It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! May 21, 2011 reality check

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was just leaving the shop up here in Alaska to go for a test drive in a car and I saw one of those trucks that have billboards on the side of them and you can advertise anyhing on it. Well 2 out of the 3 sides that I saw were advertising May 21, 2011 and something about God passing judgement on us. I couldn't believe that one of these signs made it all the way up to Alaska and I thought to myself who the heck is paying for this? So I Googled May 21, 2011 moving billboard and thes things are all over the world. This operation has to be hugely funded, this is like Y2K, except most people are passing it as been there done that. I just can't believe that someone is pouring such a large amount of money into this and from what I have read most of these people supporting this are Christians, didnt they read the bible? Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Figures. It's my Mom's birthday.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coldfiremx

They are trying anything to just raise awareness these days.

Soon they will resort to skywriting and commercials on tv. (though I think they do commercials already)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

yea m;y birthday too.........what luck, the end of the world day.............wow. special

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I live in south Florida. I have seen billboards and trucks. Really wonder about the cash flow to afford this. Come may 22 I'm thinking about standing on the street with a sign of my own that simply reads "really?". I do want to know where the money is coming from...always follow the money.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yep. Some atheists in Washington even set up something called the Countdown to Backpedaling. Both religious believers and non-believers are curious to see what excuses these people can come up with when May 21st comes and goes without Jesus even dipping a toe into our atmosphere to see if the air is warm. The sad thing is some people have made serious financial sacrifices to support this end of the world nonsense.

Countdown to Back Pedaling
edit on 3-5-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
whoevers doing this is a bit creepy. hope theyre not a suicide cult.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
[color=deepskyblue]It will be just another day to most...

And it will be a sad day for the guy paying for the signs.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
they're all over melbourne, australia too. probably in the other major cities in australia aswell. how the heck can someone afford all this? lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Maybe a government? Or possibly the catholic church paying for it? who knopws...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ebiblefellowship.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Nah it's Harold Camping I believe..
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's total BS. Loads of people throughout the ages have tried to predict the end times, and they've obviously never been right. The group that is lauding the 21st as the end will be proven wrong soon enough.

link   
en.wikipedia.org...\

just some interesting information on the date and why it was chosen.

link   
Apprearently alot of followers are paying for it.
May 21 2011 is judgement day and the rapture.
October 21 2011 is the end of the world for those left behind.
Thats my b-day,so I hope I get left behind.

www.may-212011.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
heres these peoples mathematical reasoning

ebiblefellowship.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thread started about this months ago, check it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
ebiblefellowship.com

I got an 8 page pamphlet in my mailbox today from this place.

So, what's going to happen when May 21, 2011 comes and goes without Judgment Day happening?
What happens when the end of the world doesn't happen on Oct. 21, 2011????

I wish all these religious solicitors would quit coming to my door and/or putting stuff in my mail box.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

...and it came to pass...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A quick question to the veterans here...Has any prediction on ATS ever come true???

<<   2  3  4 >>

join