ...

we are so pathetic spending our time here screaming how this world is fallen apart we stars and flags but it not make the world better place, it's worse i can not blame my friends to be blind, i can only blame myself to know and find any issue to make the world change

i'm so sad...very sad...leave this world to his funest destiny with some luck maybe another will reborn much faire.
edit on 6-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

I feel your pain brother... I'm sure majority people on this site do. That distinctive feeling of disappointment is well too known... But you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, in fact you should be proud of yourself! At least you put effort to see and realize the truth! Furthermore you tried to help people see it also but to no avail. But it's not your fault! It's theirs fault. Their laziness and selfishness to leave their comfort zone. All who are lazy and selfish will pay their price. You won't, trust me.

I know it's a hard time for all of us. It's really frustrating to watch all these things that are happening around us and not be able to change the outcome...But Look at it from another perspective: maybe the outcome should be exactly as it is going to be! Complete transformation! Not just some cosmetic change. Nope, it's too late for that. Change will be radical! It's the natural law.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Nice that you have commented on the topics. Thanks for your effort.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The total radiation burden on the human race is now reaching a point of mass infertility. That may be the whole idea, actually.

-> children of men

(must see if you have not)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Let the transition start ASAP
for our futur generation sake

we live in a unegual unsustainable world
ruled by greed .. so no choice .. this world we live in today have to be modified for the better

i have sensed it since my youngest age
it will happen

but sadly it has to worsen to get better at the point where we are

The decline occurred in all civilizations. But this time I think the change will be far more disastrous.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stygmartyrZA
I feel like crying..

Why are they doing this to the people of this earth?

I think the answer lies in the definition of they, and the lack of humanity they possess,
and by lack of humanity, the possibility is that they are not human at all.

This music video might strengthen your spirits. The musicians are a band called EPICA, and I think there music should be more popular. They are so EPCIA and supporting, and powerful and honorable.

I cant remeber how to do embeds
(aha, i managed... take that former self)

www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-5-2011 by REalBEL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The problem with our modern world is that our technologies and innovations have taken away "natural selection". This is why we are over-populated. The dumb survive just as easily as the intelligent. So i really cannot fault "them" for wanting to exercise population control as our planet is choking with 7b people.
edit on 6-5-2011 by angelas210 because: spelling error

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelas210
The problem with our modern world is that our technologies and innovations have taken away "natural selection". This is why we are over-populated. The dumb survive just as easily as the intelligent. So i really cannot fault "them" for wanting to exercise population control as our planet is choking with 7b people.
edit on 6-5-2011 by angelas210 because: spelling error

My brother and I were just discussing this last night...

We have an entire set of generations flourishing right now that grew up on Jackass and "bling". I can't tell you how many videos I've run across on YouTube with millions of views of some stupid idiot shooting a blowgun dart into someone's butt, and then them wondering WHY IT HURT?!?

Come on.. you just embedded a 4 inch piece of sharpened steel 3 inches into someone's flesh, and you really have to wonder why it hurt? And the other idiot just standing there TAKING IT and wondering why it hurt?

Really?

100 years ago, someone doing that would have died of a massive infection from that puncture wound by an unsterilized piece of metal and there was one less idiot in the gene pool. But now? We have antibiotics that'll keep them going.

Ugh...

And that's not to mention the 1000s of comments of "Cool!" "Haha!" "Lol!" and "I gotta do this..." on the vids...

Millions of views... and yet the REAL stories... the ones that are critical FOR OUR FREAKING SURVIVAL get 100 at best.

Ugh...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
for me, a major problem we are all facing; maybe been facing already...is the fact that technology was supposed to free us, it was supposed to advance us...problem is technology is increasing at an alarming rate and the pace of it will only double now...

But the elite haven't made any plans how to deal with this. Technology will/has took our jobs..which is good but this has and will continue to destroy our monetary system. We need a major change and no one seems to be worrying about it.

They will have to soon enough though...its already staring at us...we can't afford to wait till its starting BACK at us!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is so.... so....I cannot find the words to even begin to describe how this makes me feel....
But I know I am not alone, I know we share the same feeling, regardless of whether we can spell it out. Those of us that are aware, we share a oneness of sorts; we truely are in this together, one for all & all for one.

Originally posted by pitchdragon..we are so pathetic spending our time here screaming how this world is fallen apart we stars and flags but it not make the world better place, it's worse i can not blame my friends to be blind, i can only blame myself to know and find any issue to make the world change.
edit on 6-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

I know, it's so frustrating!
I cannot & will not blame those who are oblivious. It is natural to avoid stress where possible. They were born into circumstances where the need/urge to question things as non-existent. But we have to stick together, however cheesy that sounds. We are One as far as I'm concerned.

A footnote to #5/6/8/9 ;
The Government Food Pyramid is bogus. Carbohydrates are detrimental to our bodies. It's toxic in our bloodstream, & we produce insulin to make up for it (it carries what is not used immediately to storage)
Long story short, grains, cereals. etc are bad for us, & are the cause of a lot of modern illnesses. Diabetes, systemic inflammation, heart disease, et al did NOT exist 10,000 years ago. Brain capacity of hunter-gatherers was larger than it is today, interestingly. All this ties in with each other; it's all connected!

We will defeat this evil brothers, but the change must start within us first.
edit on 6-5-2011 by WilhelmFink because: unfinished sentence

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The GMO and bee colony collapses are the most troubling. I wonder if we are reorganizing the very make up of our planet. Are we creating some new order of things, right down to the very molecular and nucleic buildingblocks???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I remember reading that radiation was showing up in the Mississippi River. Then I read they blew the levies and flooded 120,000 acres of farm land with that same water.

I love nature and it could drive me mad to see what has happened to this planet since the industrial revolution.

J.R. Tolkien saw it all beginning in his day and when he wrote Lord of the Rings, the mechanized nature destroying empire of Sauron was analogous to what he was watching occur on planet earth.

It's sad...but it's clear that the earth has seen the rise and fall of many civilizations. I wonder how close we are to that tipping point in our own time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I feel like crying..

I think the answer lies in the definition of they, and the lack of humanity they possess,

Search for power and greed instead of love and understanding. This is the recipe that the Society enjoys to follow. Sad and dangerous.

But what good is power and money when the Earth is poisoned, the masses are dead or dying, the economy is collapsed and all that TPTB sought to rule has be destroyed? What's left?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

I feel like crying..

Search for power and greed instead of love and understanding. This is the recipe that the Society enjoys to follow. Sad and dangerous.

But what good is power and money when the Earth is poisoned, the masses are dead or dying, the economy is collapsed and all that TPTB sought to rule has be destroyed? What's left?

Well, this is wath #11 talks about

edit on 6-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join