It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery 'UFO' lights spotted over Russia shock masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It was a night when many thought the great question on alien life had finally been answered. Big glowing ball with four extending tails whizzed about the sky over the Russian Urals. The sight attracked mass attention when the first messages and spectacular pictures quickly appeared in blogs. But it turns out 'life from Mars' was actually a Meridian military communications satellite being blasted off into orbit. It's the fourth of its type launched by Russia to replace the ageing Molniya system. The country has more than 100 satellites hurtling around the earth.

Video link

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Wow, everything you typed in your OP is a direct quote from the RT reporter. Tsk Tsk. Maybe you should at least give us your take on it. Just sayin'.
edit on 5-5-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Whoa, now you've done it.
With a title like that you're going to have this thread inundated by morons who didnt read what you typed or bother looking at the video before raving on about 'evidence' is finally here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Whoa, now you've done it.
With a title like that you're going to have this thread inundated by morons who didnt read what you typed or bother looking at the video before raving on about 'evidence' is finally here.

But will they be morons or people who've been duped because this post is in the wrong section and because the OP decides to let people think this is a UFO...perhaps for exposure? Stars and flags? I don't know but I know when people say this is a satellite they will not be the morons here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is pointless (imo) ...

There have been thousands of video footage clips of a light in the sky, that may, or may absolutely not, be a UFO ..

Dont see the point in continually posting these clips to YT, unless theres something new to see ...

My brother caught what seems to be a UFO on his phone .. although, between the 2 of us we found it interesting for about 10 minutes .. I dont see the point in uploading to YT ... because its just a fuzzy blob and theres too many of those vids to sift through already ....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Bad first thread to wake up to in the morning...

Very misleading title, maybe "It's Just A satellite"? Totally wrong article for this forum. Maybe Skunk works?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Errr..... you may want to read this thread.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is my first thread, you guys are harsh, i will not post anything more threads here.

sorry.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Your original post was accurate and informative, please do not give up on this rambunctious assemblage.

Thank you for your interest and your desire to share. Nothing more is required, here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
This is my first thread, you guys are harsh, i will not post anything more threads here.

sorry.

Not being harsh. Just stating that if you quote someone you must use either the "quote" or "ex-text" buttons above the reply box. Only trying to save you some trouble in the future, however, I don't think you should give up on posting threads.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

sorry.

Aaawww .. c'mon .... take it on the chin .. as ya said .. youre new ... as am i ... so now weve got a better understanding of what general ATS readers want and dont want ..... lets use that going forward

PS - none of my comments in previous post were aimed at you personally ... just a general rant about youtube ...

God Bless

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Moscow TV channels show rocket launch from Plesetsk
In its 0900 UTC news on May 5, Russian Defense Ministry-controlled "Zvezda" TV channel showed a report about the May 4 launch of a Soyuz-2 carrier rocket from the Plesetsk cosmodrome with a military communications satellite, Meridian, on board. Video showed the rocket being prepared for launch, the launch at dusk, and an awards ceremony after it, attended by the Russian Space Troops commander.
The launch was also shown on Russian state news channel "Rossiya 24". A brief video was followed by mobile phone footage from Perm (some 1,500 km east of Plesetsk) sent by a local resident, who at first took the rocket in the sky for a UFO.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't understand why everyone went berserk, besides the quoting issue.

I've seen pictures of this posted multiple times as a "UFO" and knew it had been debunked, but never did know what it actually was. Now I do! Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It was a night when many thought the great question on alien life had finally been answered. Big glowing ball with four extending tails whizzed about the sky over the Russian Urals. The sight attracked mass attention when the first messages and spectacular pictures quickly appeared in blogs. But it turns out 'life from Mars' was actually a Meridian military communications satellite being blasted off into orbit. It's the fourth of its type launched by Russia to replace the ageing Molniya system. The country has more than 100 satellites hurtling around the earth.

Video link

www.youtube.com...

Good job. Don't pay attention to others here. Russian is my native language, so sometimes it's hard to come up with your own summary. There is nothing wrong with your post
!! Don't worry.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Lol bunch of sheeple thinking this is a UFO. They don't even know about their daily world. dumb asses
edit on 6-5-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

join