It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist suspects arrested near Sellafield

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Terrorist suspects arrested near Sellafield

www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk

COUNTER terrorism officers have arrested five men near Sellafield nuclear plant.

The men from London were detained under section 41 of the Terrorism Act after a routine vehicle check close to the west Cumbria facility yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The news links is taken from the Westmorland Gazette ( I've no idea where westmorland is... perhaps somewhere near Sellafield, perhaps) but this is also being reported on the Sky News channels ticker. They haven't mentioned anything about the story as yet.
I wonder how credible this threat will turn out to be.
Or if it just a knee jerk reaction to the Bin Laden affair.

www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A couple of guys in their 20's driving near a power plant? Really? Were they gonna blow it up with bubble gum?

What a joke.

Routine vehicle check? Is it that bad over there now? What terrorist stops for a search? LOL
edit on 3-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is breaking news now on Sky News. news.sky.com...

Five men from London are being held under the Terrorism Act after being arrested close to the Sellafield nuclear site in Cumbria.

Sources said the men's behaviour near the site yesterday afternoon raised the suspicions of officers who were patrolling the area.

They were detained and held overnight at a police station in Carlisle and are to be questioned by counter-terror command officers in Manchester.

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White said: "From what I understand there was nothing found on them that would give immediate cause for concern that there was any potential attack."

Also being reported here. www.thesun.co.uk... www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Am I the only one to see this as being something completely BS and made up?

How convenient it was that the police just HAPPENED to stop a vehicle on a ROUTINE and RANDOM stop and, OH, lo and beHOLD... they're terrorists!

And, OH! lo and beHOLD they were near a nuclear power plant!

Maybe I am just too cynical.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yeah i just posted this 10 minutes ago on another thread because I cant make new threads.
This all seems so bogus to me. Very nice timing imo.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Jeluzifus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

It's now on the news ticker that they were taking pictures of the plant.
I agree that it is probably nothing, but some of our home grown terrorists don't seem to be too sharp.
Setting yourself on fire in an airport didn't seem too bright to me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Why are people so quick to claim bogus.

Need I remind you of this:

en.wikipedia.org...

or this?

005 21 July: The 21 July 2005 London bombings, also conducted by four would-be suicide bombers on the public transport, whose bombs failed to go off.
2006 28 September: Talbot Street bomb-making haul
2007 1 February: The 2007 Plot to behead a British Muslim soldier
2007 29 June: 2007 London car bombs.
2008 27 February: British police thwarted a suspected plot to kill Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a state visit to Britain in the year 2007 a senior officer said.

Some Muslims in the UK , DO hate us.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Am I the only one to see this as being something completely BS and made up?

How convenient it was that the police just HAPPENED to stop a vehicle on a ROUTINE and RANDOM stop and, OH, lo and beHOLD... they're terrorists!

And, OH! lo and beHOLD they were near a nuclear power plant!

Maybe I am just too cynical.

Maybe, just maybe our security was on high alert and found it highly suspicious that men were taking photo's of the plant - especially when things are so volatile.

Are you the type of person who also slams security when something passes under their nose and something terrible happens?

'Where were the bloody security?'

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just to throw my two pennies worth in, my partner has family in the Cumbria area near to Windscale (where sellafield is) and i have to say that security is incredibly tight around there and has been for years. I have also worked at sellafield in the past (construction, nothing exciting for fellow ATS'ers!) and the amount of clearance and security needed to even get into the outlying buildings was incredible. To gain access to the main site area we had to get biometric data registered and this was over 10 years ago now, all very hollywood sci fi style (hand scans to get into buildings and we were nowhere near the really sensitive stuff). Cars stopping by fields / roadsides nearby are often quickly and quietly checked out.
May turn out to be nothing (in my opinion probably will) but the actual response and speed it was carried out with are, in our experience, fairly standard and nothing to get hyped up about.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Why would five men from London be interested in a nuclear facility?

Or are they bogus, and fictional according to some posters here?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You could take pictures of the Heysham 2 Nuclear Plant near Preston from atop of Blackpool Tower with a decent camera.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Maybe, just maybe our security was on high alert and found it highly suspicious that men were taking photo's of the plant - especially when things are so volatile.

Are you the type of person who also slams security when something passes under their nose and something terrible happens?

'Where were the bloody security?'

I never preclude possibilities, but the story given is, on the face of it, highly suspicious.

And, by the way, no, I am not that kind of person.

I understand there are those that hate for hate's sake, and will do anything they can to cause chaos.

I also understand that there are those that propagandize for propaganda's sake and never let a good crisis go to waste.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Ok well forgive me for being so defensive.

But this is a volatile time, many wannabe's may be somehow trying to avenge Usama (assuming he's dead at all - but that's a different story), but nevertheless - times like these bring out all the mad bastards.

Just saying

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If this was mobilisation in response to Bin Ladens death then they must have been quick off the mark.
That's some distance from London to travel for a bit of holy jihad.

Maybe it was a recon mission for a suicide plane crash. " Right guys, this is what a nuclear reactor looks like. Make sure its this building you crash into"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

By the way, to add to the above post from me... I am also not downing the security/etc... but I more question the press itself, because in a time like this where things ARE highly volatile (as you said, mrlizard, and I agree), the press will jump on the littlest breadcrumb of a story and use it to incite yet more fear and loathing in the minds of their consumers.

Perhaps I should have clarified that more in my original statements, but there you go. That's what I get for posting when sleepy and with a sick kiddo next to me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
AHahaha

I love how they create the problem and offer no solution for it at this stage yet. So you better be afraid people. Be REALLY afraid. That way you can cheer all the louder for your government when they offer a solution to your fears!

But the solution WILL be offered of course, at a time when some nutcases have been pushed to "retaliate" and others are pushed to "defend"...it all comes down to who is pushing who to do what.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Five men from London are being held under the Terrorism Act after being arrested close to the Sellafield nuclear site in Cumbria, police said today.
The arrests came as the U.S. CIA and State Department warned there was 'enhanced potential' for violence against the country's citizens and assets.
Police departments were warned that the killing will likely inspire homegrown extremists in the U.S. to carry out revenge attacks.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

and also

www.guardian.co.uk...

An investigation is now under way by the north-west counterterrorism unit.

Greater Manchester police said the investigation was in its early stages and there would be no further information released immediately. They were not aware of any connection to the death of Osama bin Laden in the US special forces operation in Pakistan.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

By the way, to add to the above post from me... I am also not downing the security/etc... but I more question the press itself, because in a time like this where things ARE highly volatile (as you said, mrlizard, and I agree), the press will jump on the littlest breadcrumb of a story and use it to incite yet more fear and loathing in the minds of their consumers.

Perhaps I should have clarified that more in my original statements, but there you go. That's what I get for posting when sleepy and with a sick kiddo next to me.

I understand my friend, but thanks for clarifying. I think the best thing is to not let it affect our daily life, so that why we don't let the spooks or the nutters bother us.

Hope your kid gets better too.

Peace

Mr L

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Why are people so quick to claim bogus.

Need I remind you of this:

en.wikipedia.org...

or this?

005 21 July: The 21 July 2005 London bombings, also conducted by four would-be suicide bombers on the public transport, whose bombs failed to go off.
2006 28 September: Talbot Street bomb-making haul
2007 1 February: The 2007 Plot to behead a British Muslim soldier
2007 29 June: 2007 London car bombs.
2008 27 February: British police thwarted a suspected plot to kill Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a state visit to Britain in the year 2007 a senior officer said.

Some Muslims in the UK , DO hate us.

There are many who believe the July 7, bombings were NOT done by Muslims, but by NWO murdererous agents.

Also, from what I've read so far, there is NO statement saying these men are Muslims....so don't you think you're kind of jumping the gun on that one - which, of course, would be exactly what TPTB want.
edit on 3-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join